Could be worse always

Tomo

Found this interesting peice on another forum and i thought i'd share it on here, if you think at any point this season that our season is going to pot read this and realise it could always be worse.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25th June 2011 - Rafa Benitez is appointed Chelsea manager on a 6 year deal worth 500k a week, Roman Abramovic decides to use this moment to give his first Chelsea interview "im very happy to announce the appointment of Rafa Benitez to Chelsea FC and as a show of my grattitude i am going to back him with unlimited funds".

28th June 2011 - "Drogba, David Luiz, Torres and Sturridge leave Chelsea for Man.City for a overall package of £60m, when Rafa was asked who he was going to replace them with he said "im looking for a centre half to replace David but only one forward needed as we have Anelka and Kalou already i can confirm i have made a £15m bid for David N Gog".

30th June 2011 - David N Gog completes his move to Chelsea for £15m, Rafa signs Danny Shittu for £10m as David Luiz's replacement and Rafa says he intends to spend the rest of the money on a couple of full backs. Also Rafa has decided to terminate the contracts of Gael Kakuta and Patrick Van Aanholt.

5th July 2011 - Rafa is delighted to announce the signings of Eboue and Kieran Gibbs from Arsenal for a combined £45m, the gaffer said "im happy as they will provide decent cover for Bosingwa and Cole". Rafa has decided to extend Kalou's contract for 6 years and give him a pay rise to 150k a week, Rafa describes him as "vital" to his future plans.

11th July 2011 - Josh McEachran joins Fulham on a season long long with option to buy for £1m, Ryan Bertrand joins Reading for 100k.

24th July 2011 - Rafa appoints Iain Dowie as his assistant, Rafa spoke to Roman and Rafa has sold Roman on the idea of Rafa moulds Dowie to be his succesor when Rafa leaves.

30th July 2011 - Rafa signs Darron Gibson for Man.Utd for £35m in the last move off the summer, Rafa says "im delighted to get it done so quick, i thought i might get trouble from Fergie but he accepted my first offer straight away what can i say? i am happy".

14th August 2011 - Chelsea lose 4-0 to Stoke, Rafa said after the match "i thought we were going to concede from a Delap throw but we didnt so i am satisfied".

August - Chelsea lose 1-0 to West Brom then draw 0-0 to Norwich, Rafa said "we have improved by score every game so we are progressing".

10th September 2011 - Chelsea lose 3-0 to Sunderland at the Stadium of Light, Rafa said "last year Chelsea lost 3-0 to these lot at home, this year it was away so it was not all that bad".

October 2011 - Chelsea lose 2-0 at the Stadium of Light in the carling cup " last time it was 3-0 this time it was 2-0, footballs about progression and you can see the progress we make".

December 2011 - Chelsea get knocked out of the CL group stage finishing last Rafa said "we can save money on air travel which can go towards players".

End of the season Chelsea finish 8th David N Gog started and finished every single game of the season and finshed with 1 shot on target asked if he was going to replace him Rafa said "no absolutely not, he is getting used to being forward at a new club and with a summer break he will fire us to glory next season and thats a fakt".

Rafa quits over apparent lack of funds avalible to him, Iain Dowie takes over the reigns at The Bridge and signs Andy Johnson and Matt Duke.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic