Official: Zhirkov Joins Anzhi Makhachkala

£13.2m? About a £5m loss then. Not bad considering he's hardly played.

No, If I'm right I remember that it was 13m plus 5 or 6m of add-ons for a total of 20m... So I think that some of add ons were about the team performance & achievements, but some others certainly were about number of games played. All targets were not all completed so some of the add ons were not paid

I'm a little bit disappointed, it's like if Yuri's decision was taken for a while... I find that unfortunate because I think he could have pushed more, with a little bit more of character even if his 2 years were difficult ; I think he could really have break through this season

My wallpaper is his first goal in the USA, I'm so sad to fell like if it was yesterday and that all this promises did never really long...

So I wish you the best Yuri, I think you could have done much more than the little tip of the iceberg you just showed us, it's a shame so many factors did slow down your progression...

Thank you for the what you did at Chelsea, how the fuck will we get penaltys now ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anelka!

Even Kalou... He is a nice guy, he scored important goals but I don't want neither to let him free next summer whereas we could have found a sucker club (no better equivalent to "pigeon") to get a little 10m ; nor that the club sign him another 4 years only for his charming smile...

Gave us a few great memories and had potential but shame about the injuries. Although he never looked very thrilled at being here but that might just be his general style. I knew that whole 30m thing was too good to be true but still it's good to see us making some decent money for once.

He was unfortunate enough to be stuck on the bench with Cole and Malouda in such great form in 09/10. However, I always thought he looked solid and he put in some brilliant performances, particularly at Old Trafford and against Bolton in April 2010. And that screamer against Spartak... wow!

Thanks for everything Yury, genuinely gutted it never worked out for him. He was struck by bad luck time and time again, particularly with niggling knee injuries! His ability to play just about anywhere really impressed me, but it is best for the player to move on and I'll be happy in the knowledge he'll star for Anzhi.

an extremely poor decision to let yuri go... i know he never got goin but still his ability was never in doubt... his fearless performance against bolton with a head injury and his screamer against spartak were just awesome... but i still this was a vdry bad move from our side... wat if there is a repeat of 09/10 season and ashley gets injured with champions league quarter or semis in comin... who ll play as a left back then...

i hope the best for yuri...

I am really sorry this transfer never worked, neither for him nor for us. I really could see him owning opponent's defences as he is extremely skillful and agile. I wish him only the best in his new club.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, you can not even imagine how fans greeted Zhirkov in Moscow. Before the match Russia - Serbia burned his shirt, while playing Advocaat was forced to replace it prematurely. The reasons for this behavior can read these links. It should be understood that if he went to the enemies of CSKA(former club) in Spartak or Zenit, then such a reaction would not be.

An article about Zhirkov

http://morussia.blogspot.com/2011/08/artiom-rudnev-not-zhirkov.html

But first read the articles about his new club Anji, to betterunderstand the situation in the Russian football and society

http://morussia.blogspot.com/2011/07/islamic-terrorism-in-kavkaz-clubs.html

and

http://morussia.blogspot.com/2011/06/anzhi-breaks-records-at-fixed-matches.html

I'm shocked! Why leave England?