Deadline Day!

J.F.

lol You obviously didn't see him ripping the Serie A last season whenever he was on the pitch. There is no such thing as too old for Del Piero, he is immortal!

He played 28 times and scored 5 goals, how is that ripping the Serie A? lol.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He played 28 times and scored 5 goals, how is that ripping the Serie A? lol.

Because whenever he was on the pitch he made things happen. If not by scoring himself or assisting, then by taking on 2 or 3 defenders and beating them or sending in perfect crosses or long passes. That number is extremely distorted since all of his appearances, as far as I remember, in the league were from the bench, often for mere 5 mins.

He was by far Juve's best forward despite not getting chances by Conte.

If Torres broke his legs, and Sturridge wont deliver (which I think he would tho) we can use Piazon rather than buying a 3rd striker to have on the bench.

With all the competitions we're going for i just worry that we're hedging our entire bets on an inexperienced forward line without Torres.

Neither Sturridge and Moses have cut their teeth as a lone forward at the top level yet.

And note that Torres has been injury free since joining Chelsea because he hasn't played every game. His injury problems occured when Liverpool burnt him out and i worry the same thing could happen with us if we over-rely on him.

City have spared all their buys for today, sinclair, javi garcia are the first of the announced 5. De jong meanwhile goes to milan (is javi garcia indeed better?)

--

Btw do we really need to make space in our squad? We got 28 players, 3 of those are under 21

Because whenever he was on the pitch he made things happen. If not by scoring himself or assisting, then by taking on 2 or 3 defenders and beating them or sending in perfect crosses or long passes. That number is extremely distorted since all of his appearances, as far as I remember, in the league were from the bench, often for mere 5 mins.

He was by far Juve's best forward despite not getting chances by Conte.

Fair enough, i don't watch Juve a lot - but i do believe it's possible for a player to have a big impact even without having great stats.