Juan Mata

Severinb

So, that makes it 4 players then going to the Olympics. Who's next?! :doh:

5 confirmed so far mate - mata, romeu, luiz, bertrand and sturridge.

Spain need to trim their squad from 22 to 18 so romeu may get cut (mata won't)

5 confirmed so far mate - mata, romeu, luiz, bertrand and sturridge.

Spain need to trim their squad from 22 to 18 so romeu may get cut (mata won't)

Oh right. Forgot about Luiz. IF we sign Hulk, then that would increase to 6! :doh:

And do think Romeu will make the final cut.

Oh right. Forgot about Luiz. IF we sign Hulk, then that would increase to 6! :doh:

And do think Romeu will make the final cut.

Yeah agree with Konoha - out of all of them Romeu would be the least likely to miss and for someone so young it will be a good experience for him. I'm more miffed about Luiz and Matabut there is nothing we can do.

If Mata needs a couple of games to be eased back after the olympics at least it may give Hazard a couple of games in the centre to see how he performs and also maybe an early chance for Marin.

They are best friends, so it's not a shock. Even without those words you could clearly see that Torres was frustrated with his team-mates. Look at their game after he came on. He was making those runs, finding spaces and all they did was passing the fucking ball sideways.

They are best friends, so it's not a shock. Even without those words you could clearly see that Torres was frustrated with his team-mates. Look at their game after he came on. He was making those runs, finding spaces and all they did was passing the fucking ball sideways.

Yea mate i was nearly as frustrated as Torres was when everytime he made an interesting run Iniesta or Xavi would swivel and go back or sideways. Mata comes on around the 86th minute mark and straight away they combine to score. There was a proud feeling of 'Yeah that's our boys, the Champions of Europe' who just owned Italy there! :blue scalf:

His first season in the PL and he has out-performed Silva, plus the fact he is younger than Silva as well! Amazing player!!!

I think Silva's general build up play etc was stronger certainly in the first half of last season. However Mata perforned really well in a struggling side - i dread to think how worse off we would have been without him.

Also his first season wss much stronger than silva's first season in the prem.

For me, as the play improves and the calibre of player around him gets better he will only go from strength to strength in his Chelsea career.

Mata for me is a better player then Silva. His dribbling is better, he can cross, score, take corners and send nice passes. What can Silva do? Shoot like a 5 year old (talking about power, not accuracy :rolleyes: )and send amazing through balls. I remember Silva's 1st season at City. He failed to make an impact as big as he made in his 2nd one. I expect Mata to do the same now after going through the transitional 1st season and getting used to everything.

Mata for me is a better player then Silva. His dribbling is better, he can cross, score, take corners and send nice passes. What can Silva do? Shoot like a 5 year old (talking about power, not accuracy :rolleyes: )and send amazing through balls. I remember Silva's 1st season at City. He failed to make an impact as big as he made in his 2nd one. I expect Mata to do the same now after going through the transitional 1st season and getting used to everything.

Yes, but lets not forget that Silva has a lot of pace over Mata. I expect/hope Mata to surpass Silva in the future, but as it stands, Silva just has much more experience.

There's no need to 'hope''. Any logical person can see the facts and statistics point to the fact Mata WILL become the better player very soon, if he isn't already. Mata's first year in the EPL was far better than Silva's. He has been playing in a weaker side and with better players around him he will surpass Silva. He is also younger. Imagine how good he will be at Silva's age.

There's no need to 'hope''. Any logical person can see the facts and statistics point to the fact Mata WILL become the better player very soon, if he isn't already. Mata's first year in the EPL was far better than Silva's. He has been playing in a weaker side and with better players around him he will surpass Silva. He is also younger. Imagine how good he will be at Silva's age.

Three years ago, Essien was expected to be the best midfielder in the world for quite some time. The hope part was that he stays away from injury, because if he can I am confident that he will surpass Silva (which is why I said "expect/hope" )