The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Ah, I understand :blush: But on the right side u can translate whole article, but this is google translator- so u know, it is not so good :D

In fact I did try google translate but as you said it sucks and you miss a lot of details and nuances.

As I said, someone "unintentionally" bashed fasting which is an important matter for Muslims. It is cool as this person doesn't take swings at others intentionally. To my understanding on this forum we have views from all over the world with different cultures. So I see no harm in trying to understand each other and getting along despite of our differences and backgrounds. No need for anyone to go on the offense really. I hope it is all cool mate. :)

I do respect other peoples opinions mate, but only when they come with tact.

Excuse my English, but I am not familiar with the term tact

Generally, just a way of dealing with people without causing offense..

An offensive comment on a secular forum would be "[said religion] is the most important thing", it's the way it's worded. "Religion is important to me" would be more appropriate for example.

An offensive comment on a secular forum would be "[said religion] is the most important thing", it's the way it's worded. "Religion is important to me" would be more appropriate for example.

Ok I see what you mean. Frankly I would have fallen into that fallacy simply because I had no idea what the difference is before you put the two examples. I guess it is all about how to put it like you said. It is a language/cultural barrier then. Thanks for the clarification.

You weren't very tactful when you were saying things like 'read a book'.

'Fire with fire' and all that. ;) Next time I will just report the dogma instead.

Why not just move all those posts here in the pub and re-open the Salah thread.

Moderators can't move posts to other threads.

So.. The Salah topic will be closed until the ramadan ends or what?

For a few hours, till the everyone has calmed down. I think that will do it.

Just wanted to say that your view that Evolution is a fact its a bit too hasty.

Evolution has some holes for me, like Irreducible complexity and Entropy.

DNA is too complex for it to be created by chance.

DNA is more like a signature of an intelligent design.

Weather you want to believe that intelligent design as God or Aliens that's up to you.

But Evolution is far from being 100% fact.