Lasting flops

manco

Hey all I'm new here...

I have to say that something I've been complaining about for the last few years is

the way that Kalou and Mikel still exist in our squad.

I think Ramires is not always worth a starting lineup position, but at least he makes an effort.

These 2 idiots just drive me nuts when I see them. I don't think AVB is blind so what's going on?

I would put Sturridge instead of Kalou anyway, he really not anything special...can't they loan him

to some team?

And as for Mikel, words fail me. This guy was responsible for at least 30% of the goals we conceded last season,

and yet he still plays for us. I don't see why we can't but a decent DMC (since Essien is out), such as

Las Diarra or some other skilled butcher...

And something else - When Piazon arrives we will have him, Lamps, Josh Mc and Mata all on the same spot.

Not so wise I guess...

Thoughts?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do I start?

Piazon is 17 yo and will probably be loaned out in jan and won't get a single appearance in a chelsea shirt for at least for a year.

Mikel is our best passer, one of our more consistent players, and the player that sets our tempo. If you know football you've got to realize that imo.

Mata is a winger he can play with Lampard and so can McCheacran.

Kalou, just look around the forum I'm sure you'll find at least 10 threads on the topic....join the club.

I don't mean to be harsh, especially that you're new here...It's just that I don't agree.

Welcome to the forum.

The Kalou argument is an old one but I have to disagree about Mikel - although he does sometimes frustrate me. His discipline is the reason why other players are allowed to shine, as far as I'm concerned this team would be a lot more vulnerable defensively without him.

Mikel is our best passer

Ok, Mikel is a decent passer, but it's an overestimation saying he is our best passer. Most of his passes are sideways or low-risk short passes, he doesn't often attempt long-range passes. In terms of accuracy and vision I think Lampard and McEachran surpass him. I'm pretty sure Mata and Meireles won't disappoint either, with those 2 we have signed formidable passers and I think they are better than Mikel in that department.

And as for Mikel, words fail me. This guy was responsible for at least 30% of the goals we conceded last season,

and yet he still plays for us. I don't see why we can't but a decent DMC (since Essien is out), such as

Las Diarra or some other skilled butcher...

Thoughts?

I now think I've been hard on people who have criticized Mikel in the past.