Diego Godin

Sheva.

Chelsea have made a new bid to sign £15million-rated defender Diego Godin from Atletico Madrid.

The Blues first made an approach for the Uruguayan centre-half in January, fearing they would be priced out of a move for Benfica's David Luiz.

But having successfully snapped up Brazilian Luiz, Chelsea are now back in the market for 25-year-old Godin.

The World Cup star said last night: "In January, Atletico received an offer but the transfer did not happen.

"They had already sold other players and did not want to weaken the team further then.

"For Chelsea to still be interested in having me is an honour and means I must be playing well.

"Who would not want to play there? To do so would be a step up."

source

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullshit. We don't need another CB. I can't see Roman being interested in this guy.

Bullshit. We don't need another CB. I can't see Roman being interested in this guy.

Did we actually make a bid?

According to that yeah, but as of right now, they're the only site reporting it... so im not really sure.

Exactly, especially one that costs 15m.

Guest justin_3d

Does not makes sense this deal.

But if it happens, will support the player.

Guest justin_3d

Even so we dont need another center back we've got alex john or ivanovic if we choose to play him in the center back position

Or Terry injury problems keep creeping up, and just want an insurance?

Either way, it might be prudent if that's the case, and Chelsea is going go try something different with David Luiz.

I would have loved Phil Jones better, but if we can get him for cheaper, i won't complaint. He is a very good defender as well.

P.S. Mind you that Ivan continues doing the role of a RB, so i would rule him out for CB at the moment if we don't get a new RB. As Ivan will be number one for that position.

Or Terry injury problems keep creeping up, and just want an insurance?

Either way, it might be prudent if that's the case, and Chelsea is going go try something different with David Luiz.

I would have loved Phil Jones better, but if we can get him for cheaper, i won't complaint. He is a very good defender as well.

P.S. Mind you that Ivan continues doing the role of a RB, so i would rule him out for CB at the moment if we don't get a new RB. As Ivan will be number one for that position.

spot on mate. imho Terry is too old and injury prone to play every game next season. This is the time to start looking for a capable defender to gradually fill his boots.

really dont really want another defender, if we did get another i would prefer cahil, however would love to see luiz as DM :D plus it would make the essien-sneijder swap easier to handle

Guest justin_3d

really dont really want another defender, if we did get another i would prefer cahil, however would love to see luiz as DM :D plus it would make the essien-sneijder swap easier to handle

I think David Luiz for DM would be the best solution.

Because he has too much skill to be CB.

Best to get Godin if that's the case.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You