Chelsea 2-0 Bayer Leverkusen

BlueLion.

Ballack wasn't the best midfielder in the world at Chelsea, but he brought stability, determination and strength. He was a class act and always gave 100%. He scored important goals. He was even willing to take a pay cut to stay at the Bridge.

Not a Chelsea legend, but he was quite a player for us and deserves a standing ovation.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if AVB will start Torres despite that interview he gave. I think Drogba should come in as a sub if he's fit, he needs a few minutes before the manu game.

BTW I really think people are underestimating Bayer; They have a great keeper and young talented strikers. Their strongest point is their midfield, their weakest is the back four. I'm sure we'll win but it probably won't be a cruise.

I can't wait to see Ballack get a standing ovation at the Bridge...he deserves it.

BTW I really think people are underestimating Bayer; They have a great keeper and young talented strikers. Their strongest point is their midfield, their weakest is the back four. I'm sure we'll win but it probably won't be a cruise.

Exactly ... watch out for Renato Augusto. Star in the making.

Sturridge needs to start vs. United, rest him for Bayer and start Malouda.

I find it funny how people are talking about rest after four whole games this season :lol:.

And it's the opposite with Sturridge. He lacks match rhythm, you could see it against Sunderland (the last game he played was against Rangers). He needs to play as much as possible now to get in a flow and gain form.

Ballack on his return to the Bridge

Choosing one moment that sticks in his memory more than the others is an impossible task for the former Germany captain, but he can narrow the choice down to three.

'My injury right at the start because in the end I missed seven months and it was quite a difficult period for me.

'The second memory is the Champions League Final with the penalty shoot-out that will haunt all of us for ever.

'The third was winning the League and the Cup in the last year. After trailing to Man United for three years, winning two titles in the last year was great.'

0,,10268~9986402,00.jpg