Chelsea vs Sunderland

BlueLion.

I see a lot of people want to start josh Or gael But i fancy starting Another youth product

If Anyone is Ready Like borini if hes not injured Or tore if hes ready for use

I defo want to see mceachran In this game I prefer him over kakuta now ive been more impressed with him this season

I would start ramires And Bring on Sturridge At 2nd half And i think the rest were safe with

I think sunderland may start craig gordon And hes not up to speed yet IMHO so if we got the Attack ready We could be winning 3-0 by half time

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's put his performances on such a high pedestal that an okay match from him falls short of expectations. Says a lot about his recent form that even when not at his best, he's consistently among our better players. He seems a bit tired to me, maybe all the running around for 90 mins each game is getting to him. Plus him and Mikel are the only ones who've not rested at all. Want to see Yuri play one full game on the wing, 'cos he can be devastating there I feel.

Yea is about time Yuri had the chance to show what hes got going down the Wing. Hes got an impeccable cross.

In who's place BL? Zhirkov or Ramires?

I was thinking Essien, to be honest. A midfield of Zhirkov, Mikel and Ramires has high work rate and defensive qualities but next to nothing going forward. I see we have two options in terms of our midfield and frontline:

The first would see McEachran or Gael Kakuta come in for the suspended Essien. We NEED some attacking creativity and either Josh or Gael can supply that.

Mikel

McEachran/Kakuta, Zhirkov/Ramires

Anelka, Malouda

Drogba

Alternatively, if Carlo wants experience, he can opt to play Malouda in the midfield three (IMO possibly a better option), and either push Zhirkov forward or play Kalou or Sturridge.

Mikel

Ramires, Malouda

Anelka, Zhirkov/Kalou/Sturridge

Drogba

I was thinking Essien, to be honest. A midfield of Zhirkov, Mikel and Ramires has high work rate and defensive qualities but next to nothing going forward. I see we have two options in terms of our midfield and frontline:

The first would see McEachran or Gael Kakuta come in for the suspended Essien. We NEED some attacking creativity and either Josh or Gael can supply that.

Mikel

McEachran/Kakuta, Zhirkov/Ramires

Anelka, Malouda

Drogba

Alternatively, if Carlo wants experience, he can opt to play Malouda in the midfield three (IMO possibly a better option), and either push Zhirkov forward or play Kalou or Sturridge.

Mikel

Ramires, Malouda

Anelka, Zhirkov/Kalou/Sturridge

Drogba

We share the same views as i have posted similair line-ups in the past.

But sadly, i just don't see it happening and i think you'll agree with me on that.

I think Gyan is going to score i think he is a brilliant forward. I agree with Bluelion i think we need a bit of creativity in midfield and josh can supply that easily. I would leave kakuta on the bench until around the 75th minute mark and let him loose on bardsley.

We share the same views as i have posted similair line-ups in the past.

But sadly, i just don't see it happening and i think you'll agree with me on that.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Carlo is very one-dimensional with his team selections, unfortunately. Yes, he'll change the system but very rarely will he change the personnel. However, 9 times in 10 it works so I'll trust his judgement. I have absolute faith in him but I do wish he'd just give Gael or Josh an hour!

I don't understand why there is so much worry on here at the momment.

We have a lot of injuries yes, but other players are getting a chance, young players at that, and STILL

Manchester United are looking worse, and falling more and more behind.

Not to mention January is not too far around the corner, if we do need to expand.

Good times

Chelsea 2 Sunderland 0

Without Lampard and Essien in our side, we look like a team that's had it's solid flesh removed, and you can see the bones, a very poor Liverpool side took advantage of that... we were only just able to beat Fulham 1-0 at the Bridge with Essien almost playing the full game, so what is our midfield going to be like without both midfielders there, for the next three games at least (against Birmingham, and a very dangerously on form Newcastle team).

I just hope the likes of Ramires and Zhirkov can use their speed to their advantage and create chances for us, and Mikel can do what he does relatively well, which is protect the back four, break up play and get the ball moving forward.