Malaysia XI 0-1 Chelsea

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good match, they're expecting over 100 000

well from Malaysian humble perspective, to get a full house is hardly possible. the fan base here had strong influence towards MU and Liverpool. only recently Chelsea fans begin to bloom. having said that, do expect a strong crowd this Thursday. 50-60k seems much realistic. it will be my 2nd time here watching Chelsea live. Looking forward for a great match. blue%20scalf.gif

What a shit time for a match. Thursday early afternoon? Fuck sake i'll be at work so have no hope of even nearly catching it. I'll catch the highlights at like 8pm.....

Should win comfortably but you never know. Just hoping we play some good football and put on a show. 4-2

What absolute nonsense from the dailyfail, supposedly Malaysia beat us in 2008. If I remember correctly we won 2-0 with nico and ash scoring. The rest of the article seems on point though.

On tour with Chelsea... Take That Terry! Malaysia remember famous win over Blues

By MATT BARLOW

Last updated at 10:48 AM on 20th July 2011

The Malaysians are getting accustomed to star names flooding through the airport at Kuala Lumpur.

Arsene Wenger and Arsenal followed by Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool. This week it's Chelsea and new manager Andre Villas Boas.

Perhaps this was the reason for my own interrogation at passport control.

'Are you related to Gary Barlow?' I had to admit I wasn't, fearing the customs officer was about to say: 'Well, you can't come in then.'

article-2016738-021B7B7400000578-475_634x395.jpgMemories: Hairuddin Omar (left) enjoyed playing against Chelsea in the summer of 2008

Chelsea are back in Kuala Lumpur. They were here three years ago, and the Malaysian papers have stirring memories of a famous home win, with striker Hairuddin Omar recounting his goal in the way Ronnie Radford must, every time there's an FA Cup giant-killing in the air.

Hairuddin said: 'Rosadi Talib sent a corner kick straight into the six-yard box and I jumped above John Terry to head it past the goalkeeper. It was one of the most memorable occasions of my career but I doubt John Terry will remember my face, let alone my name.'

Coach Ong Keim Swee will select a makeshift team from players in the Malaysia Super League to play Chelsea under an All Stars banner but Malaysia's national team are busy preparing for a World Cup qualifier in Singapore on Saturday.

article-2016738-0D12872400000578-50_634x347.jpgLeading by example: Chelsea skipper John Terry takes the ball for a run in training

It will be a weaker team than faced Liverpool and Arsenal and no-one holds out much hope in the World Cup campaign either.

'We never qualify, it will be Japan and South Korea,' said a taxi driver, that trusty barometer for public opinion.

Still, World Cup fever, eh? The draw is made in Rio at the end of this month but these countries are contesting a play-off to get into the draw.

Chelsea have been busy since their arrival on Monday with signing session, meet-and-greets and a public training in the national stadium which attracted about 15,000 supporters, fewer than Liverpool for those counting, but the hysteria was high.

article-2016738-0D14D6F000000578-664_634x547.jpgFamous five: (from left) Nicolas Anelka, Daniel Sturridge, Patrick Van Aanholt, Ashley Cole and Salomon Kalou

Andre Villas Boas has been putting them through two sessions a day, one early in the morning before the heat and humidity rises, and one in the evening, when it starts to cool slightly.

It is hot work for Chelsea mascot Stamford the Lion too and the costume goes in for daily cleaning at the team hotel. Shirts, shorts, pants, lion suit.

On Wednesday, five players – Ashley Cole, Nicolas Anelka, Salomon Kalou, Daniel Sturridge and Patrick van Aanholt – visited a community project on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur, an artificial pitch funded by the club.

article-2016738-0D14D34600000578-395_634x525.jpgWatch and learn: Cole (left) and Van Aanholt give the kids at the community project a few tips

The Barclays Premier League is huge out here, they would devour the 39th Game idea were it to return the agenda.

According to the locals, Manchester United and Liverpool are the most popular English teams, followed by Arsenal and Chelsea.

Keeping up with developments on the other side of the world cannot be easy. One magazine advert for last week's Arsenal game featured William Gallas in an Arsenal kit, before his move to Tottenham.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2016738/On-tour-Chelsea-Malaysia-remembers-famous-win-Blues.html#ixzz1Sg3HE2zn

Ta dvoboj smo nazadnje lahko videli pred tremi leti, prav tako v Kuala Lumpurju, ko je Chelsea slavil z 2:0.

Last time we saw this match was 3 years ago, in Kuala Lumpur, with Chelsea winning 2-0.

Even Slovenia know it. :D