Diego Godin

Sheva.

Guest justin_3d

yep if we really felt the need for another center defender i too would prefer Cahill

Cost too much money. He is overvalued just cause he is English.

So i prefer Godin better then English guy cause they are better and cost less.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

ow yer and what about Jef Bruma ? if Godin comes were will he fit in ? ile tell you were, Hamburgs back four .

Well he will go on loan for about a year or two.

Makes sense, to see how he does. If he does good enough for us we will get him, otherwise sell him to Hamburg.

Well he will go on loan for about a year or two.

Makes sense, to see how he does. If he does good enough for us we will get him, otherwise sell him to Hamburg.

What so we buy Godin , loan Bruma out and then bring him back when Godin is about 27 and probably a established member of the team ? There is just no need for any more center backs. Alex , Terry and Luiz are three of the best in the World , Ivanovic can fit in there if required and Bruma is a great young youth prospect. He may will be a fantastic Center back and obviously if he fits in well at Chelsea he would be viewed as a good sighing , but hes hardly 18,19 or 20 with time to develop or give 10 years service to the club , hes 25 .

Guest justin_3d

What so we buy Godin , loan Bruma out and then bring him back when Godin is about 27 and probably a established member of the team ? There is just no need for any more center backs. Alex , Terry and Luiz are three of the best in the World , Ivanovic can fit in there if required and Bruma is a great young youth prospect. He may will be a fantastic Center back and obviously if he fits in well at Chelsea he would be viewed as a good sighing , but hes hardly 18,19 or 20 with time to develop or give 10 years service to the club , hes 25 .

And you obviously did not read what i just posted????

Cause i clearly said we might be getting Godin as a card to have due to Terry continue injury problem.

And that we might try to put David Luiz as a DM, hence making a new CB needed.

And you obviously did not read what i just posted????

Cause i clearly said we might be getting Godin as a card to have due to Terry continue injury problem.

And that we might try to put David Luiz as a DM, hence making a new CB needed.

i fully understand your post . we cannot buy a new center back on the assumption David Luiz may be trialed as a defensive middfielder and Even if he made this his new permanent position we would still be left with two top central defenders of Alex and Bruma . And in the unlikely event of John becoming injured for a long period of time Luiz could comfortably come back into Central defense .

Guest justin_3d

i fully understand your post . we cannot buy a new center back on the assumption David Luiz may be trialed as a defensive middfielder and Even if he made this his new permanent position we would still be left with two top central defenders of Alex and Bruma . And in the unlikely event of John becoming injured for a long period of time Luiz could comfortably come back into Central defense .

Bruma is getting loaned out, simple as that.

So take him out of the equation.

Leaving us only with Alex and Terry as CB. We will need another one, cause Ivan will have to play RB if we don't get a new RB.

And with David Luiz moving to DM, a new CB would make sense.

However, as i noted, our main problem are wingers and creative midfield. So far i don't see no addressing that.

Bruma is getting loaned out, simple as that.

So take him out of the equation.

Leaving us only with Alex and Terry as CB. We will need another one, if we don't get a new RB, cause Ivan will have to play RB.

And with David Luiz moving to DM, a new CB would make sense.

However, as i noted, our main problem are wingers and creative midfield. So far i don't see no addressing that.

i agree that we should be focusing on a top class creative winger , we will have to agree to disagree on the Center back point . smile.gif

He'd make a good back up signing if we're going to loan out Bruma. He's 25 and has European experience.

He would, but he won't come unless we can guarantee him a place in the starting 11 or to be the 1st sub for a CB position...

Can understand the logic behind a CB. Terry is only going to get worse. Luiz is still a child in this league. Alex has frequent injury problems and his future is uncertain. Ivan is being looked upon solely as a RB. But shouldn't we just give Bruma that squad place instead of spunking another 15 million on this guy? Esp with his compatriot all set to take charge.

He would, but he won't come unless we can guarantee him a place in the starting 11 or to be the 1st sub for a CB position...

We'll he's already said Chelsea is a step up from Athletico so I don't think he'd mind either way ;)

PLEASE dont sign any more defenders........we dont need any............we have plenty of defenders (young n experienced both)...................use those 15 ml to land a playmaker.........

• 3 months later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You