Aston Villa vs Chelsea

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Ancellotti uses the same rotating system as in previous games. Switch between Drogs and Anelka. Also because our next game is against Bolton only three days after it!

Probably won't be the same game as last time around :P , but the confidence is flowing at Chelsea now, so I am more confident of a win for us than i would normally be against a though Villa side.

Let's hope we don't let the 7-1 get to our heads and start playing like shit. Their still a dangerous team if they want to be.

Edited by Tech9C

Nah dont think we will.We hope not anyway.Neutral ground and cup game etc and like said we've lost to them once this season so know what they can be like.Gana be narrow I reckon..hopfully in our favour! biggrin.gif

wembley has become our second home ...lets get back there for the final

This will be harder than the United game. Villa will have a point to make. They were poor against Bolton and just managed to scrape a 1-0 win, but that's not the point. Its a make-or-break semi final and they will want to avenge that drubbing.

I'm going for 2-1 Chelsea, Villa to score first.

good news

NEWSFLASH: IVANOVIC NEARS RETURN

Posted on: Thu 08 Apr 2010Branislav Ivanovic trained today (Thursday) and could feature on the substitutes' bench for the FA Cup semi-final on Saturday.

The defender has been out since injuring his knee against Blackburn on 21 March.

Carlo Ancelotti reports he is planning an unchanged defence and midfield against Aston Villa but has decisions to make over the goalkeeper, Hilario having started previous FA Cup games, and up front although the Chelsea manager confirms Didier Drogba will start.

It is hoped Ashley Cole will return against Stoke on 25 April. Ancelotti announces Michael Essien is also making good progress and could play again a week later.

Edited by caesarblues

Don't think this will be easy, as both teams will be up for a place in the final. If we make it to the final, It'll be our second year in a row and so the moativation will be there for us to do well. Looking at their records the last time they made it to the final, was in 2000 which of course was against us which we won 1-0 and the last time they won the FA Cup was in 1957. I think they are a dangerous team, but as long as we hold our nerve I'm sure we can make it to our second final in 2 years and hopefully we'll be singing 'When John went up to lift the FA Cup we were there, we where there'.

I don't like the way carlo tells everyone drogba is going to start, i would of liked for him to keep aston villa guessing on who will start pacy anelka or strong drogba. Aston villa can plan on how to stop drogba now which is really annoying !

Edited by Badboy

Remember he did say that he would start against United and then left him on the bench so he could be bluffing again.

Can't wait for this one. My first trip to Wembley. Haven't been this excited about going to a game since my first ever game 10 years ago. lol!

Will be a very tough game. Nothing like the game a couple of weeks ago i don't think. Villa will be looking to avenge that and i think they fact they have already lose at Wembley will motivate them more. Still... I have faith and am predicting a 3-0 win to the blues. Come on the Chels!!

Can see this being one of the toughest games of the season. I can see us being complacent (and why wouldn't we be?) after the 7-1 drubbing, whilst Villa will want to get their own back and have a point to prove - and what better stage to do so than in an FA Cup semi final? This is going to have to be a disciplined, defensive performance, á la the Mourinho days. 1-0 or 2-1.