Deadline Day!

J.F.

agree.. the complaining irritates me. "We didn't sign anyone on deadline day" are you fucking kidding me?!?!?! we signed Hazard, Oscar, Marin, Moses, Azpilicueta in this transfer window and people still aren't happy? yes we shoulda tried for a proper CM but jesus...

yep. rome wasn't built in a day. if javi garcia is worth about 20mil, then the market is just not right on CM's. we will sign a CM though...eventually

moutinho maybe available next window now that he pissed on Tottenham's wounds

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that has been clearly shown this window is the ridiculous wages we're paying older members of the squad who are now not good enough. Benayoun on £90k pw??!! Essien and Malouda will be on similar wages. Its the reason we couldn't permanently sell any of them, let alone recoup some money.

Add to that Terry, Lampard and Cole are within our top five earners, all of who will be phased out over the next couple of years.

A big positive of our new transfer policy is most buys are promising talents but not yet fully established at the highest level. I'm pretty sure i've read that players like Marin, Moses and Azpi are on £40-50k pw. Its a good move to streamline our wages to a more manageable level over the next couple of years.

Don't quite know what to think about Spurs this window. They have signed some very good players, however have lost three first team starters in Modric, Van der Vaart and King. Dembele is a different sort of player to Modric, and Vertonghen and Sigurdsson will kick on and replace King and Van der Vaart eventually but I don't think they yet improve Spurs until they have settled and proven themselves.

Dempsey is a good player but I don't know where he will fit in at Spurs. Is he vying for one place against Sigurdsson behind the striker, because I wouldn't play him out wide over Lennon or Bale who offer a lot of threat out wide with their pace, it stretches a lot of teams.

Lloris will take a bit of time to settle but will certainly be a long term good buy.

I do however think they lack a genuine quality striker. They lacked one last season and haven't changed their front line. I also think that defence can be got at. Assou Ekotto and Walker are good attacking full backs but weak defensively, whilst Vertonghen showed against West Brom he'll take time to adjust. AVB seems to also prefer Gallas :blink:

They have also offloaded loads of squad players, which could stretch their squad later in the season.

Add to that a manager who IMO is overrated for obvious reasons, and has already pissed some players off by the looks of things and I cannot make a decision. I think we'll finish ahead of them but they may have brought enough quality in to make fourth.

I thought Swansea did quite well for themselves replacing the core players they had leave. Did it on a shoestring budget as well. Most impressive.

I feel Laudrup will take Swansea on to the next level. It is a little bit like when Gullit took over us. His name around Europe automatically gave us a stronger, more attractive image which allowed us to bring in Lebouef, Di Matteo, Vialli and Zola in 1996. The rest is history.

Michu and Pablo Hernandez are massive upgrades on what Swansea had. A lot of media thought they were relegation candidates this year, which shows how naive they are to the work Laudrup did in Spain with an unfancied Getafe.

Some think that FIFA 12 is equal to the real thing. The terms is "plastic".

I agree to an extent. I think plastic is maybe a bit harsh. As Chelsea supporters in the "Roman Empire", many have been spoiled by seemingly endless outlays of cash for players over time. They expect change to come overnight. I'll admit that I'm not pleased about having some glaring holes in our CM and being thin at striker, but overall it was quite a good window.

agree.. the complaining irritates me. "We didn't sign anyone on deadline day" are you fucking kidding me?!?!?! we signed Hazard, Oscar, Marin, Moses, Azpilicueta in this transfer window and people still aren't happy? yes we shoulda tried for a proper CM but jesus...

The Problem with this player that except Hazard no one is world class. we really need new CM and a striker ( at least back-up).

To expect every position be filled by a superstar is a plastic state-of-mind. Chelsea is Chelsea no matter who comes in or out.

Most don't realise that. This has been one of our most successful windows ever, but that won't change the plastics' mind. I agree with you 100%!

I'm annoyed we didn't get a back-up proven striker on the cheap.

Plus point Danny didn't go to Scouse!

I am annoyed with the team selection!

Ramires needs to be dropped until he finds some form.

Ivan just doesn't have the pace!

Moses + Cesar have pace, they would have been better options IMHO.

I know it's not FM or FIFA but it would have given us a chance.

Also after Raul + Mikel looked promising in last match, why not keep them in the team?

Lampard has no legs anymore - really sad but true - we can only afford to use him against weaker opponents.

