• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-----------------Cech---------------------

Bos---------Luiz---Alex-------Bertrand

-----------------Mikel-------------------

------Meireles---------McEachran-----

--Sturridge----Torres-----------Mata--

I would rest Terry, Cole and Lamps for United game and I would replace Mikel for Romeu, Mata for Malouda and Sturridge for Anelka/Kalou in 2nd half.

This is a CL game against the 4th best team in the bundesliga. This is infinitely going to be more difficult than Sunderland. It's a bit strange that a few fans (here and other boards) think it'll be an easy game. BL is likely the best team Chelsea will face so far.

This is a CL game against the 4th best team in the bundesliga. This is infinitely going to be more difficult than Sunderland. It's a bit strange that a few fans (here and other boards) think it'll be an easy game. BL is likely the best team Chelsea will face so far.

Agreed. It shouldn't be an easy game. Also, I don't understand why fatigue should be a concern this early in the season, especially when we're playing at home 5 days before the United game.

To call Ballack a Chelsea legend is absoulote bollocks, The man came in and had 2 decent seasons, and became a liabillity then, In his last season he was dreadful, and he is most remembered at Chelsea for a double against Man United.

If he is a Chelsea legend so is Deco, Del Horno, Kezman and Shaun Wright-Phillips!

Going to be a tough match but hope we'll continue winning. Somehow I still believe in Torres even though his performance against Sunderland was horrible. We have to see how Dan-Tor-Mata works, because there is some potential. So, here's my starting XI:

--------------------Cech------------------

--Bosingwa--Ivanovic--Terry--Cole--

------------------Meireles----------------

---------Lampard-------Ramires-------

--Sturridge--------------------Mata-----

------------------Torres-------------------

Subs (if no one gets injured):

- Ivanovic <-> Luiz

- Torres <-> Anelka

- Sturridge <-> Malouda (Mata -> RW, Malouda -> LW)

This isn't the squad I want, it's what I think AVB will select.

Cech, Cole, Terry, Ivanovic, Bosingwa, Lampard, Mikel, Meireles, Malouda, Anelka, Sturridge

Bench: Hilario, David Luiz, Ferreira, Ramires, Mata, Torres, Kalou

A side that rests some players and tries out Sturridge and Meireles. David Luiz and Torres need to come in for sure to see how they're doing and if they could feature against MU on Sunday.

When you have 60+ games a season, there's no such thing as dropped. It's squad rotation and everyone needs to play a part. If Drogba is fit, he should start tomorrow so he can get some match sharpness and some much needed time on the pitch. I'm not underestimating Leverkusen but i really do think it will be a relatively easy game for some reason but it wont be pretty. Maybe a scrappy 1-0 or something.

We have 4 whole days off too which is a day more than Man Utd as they play on Wednesday. They probably have the tougher game too as they're away. They will win but i think our preparation for Sunday will be better than theirs but wont make a whole lot of difference.

-----------------Cech---------------------

Bos---------Luiz---Alex-------Bertrand

-----------------Mikel-------------------

------Meireles---------McEachran-----

--Sturridge----Torres-----------Mata--

I would rest Terry, Cole and Lamps for United game and I would replace Mikel for Romeu, Mata for Malouda and Sturridge for Anelka/Kalou in 2nd half.

Bertrand isn't in the CL squad.

Maybe Torres has a better chance of scoring in the Champions League group stages than he does in the Premier League, its probably worth starting him.

Hopefully we see

Cech

Bosingwa, Luiz, Terry, Cole

Meireles

Ramires, Lampard

Sturridge, Torres, Mata

btw I think the reason why Chelsea fans think so highly of Ballack was his model behaviour in his time at Chelsea, his sheer commitment to the cause (eg. his chasing and shoving of Overbo) and because he was a genuinely household name who chose to play for our club and he played quite well in his time here and unlike the traitor Joe Cole, his message to the fans upon his departure was class personified. He will deservedly get a fantastic reception on the Bridge on Tuesday night, he deserves it.

German Coach Joachim Löw is really low! I don't understand how Ballack can't be a captain of Germany?! :doh:

You are exaggerating now. Ballack is good, but he's 34 and doesn't fit into Low's plans. Schweinsteiger, Khedira and Ozil can all offer more then Ballack in the midfield.