Chelsea vs Sunderland

BlueLion.

zhirkov is obviously a very poor central midfielder , also ramires has not adjusted to the epl yet , may be in a year or two he will get more muscle and we will get to see another bison but now he is not as half as good as essien ......

not only the midfield battle against those three will always be won easily by opposition as zhirkov and ramires always keep giving the ball away while zhirkov's movement is very bad on and off the ball .

but also defensively we never look near a solid line with this midfield , zhirkov is always running back facing our own goal which results in many fouls , also he doesn't have the skills needed to tackle or intercept in midfield also his work rate is very questionable for me .

ramires is having different problems , when you watch him playing it 's no difference than watching one of the youngsters getting firs team action , he is nervous , unexperienced midfielder but obviously has got some great skills under his pocket . his pace is superb for a midfieder , his workrate is tireless and his positioning is not bad although it needs to be improved but his passing is sometimes very very poor .

that is why i think the problem isn't in ramires it's in zhirkov , we should replace him with mceacheran and not even kakuta because we need a player that will help us mantain position and get pressure away from our midfield and alhough i rate kakuta very higly but he certainly gives the ball away many times and his defensive skills are poor while he won't run 6 or 7 km every 45 min.

let McEacheran start this one carlo

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect a win, but i wouldn't be surprised if we get a draw...

A win is essential, we will have a good gap on ManU and City. Which would be a good thing before the month of December (where we will play against ManU, Tottenham, Arsenal and Everton).

I'm impatient to see how the lads will deal without Wilkins...

I just hope Carlo won't play Zhirkov and Ramires together in the midfield. Personaly, i would take risk and go for McEachran, but with Malouda our midfielder will have more strenght.

Also, i would like to see Sturridge or Kakuta on the right wing. I don't konw if I'm the only one, but i definitively prefer our game style without Anelka (ie: like we play against Fulham).

^ Agreed. People are complaining he's lost pace? I don't think so. What he's doing is cleverly, and quickly, dropping his pace to fool defenders. He does it so well, you think he's lost pace. But that's why he's able to cut inside so well and get good balls going across the 6-yard box or shooting himself.

John Terry is out injured so Paulo Ferreira will play as a centre-back.

The captain had a nerve problem in training yesterday that is leading to pain in a glut and hamstring muscle.

Nicolas Anelka returns to the starting line-up after injury with Salomon Kalou making way. Ramires replaces suspended Michael Essien.

On a youthful bench, Jacopo Sala, an 18-year-old Italian midfielder or wide player comes into the seven.

Sunderland make two changes. Phil Bardsley replaces Anton Ferdinand at left-back and Danny Welback comes into the side as Steve Bruce opts for two strikers.

Chelsea are expected to start in the following 4-3-3 formation:

1 Petr Cech

17 Jose Bosingwa

2 Branislav Ivanovic

19 Paulo Ferreira

3 Ashley Cole

7 Ramires

12 John Mikel Obi

18 Yury Zhirkov

39 Nicolas Anelka

11 Didier Drogba ©

15 Florent Malouda

Subs: 22 Ross Turnbull, 43 Jeffrey Bruma, 38 Patrick van Aanholt, 46 Josh McEachran, 44 Gael Kakuta, 55 Jacopo Sala, 21 Salomon Kalou.

Cech

Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Ferriera - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Zhirkov

Anelka - Drogba© - Malouda

Subs: Turnbull, Bruma, van Aanholt, McEachran, Kakuta, Sala & Kalou

Sala makes the bench and Borini doesn't? Maybe he is being frozen out :\

Gordon

Onuoha - Turner - Bramble - Bardsley

Henderson - Cattermole© - Richardson - Zenden

Welbeck - Gyan

blue%20scalf.gif

Zenden back at the Bridge

But that Sunderland team looks quite sharp. Gyan, Welbeck, Henderson & Richardson will be handful. Cattermole's developing a reputation for tackling hard to Mikel better be aware of him. But matching this up to our squad we should win this quite comfortably.