Lukaku Debut

22mek22

Why different?

Kakuta was suppose to be our next messi. Or as label the Black Zidane!

Now this guy the next Drogba?

Please, people over hype a player too much!

Kakuta won't ever cut it in this league because he is over-elaborate with his ridiculous show-boating.

Lukaku does the simple things but with an elegance and grace that belies his strength, size and power. His combination of pace, trickery and strength will see him establish himself as a Chelsea first team player whilst Kakuta will endure torrid loan spell after torrid loan spell until he is eventually shipped off to Hamburg.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lukaku did play simple, he held it up laid it off then got into the box, that is what we wanted to see from him. If we can get midfielders running off him then i think it will be explosive, Ramires is perfect for that role as he causes problems with his pace.

Kakuta won't ever cut it in this league because he is over-elaborate with his ridiculous show-boating.

Lukaku does the simple things but with an elegance and grace that belies his strength, size and power. His combination of pace, trickery and strength will see him establish himself as a Chelsea first team player whilst Kakuta will endure torrid loan spell after torrid loan spell until he is eventually shipped off to Hamburg.

your comment about Kakuta is very sad ... but even worse it could be true

I thought this was a thread dedicated to Lukaku's performance, but clearly I was wrong, reading the first few pages :doh:

Anyway, Lukaku had an impressive outing in those 19mintues. What I like, is he wants the ball to feet. This automatically nullifies the theory we'll be playing the same "hoof it up and hope for the best" tactics we were dreading when we first heard Lukaku's name. It's clear he likes to run with the ball, and actually play football instead of just out-muscling a defender and hoping for the best.

He does need to work on his reflexes and dribbling, but that will all come in time. He is 18 so we've got more than enough time to see him develop into a world-class striker. He's got real passion and drive right now, he wants the ball and he wants to play for the team. I think he's more than happy to come off the bench this season, he realises there's quite a huge pecking order for the forwards role, but he's sent out a message to AVB that he is ready to step up if called upon.

Good signs, for now.

He did really well. Full of power and goal instinct ( Matas goal showed his instinct to be at the right place at the right time). He will not be Drogba, but a

fantastic Lukaku, so sure this kid will rock this club.