Sami Khedira

RX8

and..its official!

BREAKING NEWS: OFFICIAL: Real Madrid Sign Stuttgart Midfielder Sami Khedira

Khedira appears to be set to join Real Madrid as the Spanish side have reached an agreement with Stuttgart...

Bundesliga side Stuttgart have confirmed the departure of holding midfielder Sami Khedira to Real Madrid. A report in Bild claims that the Blancos have agreed a fee of €14 million for the services of the Germany international. However, Stuttgart have not disclosed any details about the transfer fee.

The 23-year-old midfielder had already agreed personal terms with Madrid on Wednesday and will sign a long term deal with the Merengues after undergoing a medical.

"Sami Khedira is a true leader on the pitch and he personifies everything that Stuttgart stand for. Therefore, it's not easy to let go of him," said Stuttgart sporting director Fredi Bobic on the official Stuttgart website.

"However, on the other hand, we couldn't deny Sami his dream move to Real Madrid. We'd like to wish him all the best at his new club."

Khedira had attracted the interest of Real Madrid with his excellent performances for Germany at the 2010 World Cup and was since continually being linked with a move to the Spanish powerhouse.

The midfielder is a product of the Stuttgart youth academy and has made over 100 official appearances for the Schwaben since making his debut in October 2006.

source

pls focus to ramires!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the second time this week I read in several papers that we're going for Sami in Jan. We are supposedly considering making a 20m bid:

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle806042.html

http://www.tribalfoo...chelsea-1913462

I think this all came from the rumor that Khedira and morinho had a disagreement after the Levante game.

For me he's a great player, who's a vital part of a great german generation of footballers. Plus he is still young and can improve even more.

Opinions?

PS: I know there's another Sami Khedira thread, but that one is locked.

Khedira works very hard, good engine, but i think Mikel is better on the ball, Mikel is brilliant at calming with pressure and his passing also his movment at making himself available, but off the ball Mikel gets beat by a lot of CDM's, he needs more pace.

He's better than Mikel.

Obviously Khedira is better than Mikel as a true CDM...after-all, we converted Mikel from an attacking midfielder (a position where he sparkled for Nigeria at the U-17 World Cup..and won the Silver Award behind none-other than Argentina's maestro, Leo Messi) to a defensive midfielder.

I'd prefer Chelsea to look at Yann M'Villa IF we were interested in signing a CM/CDM for the future. He looks the real deal for his club and for the French national team.

What our team lacks more than anything is a real maestro. Someone like Modric; Jovetic.

I like Khedira, I really do. I have no doubts he would be a great players for, but it stands to be said that we really don't need him. Though squad rotation is always nice. Though I've always likened him to a more Essien Box To Box rather than a pure CDM like Mikel.

why do we even need khedira. already GOT mikel,essein,romeu for cdm position. whaT we do need is a winGer and a defender as alex and terry are inTo heir 30's.

1 - Essien isn't a CDM/DM.

2 - We don't know how he will be after returning from injury.

I like Khedira, I really do. I have no doubts he would be a great players for, but it stands to be said that we really don't need him. Though squad rotation is always nice. Though I've always likened him to a more Essien Box To Box rather than a pure CDM like Mikel.

I disagree that we don't need him. What would happen if Mikel gets injured tomorrow? I really didn't like Raul playing at CDM.

You're right he is more like essien, but we all know that by the time essien returns and regains his form, he'd be injured again...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You