Next summer we will see Andre stamp his mark on the team

Tomo

This summer there has been a few problems with Andre coming in and assesing everything and also lets not forget we have players on high wages that just want to see out their contract rather than move.

But after one full season incharge next summer will be the summer where we properly see the Andre mark in this team, its already showing signs already but hopefully sumeer 2012 is where we finally shake off the Mourinho ghost for good.

Anelka, Hilario, Ferreira and i think Kalou are on the last year off their contracts, they probally (aslong as keep them away from Gourlay's office ;) ) will be released next summer which will set up 4 free spaces for a over 21 foreign player, Maybe Malouda will leave next summer which will free up 5 spaces to make quality accusitions. Lets not forget hopefully Davilla, Van Aanholt and Kakuta will come back from their loan's better players aswell which will make us even stronger.

The summer after Lukaku, Romeu (if Barca don't come in), McEachran and co will be even more expierenced and intergrated and then Chalaboah amounst others will start seriously knocking on the door hence more slow evolution that Andre was going on about when he first came in.

Thing is when we had no manager and where getting linked with the likes of Van Basten i kind off accepted this would be a transition season and while it still might be in a way with Andre's record at Porto i still believe we can win things while slowly overhauling the side at the same time and signs so far are promising for the immediate and long term future of our club.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, I think FB made a post in the transfer section a while back about this as well. Next season will see the most transfer activity, because all of our old players will be leaving/benched. Anelka, Drogba, Kalou, Malouda, Ferreira, Essien, Alex will likely be leaving, Lampard and possibly A.Cole will be substitutes.

I just hope that Roman has a long term plan with Andre.

Will AVB still be around next summer though? :Goober:

Apparently he is safe regardless, he'll have to finish top 4 but other than that i think he will be ok, even tho given his Porto record im sure we will win atleast a trophy this season under him and challenge hard for the title if not win it.

I'm sure Boas has an insurance from the club that he won't be sacked, otherwise a 33 year old manager wouldn't have come here to ruin his reputation while he had a chance to stay in Porto and play in Champions League.

Tomo rightly brought out the fact that so many players are on their last year of contract (presumably anyway), meaning that we won't have to pay them any compensation. We keep them for a year, get the best out of them and see them off next summer. I can see busy year next summer.

Buying Lukaku, Romeu, Davila, Mata and even Meireles shows that he has long term plans. And don't forget Sturridge, who will be a starter this year hopefully.. McEachran as well if he can get more minutes here. Keep in mind McEachran is just 18! - in two-three years time he will still be very young player and seen as the future so let's give him time and he'll work magic for us. Great signings, great manager so far. Inserting his vision so quickly. Last game or two we've lacked finishing not chances, that's up to strikers and players in general to step up. With Mata and Meireles I really do think we're in a good shout to finish top3 and do nicely in FA cup and Carling cup. I personally am not expecting much from this season as it is a transitional season really. Support AVB and not be so negative always, he's been brilliant.

I think AVB has already started addressing the chinks in the squad by buying young quality players (should of been done before this season) I feel we will spend again in January & then add to the squad with a tweak next summer by which time I would expect some loan players to return to the fold with a years experience behind them.

That's what we thought about Carlo but it all went tits up.( thanks to the board)

But with AVB we see the board backing him and letting him do what he wants. If he can win the premier league back this year and bring out the best in Josh Ryan and Studge I'd say he did a darn good job.

I always feel the second yr is the most important one for a manager. First year not so difficult as players are self motivated under fresh management as everyone wants to show their potential to the new manager. The second year is much difficult as complacency sets in and players take things for granted. That is what happened with Carlo and he didnt change these players instead kept playing them.

Hopefully AVB doesn't repeat the mistakes committed by Carlo

This summer there has been a few problems with Andre coming in and assesing everything and also lets not forget we have players on high wages that just want to see out their contract rather than move.

But after one full season incharge next summer will be the summer where we properly see the Andre mark in this team, its already showing signs already but hopefully sumeer 2012 is where we finally shake off the Mourinho ghost for good.

Anelka, Hilario, Ferreira and i think Kalou are on the last year off their contracts, they probally (aslong as keep them away from Gourlay's office ;) ) will be released next summer which will set up 4 free spaces for a over 21 foreign player, Maybe Malouda will leave next summer which will free up 5 spaces to make quality accusitions. Lets not forget hopefully Davilla, Van Aanholt and Kakuta will come back from their loan's better players aswell which will make us even stronger.

The summer after Lukaku, Romeu (if Barca don't come in), McEachran and co will be even more expierenced and intergrated and then Chalaboah amounst others will start seriously knocking on the door hence more slow evolution that Andre was going on about when he first came in.

Thing is when we had no manager and where getting linked with the likes of Van Basten i kind off accepted this would be a transition season and while it still might be in a way with Andre's record at Porto i still believe we can win things while slowly overhauling the side at the same time and signs so far are promising for the immediate and long term future of our club.

Well one way to get ridt of old players is to bench them until there only remains dust and bones. It also depends on silverware, because if the closet is empty in 2012 i dont think Boas will remain our coach.

RA was a proponent of financial fair play. He would not support anything that would be detrimental to the success of the club. Also, I think there are enough loopholes in financial fair play that it will not be a hindrance to our objectives.