The best team never to win the CL?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be alone in this but Santiago Canizares is IMHO the best keeper i have seen (im 21), some of the stuff he pulled off was insane, i remember a crazy save from Gerrard then one from Ballack against us.

Remember Essiens winner in that 2007 quarter final, big mistake from him being beaten at the near post. He's Reina like, amazing shot stopper but made the maddest one-off errors. I liked him tho, must admit even tho he looked about 60 years old with his grey hair.

i feel we could of won it in 2003-2004, we had such easy oposition to play against in the semi-final and final, compared to these last years: Monaco and Porto.

Everyone hates to say it but it's kind of surprising the Arsenal ' Invincibles' didn't win the Champions League.

After knocking out Arsenal's 'invincables' we should've really won it but so many teams could say that in the 03/04 campaign. Monaco shouldn't have knocked us and Real Madrid out, Porto shouldn't have knocked Man Utd and Deportivo out and we shouldn't have knocked Arsenal out really. If Arsenal had beaten us, they would've won it without doubt. Arsenal's 200-2004 team were one of the best teams not to win it but that's what makes our 2004 triumph great. It didn't matter to us in the end but we stopped them from winning it. Shoulda been an Arsenal - Real Madrid final on paper.

The hardest thing to do is to win it a first time.

Hopefully many more to come now the monkey is off our back and we got that elusive one in the trophy room. So glad we have it on our honours list, were the first London team to win it and completely fucked Tottenham over in the process. Also the fact that JT, Lamps, Cole, Cech and Drogs won it on their last chance, destiny. I wouldn't have ever got it out my mind if those guys never lifted the UCL trophy with us, woulda stuck deep in me forever. Massive moment when Drogs put the pen away.

Wenger should have dominated Europe with that squad, the fact he didn't even dominate England is bewildering (not that im complaining).

Im not saying Wenger's a bad manager but with the personnel he had between 2000-2005 he should have done better.

I get what you mean, but he went through an entire season unbeaten in the league, how much better can it get? Sure, Arsenal fans would have swapped a few defeats that season in exchange for a couple more trophies but its an unique achievement that'll likely not be equalled for quite a while.

Red Star Belgrade (sorry Sh0n3x :P) could have won 3 or 4 in a row had it not been for their country splitting apart. The Busby Babes could have won one, as well. Perhaps even Grande Torino could have carried on into the mid 50s and beaten Real Madrid to the first few European Cups.

Massive moment when Drogs put the pen away.

Imagine if Drogba slipped taking it and we went on and lost? the jokes we would get having that happen to us twice.

I get what you mean, but he went through an entire season unbeaten in the league, how much better can it get? Sure, Arsenal fans would have swapped a few defeats that season in exchange for a couple more trophies but its an unique achievement that'll likely not be equalled for quite a while.

It was a great achievement to go unbeaten no doubt, but Wenger should have used that team as a platform to create a dynasty and domination, thankfully however he made a pigs ear of it and dismantled that team replacing them with kids.

Everyone hates to say it but it's kind of surprising the Arsenal ' Invincibles' didn't win the Champions League.

Follow, follow, follow

There was only 2 minutes to go

It was Wayne Bridge's goal, that sent us out of control

And sent the Arsenal out of Euro :D

Imagine if Drogba slipped taking it and we went on and lost? the jokes we would get having that happen to us twice.

I dislike the hypotheticals about how Chelsea could have lost the Champions League, that fact is that Chelsea won and we should focus on how it was won not how it could have been lost. Just my opinion...

It was a great achievement to go unbeaten no doubt, but Wenger should have used that team as a platform to create a dynasty and domination, thankfully however he made a pigs ear of it and dismantled that team replacing them with kids.

That he did, but he was not helped by Red Roman turning up and spunking money. He also was not helped by the presence of Jose Mourinho. For any English team in that period it would have taken something monumental to beat both the blank cheque given to Mourinho and the Portuguese' own managerial talent. And to an extent they did push on in Europe with that 05/06 team, they could well have won the final.

--------------Ronaldo-------------

Maradona------------------Cantona

-----------------Totti-----------------

--------Senna--------Ballack---------

Santos------------------------C.A Torres

---------Gentile---Cannavaro--------

----------------Buffon--------------------

What a team