Articles

Read the latest Chelsea news and opinion from our main website.

8,249 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  • 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Latest Posts

• So far, Cucu’s best game in a Chelsea shirt, I think. 
    • yeah. Heh,  Drogba and Giroud can prob be considered set piece masters. remember the complaints of the opposition when they used to play against Drogba's Chelsea: we overplay them for the entire match then Drogba goes and scores out of nothing. 😆
    • Arguably our best half of the season. Controlled and aggressive. Not flustered. However, these things don’t give me confidence because the lack of organization means we’ll get pegged back by a very preventable goal. For example: we conceded a goal just a few games ago, I think Arsenal, when there was a corner and we had our one player marking two players, they were able to fashion a shot and goal. In this game, did we learn our lesson? No. Just that Tottenham we’re not able to fashion
    • Fair point. Having a physical presence upfront (Drogba, Costa, Giroud, etc) really helped out at the other end too.
    • Greeks doing at Villa Park what we couldn't. 
    • Unreal again Jackson didn't pass to Palmer 😡
    • Could be numbers too as we have pretty ineffective players at set pieces, like the aforementioned Mudryk. So, it's easier for the opposition to get a unfair duel going by sheer numbers.
    • same -- good half.  Concern is towards the end with our thin bench. If some of our players look visibly gassed, I bet they will try to exploit that with fresh legs.
    • Are players following instructions? Are there any instructions to begin with? The list goes on. It's just common sense for the tallest players to mark the biggest threats.
    • If you say so but he looks a boy next to Romero. 
    • Massive 2cm height difference lol Still, clearly someone else should have marked him decent half. Liked the intensity. The pace on our front 3 is insane. Spurs playing right into our hands. I just wish we had a proper counter attacking coach. Once those attackers grow some brain we would be a huge threat on the break like we were under conte 
    • This is not even about zonal marking or any fancy initiative.    This is simple man on man marking. And you put a young small guy on a big attacking defender.   And it was not a mistake as Gilcrest was picking him up again in the next set piece.
  • Player Threads

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You