Juan Mata

Severinb

If it nearly equalled, it must have been 40+ km in 90 minutes. The world record for the marathon is 2 hours, 3 minutes.

Unless Juan is hiding some East African heritage and happens to be the greatest runner of all time, its impossible.

LOL - yeah perhaps a ha;f marathon :)

He does work hard though - and that's often hard to see 'Off-Camera' - but no denying the boy puts in a 'shift' - but to be fair, all of our players do (except Malouda IMHO) - that's what, as a Fan, I enjoy most - if you give 100% and still get beaten, I'm cool with it (I'm not happy to lose, but I respect people for trying their hardest)....

He does work hard though - and that's often hard to see 'Off-Camera' - but no denying the boy puts in a 'shift' - but to be fair, all of our players do (except Malouda IMHO) - that's what, as a Fan, I enjoy most - if you give 100% and still get beaten, I'm cool with it (I'm not happy to lose, but I respect people for trying their hardest)....

Now, that's an attitude :D

Yes, Mata is a very hard worker. And that's great, work rate is one of the most valuable assets to a player imo. But perhaps he can take it down a notch to keep himself fresh for the latter part of the season.

Now, that's an attitude :D

Yes, Mata is a very hard worker. And that's great, work rate is one of the most valuable assets to a player imo. But perhaps he can take it down a notch to keep himself fresh for the latter part of the season.

Yup - that's why I'm glad we're going for 'depth' this year - I know everybody is saying we have too many players, but injuries/tiredness etc can derail a side - we need plenty of depth and that will allow Mata to make a pivotal impact in the big games. Too many times last year ALL of the pressure was on him to perform game in / game out - even in some FA Cup / Carling Cup matches (where we should do what Arsenal do and bleed the youngsters).

I think he performed really well - but might need a bit of 'cotton wool' treatment this season - as he's had the Euro's and not as much rest.

I'm sure RDM and the physio guys know how to keep him at his peak - although, if I was a CFC player - I would definitely be 'injured' a lot with Eva around :D :D - i mean 50 groin strains in a season is possible, hell even checking her out gives me a groin strain :D

Yup - that's why I'm glad we're going for 'depth' this year - I know everybody is saying we have too many players, but injuries/tiredness etc can derail a side - we need plenty of depth and that will allow Mata to make a pivotal impact in the big games. Too many times last year ALL of the pressure was on him to perform game in / game out - even in some FA Cup / Carling Cup matches (where we should do what Arsenal do and bleed the youngsters).

I think he performed really well - but might need a bit of 'cotton wool' treatment this season - as he's had the Euro's and not as much rest.

I'm sure RDM and the physio guys know how to keep him at his peak - although, if I was a CFC player - I would definitely be 'injured' a lot with Eva around :D :D - i mean 50 groin strains in a season is possible, hell even checking her out gives me a groin strain :D

Your doing it wrong... :)

like how shy he is in front of the camera. Has a lovely sister too. Gigi is about 4 times as big as him

Pffffttt Playa please.. I would like to see any other player try and play as many games as Mata did in their first season and have as big as impact as he did in the English Premier League. How could you possibly say that ''there's no way he'll become a Silva'' when Silva's legs went missing in the latter stages of the season just like Mata after he had been run into the ground having to play practically every game for City. He might not have the pace but he doesn't need it with his vision and composure, It is utterly preposterous to degrade Mata's contribution to last season because he didn't turn up against Barcelona in which we basically parked a jumbo jet in front of the goal and scored on lucky counters which of course everybody knows Mata isn't exactly a defensive player. Considering Juan Mata assisted 13 English Premier League goals in a more defensive minded team compared to Silva's 15 playing in a free flowing attack minded City i really can't see where you get your logic from!

Im afraid your gettin me wrong. I never bemoaned Mata's creativity, class or genereal contribution (such as stats), only stated that in terms of playin style he is not exactly like Silva or Iniesta because he lacks their pace, esp their acceleration. usually I have to ask non-Chelsea-fans why they call us "defensive-minded",. have u ever seen us go out as parking a jumbo jet in front of goal against teams as wigan, swansea, aston villa etc. no. Unfortunately 75% of our opponents are teams like those. Calling us defensive minded because of 3 games defies any logic.

Also I dont get why being not good in defense is an excuse at all. performances in big games are a major part of player ratings (for me at least). But i dont really care which way you turn up to help your eam. Drogba played leftback most of his tim vs barca and even though he did not produce anything countable in the away game he put in a great shift. Mata might have worked hard but his contribution was nowhere that. even Bosingwa, who is in fact not the best defender did superb vs barca. Anyone who wants to be a world class player has to turn up in those kind of games, no matter if your "no defensive player". What do you expect from a big game, that is made to suit u? Because your "no defensive player" u have an excuse to not contribute? Because your "no defensive player" u are entiteld to squander the few chances u get and be bullied of the ball in any occasio?

