Gael Kakuta MVP of U19 Champs

Jose M

Don't get me wrong i am also big admirer of Kakuta as you are. And i also think that he needs to play, other young players also.

But don't expect wonders from 19 years old lad. As Michael Ballack once said, "we need to protect those players and give them time to develop properly," or something like that.

You know what i read last night on one page after Frankfurt game, that Borini needs to go. Really? As wicked are some Chelsea fans, will the same happen if Kakuta does like Borini did? Are you going to back him when he will make mistake? I know i will, as i back every Chelsea player from JT to Mikel.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're talking about game time for youngsters in general. When it comes to other youngsters like Sturridge, Bruma, Van Aanholt and Matic it was understandable that they play that much. They have very fierce competition to deal with. Although they could have played a lot more if you ask me. Even in the League Cup and the early rounds of the FA Cup we played with very experienced teams. Those times would have been perfect for the youngsters i mentioned to play. But that's a diffrent discussion. This discussion is about the player Kakuta. He's a different case when it comes to giving youngsters a lot of game time.

Kakuta is without a doubt one of most exciting talents in today's football. Easily up there with the likes of Pato (well Pato has outgrown the status of huge talent and has become a star player) Bojan, Balotelli, Wilshere, Neymar, Ganso and many more. Most people would probably disagree with that statement due to the fact of his very little game time. All those players have shown the world their great talent because they got the chance to show it. And they are all first XI players or very close to first XI football. Kakuta's competition isn't even that fierce. Our right attacker could use some real quality.

That's why i'm hoping Carlo will give him a fair chance for a lot of first XI football next season. So I'll just wait what Carlo has planned for next season.

that`s all i`m asking..i explained why he didn`t play so much last year and why those reasons don`t apply so much this year..(barring the injuries part,which no one can foresee at this point). he will in all probability play more this year..but according to the post i replied to earlier it doesn`t appear that you have the faith in Carlo to select him this upcoming season,that i have..due to him not playing so much last year.

The Topic got me excited but then I saw that he was just one of the nominees the excitement got subdued.. He hasnt been rated as the MVP yet. Scousers think Pacheco is the MVP.

Lets wait to see who is voted the MVP. Pacheco won the Golden Boot though.

Very happy for him. A great honour for him and the club.

This will also boost his confidence and that's only good news for our team.

It is terrific news.. for the club that will pick him up on a free transfer next summer! rolleyes.gif

It is terrific news.. for the club that will pick him up on a free transfer next summer! rolleyes.gif

I'm sure you're making too much out of it.The club isn't run by idiots and I'm confident they will get his contract sorted before it expires.

Great video. Really shows of his qualities and class. He's small but has great balance, very hard to get him down. His dribbling and close control at top speed is phenomal. Fantastic vision and passing. And he's a great entertainer. Didn't know he took free kicks though. Nice bonus.

This guy is like a younger version of Messi. Can't wait to see more of him next season, hopefully we'll get to see a lot.

Amazing video......... Nice array of tricks, top acceleration n maintains a good pace.. i think he shd at least be brought in as the 1st sub this season in EPL games... Too bad Nico is gonna keep that right sided attacker place !! Time to unleash him...

Kakuta can make a big impact this season thats for sure. He has really matured in the last year on the back of a couple of bad injuries. Just hope he is given the right amount of chances to show something and try t earn himself more games. Slightly worried by the fact that he has a year left on his contract, but fingers crossed that gets dealt with and we don't balls it up....