test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Manuf

The Pub - Discuss Anything

Started by Manuf,

28,110 posts in this topic
16 hours ago, Unionjack said:

1st try at a Strawberry cider and it came out great. Really nice fruity taste. And came out at 7%. Doing 1/2 pint of that with 1/2 pint of sloe gin! Doesnt taste alcoholic but you feel it when you stand up!

My mate brought me back a bottle of scrumpy years ago from Devon it was called Cripplecock and believe me it did.

Spike likes this

4 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

My mate brought me back a bottle of scrumpy years ago from Devon it was called Cripplecock and believe me it did.

I normally drink Guinness but also alot of different Real Ales at the beer festivals and they have some amazing names that kinda goes with the territory.

A good ones called Crippledick, Mad Dog, Dogs Bollocks, Arrogant Bastard, Moose Drool, Bishops Nipple, Triple Chocolate - fuckin gorgeous! , Herpes!!, Ginger Tosser, Old Leg Humper and who could forget Intercourse - cause it fucks you up!!

With so many micro breweries popping up over the last 20 or so years theres alot of good beer about.

At the festivals the septics have started to bring alot of theirs over too now and theyve got some nice beer.

Theres literally hundreds of beers to try at them. They give you a booklet with their names, notes on what its like and space where ytou can write notes and give them points.

The idea is to get a 1/3 pint glass (Some of them are really high gravity and only sell it by 1/2 pint) and try as many as you can on the 1st night so you got the rest of the weekend to drink your faves!

If anyones been to Octoberfest   theyre nothing like that lol Its the Brit version! Lods of people from every class from the clergy, merchant bankers and good old pissheads. You rarely see any trouble unless its a couple of stagnights/hen nights gone bad which is strange with a 1000 pissed up strangers under 1 roof!

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Crippledick, Mad Dog, Dogs Bollocks, Arrogant Bastard, Moose Drool, Bishops Nipple, Triple Chocolate - fuckin gorgeous! , Herpes!!, Ginger Tosser, Old Leg Humper

Sounds like the names of the top boys in Tottenham's firm.

Fulham Broadway likes this

27 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Sounds like the names of the top boys in Tottenham's firm.

Didn't know they had any!  sheepshag_zpswwo6c9kl.gif;

21 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Aye. Known Nicky since the old Trip at the Astoria. But tho I used to goto them I never really got deep into the music. It was more about the craic.

nNow if you want to go to a proper good rare soul night next sat night 11 till 7 at 100 Club. Its on once a month and into its 38th year and strong as ever, We got Ady (the promoter) and Butch (I'di kill for his collection) away but Soul Sam and Kev Highams on. Big mix of all types of Northern from R&B thro to Modern and crossover and old stompers. Really is a blinding night.

http://www.6ts.info/

Cheers. Will check that out. Never used to be much of a fan of it tbh -it was background music in clubs and pubs as far as I was concerned - but the set in Lanzarote opened my eyes to it -also it's made for outdoors in the sun :cig:Funny how your taste in music changes like your taste buds

Checking out Jazz Hole and Salsoul orchestra atm

29 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Cheers. Will check that out. Never used to be much of a fan of it tbh -it was background music in clubs and pubs as far as I was concerned - but the set in Lanzarote opened my eyes to it -also it's made for outdoors in the sun :cig:Funny how your taste in music changes like your taste buds

Checking out Jazz Hole and Salsoul orchestra atm

I justr kinda went for the gear tbh lol Plus alot of friends were the old warehouse,M25 promoters  so they made for good nights.

But the outside parties are perfect for that scene, I goto Goa alot and been 18 times now since I was 17, We go for between 3 and 9 months and always rent the same house. But they have amazing parties on the full moon. They take part up in this valley that leads down to the beach in a natural ampitheatre where the diagbostics are perfect, Its mainly trance with some drum n bass thrown in but I always go over with a box of 60s early 60s rare funk and do a set now n then. A crazy sight watching the sun rise with 1000 dancers and steam coming off them into the sky. Very trippy. But they get down to the funk which suprized me to start with as theyre 95% travellers and backpackers. But theres alot of the locals get mashed up too and boogie all night. Theyre really nice atmospheres.

Fulham Broadway likes this

@iseah100 What is your favourite type of mole? I'm partial to an 'Americanised' Oaxacan mole that my wife and I make on occasion. I want to try a black mole next.

10 hours ago, Spike said:

@iseah100 What is your favourite type of mole? I'm partial to an 'Americanised' Oaxacan mole that my wife and I make on occasion. I want to try a black mole next.

Being born in Calif with Dad in USAF we lived in various States but Ive got alot of relatives living in Texas, mostly around El Paso and I go over to see them most years (well its a cheap base to go record hunting too lol) and their diet is alot of Tex/Mex but mostly Mexican.

They cook with various sauces but the one I like is I think Manchamantel - table cloth stainer.. Its a sweet,fruity,spiicy one. No chocolate. Gorgeous!

Sometimes I see people skate past the condo and I think to myself 'man that looks like fun' then I remember I'm shit and I'd feel like old man that thinks he is 12 again