No doubt, Mata has been great throughout the season, But against Barca and Bayern Mata may have worked hard but Cech, Cole, Lamps, Drogs were simply different class. thats what world class players do, they turn up in the big games, when it matters the most, no matter whether the odds are against u and the game does not suit u. Thats why Mata might be a great footballer but he is no lamps or drogs. Without Mata we would not have been even 6th in the league maybe or would not have won the FA cup, but the old guard were the only ones to win us the CL.

nice how shy he is in front of the camera. Has a lovely sister too.

Im afraid your gettin me wrong. I never bemoaned Mata's creativity, class or genereal contribution (such as stats), only stated that in terms of playin style he is not exactly like Silva or Iniesta because he lacks their pace, esp their acceleration. usually I have to ask non-Chelsea-fans why they call us "defensive-minded",. have u ever seen us go out as parking a jumbo jet in front of goal against teams as wigan, swansea, aston villa etc. no. Unfortunately 75% of our opponents are teams like those. Calling us defensive minded because of 3 games defies any logic.

Also I dont get why being not good in defense is an excuse at all. performances in big games are a major part of player ratings (for me at least). But i dont really care which way you turn up to help your eam. Drogba played leftback most of his tim vs barca and even though he did not produce anything countable in the away game he put in a great shift. Mata might have worked hard but his contribution was nowhere that. even Bosingwa, who is in fact not the best defender did superb vs barca. Anyone who wants to be a world class player has to turn up in those kind of games, no matter if your "no defensive player". What do you expect from a big game, that is made to suit u? Because your "no defensive player" u have an excuse to not contribute? Because your "no defensive player" u are entiteld to squander the few chances u get and be bullied of the ball in any occasio?

No doubt, Mata has been great throughout the season, But against Barca and Bayern Mata may have worked hard but Cech, Cole, Lamps, Drogs were simply different class. thats what world class players do, they turn up in the big games, when it matters the most, no matter whether the odds are against u and the game does not suit u. Thats why Mata might be a great footballer but he is no lamps or drogs. Without Mata we would not have been even 6th in the league maybe or would not have won the FA cup, but the old guard were the only ones to win us the CL.

I'll be the first to admit when i may have forgotten something and i definitely forgot to mention how most teams we played against int he league last year parked the bus in front of us but I honestly think the way you are saying Mata isn't the same class as Lampard and Drog's is fucking ridiculous. It was his first season at Chelsea and if he didn't do enough for you then you are living in fantasy land. It took Lampard and Drogba a feew seasons themselves before they started showing their class in the big games you can't expect every player to just turn up against Barcelona or Bayern in their first season and tear them apart. It is actually soo disrespectful to just put Mata's work from last season down like you have and he will influence big games, he even did it last year with one game springing to mind, Arsenal!

No. You are so much wrong in one thing. The most important thing in big BIG games after your class is EXPERIENCE. And you can't tell Mata's experienced, unlike Cech, Cole, Lamps, Drogba etc.

The games against Barca and Bayern clearly didn´t fit his style. He just isn´t a warrior type of player like Cech, Cole etc.. Physicially he´s just been struggeling and with Chelsea sitting back and waiting for the counter attack, Mata is redundant because he obviously struggles with that type of game. He isn´t inexperienced.

Don't fit his style, not experienced enough....I don't care for the excuses. the mere fact that you have to defend him with excuses is because he is simply not as good (yet) as he is hyped to be in this forum, that was the only thing i wannted to point out, thank you for substantiating it.

Don't fit his style, not experienced enough....I don't care for the excuses. the mere fact that you have to defend him with excuses is because he is simply not as good (yet) as he is hyped to be in this forum, that was the only thing i wannted to point out, thank you for substantiating it.

The reason why he is hyped up is because he is our best player; and the only shining light in what was a season of darkness in 2011/12. Forget the trophy wins for just a second - we were God awful last term. Mata was the exception.

The reason why he is hyped up is because he is our best player; and the only shining light in what was a season of darkness in 2011/12. Forget the trophy wins for just a second - we were God awful last term. Mata was the exception.

couldnt agree more with you

mata was stunning last season

perhaps we should send him out on loan to get experience... where would you suggest???

perhaps we should send him out on loan to gain experience ....where would you suggest???