Like I said, hope RDM wakes up and smells the coffee now , the team he picked just wasn't good enough!

My 2 cents...

Like I said, hope RDM wakes up and smells the coffee now , the team he picked just wasn't good enough!

I wouldn't necessarily say the team that RDM picked was wrong. It's just that the team's application from every single player was missing.

So this is pretty much what Robbie planned.

GK: Cech, Turnbull, Hilario

RB: Ivanovic, Azpilicueta

CB: Terry, Cahill, Luiz

LB: Cole, Bertrand

DM: Mikel, Lampard, Romeu, Meireles

AM: Oscar, Hazard

AML: Mata, Marin

AMR: Moses, Ramires

ST: Torres, Sturridge

It shows that we have 2 players for every position out there except for the CB position where we can deploy Ivanovic and where we rarely change anyway. It's a pretty decent squad but defensive midfield worries me a bit, since it's basically made of 2 central midfielders forced to play there, 1 young player and Mikel.

Our attacking midfielders are best in the league which should ease of the pressure on our 2 strikers. Perhaps it's a good move from RDM to keep faith in Torres and Sturridge. If we brought a new striker in they wouldn't be the happiest in the world. Let's see how they do, and if they missfire we always have January.

I would also expect us to bring a new DM at the end of the season since Lamps will be 35 and we will probably sell Meireles. Josh will be back from loan also.

So all in all 83m spent. That's really a lot. Let's forget yesterday's game, rest ourselves and continue our season.

So this is pretty much what Robbie planned.

GK: Cech, Turnbull, Hilario

RB: Ivanovic, Azpilicueta

CB: Terry, Cahill, Luiz

LB: Cole, Bertrand

DM: Mikel, Lampard, Romeu, Meireles

AM: Oscar, Hazard

AML: Mata, Marin

AMR: Moses, Ramires

ST: Torres, Sturridge

It shows that we have 2 players for every position out there except for the CB position where we can deploy Ivanovic and where we rarely change anyway. It's a pretty decent squad but defensive midfield worries me a bit, since it's basically made of 2 central midfielders forced to play there, 1 young player and Mikel.

Our attacking midfielders are best in the league which should ease of the pressure on our 2 strikers. Perhaps it's a good move from RDM to keep faith in Torres and Sturridge. If we brought a new striker in they wouldn't be the happiest in the world. Let's see how they do, and if they missfire we always have January.

I would also expect us to bring a new DM at the end of the season since Lamps will be 35 and we will probably sell Meireles. Josh will be back from loan also.

So all in all 83m spent. That's really a lot. Let's forget yesterday's game, rest ourselves and continue our season.

Regarding the ST, heard that we can recall Lukaku back in January, if needed on Twitter. Not sure how true though.

<p>

<br />

The Problem with this player that except Hazard no one is world class. we really need new CM and a striker ( at least back-up).<br />

Take a look at City last season though - arguably their only 'world class' players were Aguero, Silva (for first half of season) and possibly Kompany. They did alright though. You don't need a team full of superstars.

yep. rome wasn't built in a day. if javi garcia is worth about 20mil, then the market is just not right on CM's. we will sign a CM though...eventually

moutinho maybe available next window now that he pissed on Tottenham's wounds

Agree mate. I think we've done really well this transfer window.

And people should remember how shit our squad was last season. Everyone thinks because we won the champions league and FA cup our squad wasn't that bad, but it was. We won those cups purely out of determination, etc etc. we had a good first XI which got us through the two competitions. When we rotated in the prem we did pretty badly which showed that the replacements were simply not good enough.

So seriously everyone needs to lower their expectations. We replaced a lot of shit/past it players like Kalou, Bosingwa, Anelka, Malouda (to an extent even though he's still here), Essien. All our replacements are young and inexperienced so there are definitely going to be a lot of hiccups along the way.

Just keep the faith ffs. Think about where we'd be now if we hadn't won in Munich! You think any of those players would have joined us?!

And Mancini later reveals his true evil colors. He looked very nonchalant when other clubs were busy buying players. And now when everyone's done buying he snaps up Maicon and Garcia! Who knew this gay c*nt would turn out to be such a big A-hole? :rant:

Its very important that we good all those players, but personaly I would traade Oscar for Witsel one month ago. But he is now blue, so...

Anyway next year, i hope we get CB (with good defensive abilities), CM/DM and striker. Thats all. And they all should be class players, ready for first team. :ninja: