The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

That would never work with most normal girls. Maybe it would work on drunk/drugged chicks? If some strange guy came up to me on the street asking me if I wanted to have sex I would probably A. Be confused, assume I'm involved in some kind of prank, and politely decline B. Laugh and tell him to fuck off C. Kick him in the junk and run away.

The funny part is when you compare that to the prank where a hot girl go hitting on guys the same way:

50% success. But I must say it is weird indeed. I'd probably decline her (no homo) because I would be very suspicious about it. A random girl coming to you and asking for sex just like that? My mind would probably scream "it's a trap".

Hey guys, i didn't wanna create a thread for this as it would probably be pointless but i need to ask....

Putney Bridge is closed until October. How do i get to Fulham Broadway from Wimbledon until then?

Can you not get the tube from Notting Hill or from Wimbledon to Fulham Broadway?

Can some of you help me out with this please?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/?Input=Fulham+Broadway+Underground+Station&to=Fulham+Broadway+Underground+Station&toId=1000084

This might help? Shouldn't be too difficult... Can just catch the District line if I remember correctly.

Actually wanted help on how to quote a post properly, but thanks for that anyway.

Don't think any of it will affect me thankfully as I catch the tube from Victoria.

Make sure that your quoted posts end with a [ /quote ] - without the spaces of course.

Also, how do I add a profile picture from my phone?

Gonna have to do that via laptop unfortunately. Also, quote me if you reply so I get the notification!

If you're on your phone and want to quote - a quote button should pop up when you want to reply to anyone. They'll get the notification that way.

@CHOULO19, random question, do you speak French?

Speak? No. Understand? To a certain degree, especially if it is written and not spoken.

In Lebanon, everyone studies both English and French in school. One as a first language and the other as a second language. French was a second language for me in school. But you probably didn't want to know that... :P

Speak? No. Understand? To a certain degree, especially if it is written and not spoken.

In Lebanon, everyone studies both English and French in school. One as a first language and the other as a second language. French was a second language for me in school. But you probably didn't want to know that... :P

Actually that was what I was looking for. Yesterday we went to lunch at the restaurant of a Lebanese family and they were telling me that in Lebanon they usually teach Arab, French and English in schools. Most of them spoke at least 5 languages (Arabic, French, English, Portuguese and Spanish) :o

And also some had French names like Marie Claire.

Actually that was what I was looking for. Yesterday we went to lunch at the restaurant of a Lebanese family and they were telling me that in Lebanon they usually teach Arab, French and English in schools. Most of them spoke at least 5 languages (Arab, French, English, Portuguese and Spanish) :o

Marie Claire is a white trash name here.

Actually that was what I was looking for. Yesterday we went to lunch at the restaurant of a Lebanese family and they were telling me that in Lebanon they usually teach Arab, French and English in schools. Most of them spoke at least 5 languages (Arab, French, English, Portuguese and Spanish) :o

To be honest, not all Lebanese people speak French, because for a lot of people they learn not just at school but at homes from their parents who speak French as well. It's a bit difficult to explain why, but it has A LOT to do with politics and history. Towards the end of the Ottoman rule, the French were looking to infiltrate the empire specifically from Lebanon. Obviously they used religion as an excuse. They sent "missionaries" and built French schools and hospitals for the Christians in the Mount Lebanon region in the name of protecting Christians in the east (even though there were more Christians in Syrian, Iraq, Palestine...etc.). Similarly, Britain were doing practically the same to a lesser extent for the Druze here. Then came the French colonization of the region after WW1 and those who spoke French were given the all the top jobs. So soon speaking French became a sign of being upper class. There actual people, even now, who were born and have lived their entire lives in Lebanon and speak French and not Arabic.