Alex

DavidEU

I somewhat disagree with your Luiz remark. His last few games were very dodgy and lapse after his first few games were better. imo he should be moved into midfield because i don't think he's a defender. He's a bit of a disaster waiting to happen too. He will improve hut he's liable to give away a stupid penalty or make a costly fuck up. He's already given away 2 stupid pens and fucked up at Old Trafford and the Brittania.

It will be a huge mistake to let Alex go because he's a beast of a defender and rarely makes mistakes especially high profile ones.

Also.... Ivanovic is too good to be just seen as a back up.

I know, he's been frustrating in those times too. But I still think we should persist with him in central defence, he will improve, with JT alongside him, mentoring him through, he will become a much solid defender in the coming season.

I'm saying this all in anticipation if Alex goes. Terry will play less games this season I believe, he'll start getting a new niggling injuries & will need rotation I reckon, this is where Ivanovic will prove crucial. We can't keep him as a right-back any longer.

Bayern would be good for Alex.

He's a good defender & he'd be played more there, so he might be up for it. I expect we'd sign Godin if such a transfer happens.

I'd rather Bayern buy Godin and we keep Alex (can't keep having the defence merry-go-round)....Alex's thigh surgery was probably the main reason why Cech didnt win the golden glove this season..As for Luiz he should at least be tried out in the RB or DM positions...Until he curbs out the mistakes from his defensive play he isn't fit to play in the centre....

Obviously I have no idea how Luiz would fair as a RB because he is untried. But he does like to get up the pitch, we've seen him want to attack, and he seems keen. No doubt a proven RB would be preferable, but maybe it would be worth trying him. When Ivanovic plays there he brings nothing to the role in my opinion. If David Luiz worked in such a role I'd like to see,

Luiz --- Alex --- Terry --- Cole

I know it's speculation and jaw flapping on my part, but it's just food for thought. I think Ivan is great, but I'd rather have Alex and JT as preference.

I know, he's been frustrating in those times too. But I still think we should persist with him in central defence, he will improve, with JT alongside him, mentoring him through, he will become a much solid defender in the coming season.

I'm saying this all in anticipation if Alex goes. Terry will play less games this season I believe, he'll start getting a new niggling injuries & will need rotation I reckon, this is where Ivanovic will prove crucial. We can't keep him as a right-back any longer.

Agreed.

I don't want us to move Luiz in midfield. I don't see why we would want to move him there... Because he is "too gifted" to be a center back ?

Also agreed on the part concerning Ivanovic.

On Alex. I think it is a bad idea to sell Alex, now we have loaned Bruma. If it was to give more playing to Jeffrey, I would be okay to be honest... But he is no longer here, so to sell Alex will imply to buy another random overpaid defender who isn't needed.

Agreed.

I don't want us to move Luiz in midfield. I don't see why we would want to move him there... Because he is "too gifted" to be a center back ?

Not because he's gifted, but simply because he may cost us a goal...btw he has played in a LB position (before he joined us) right?

Not because he's gifted, but simply because he may cost us a goal...btw he has played in a LB position (before he joined us) right?

Then, we should also play Terry, Alex and Ivanovic in the midfield. They have cost us goals, and they will cost us goals.

Then, we should also play Terry, Alex and Ivanovic in the midfield. They have cost us goals, and they will cost us goals.

If you're taking everything in absolutes then you might as well have mentioned Cech since even he can cost us a goal...

What I meant is that he's more reckless than some of the other defenders and tends to charge at the attacker at every opportunity...this often leaves a gap in the back line which the other defenders often don't fill up in time, giving the attacker(s) space to exploit...and that's just one of his problems...Anyway, he's a good player..I just feel he should be tried out in other positions(not necessarily midfield)

Oh, and btw Terry used to be a midfielder whistling.gif

If you're taking everything in absolutes then you might as well have mentioned Cech since even he can cost us a goal...

What I meant is that he's more reckless than some of the other defenders and tends to charge at the attacker at every opportunity...this often leaves a gap in the back line which the other defenders often don't fill up in time, giving the attacker(s) space to exploit...and that's just one of his problems...Anyway, he's a good player..I just feel he should be tried out in other positions(not necessarily midfield)

good post ...would do no harm to try Luiz in midfield

I know he is reckless at times and tends to charge opposite players too much. But, first of all, that's something which can change (with time), and that's likely due to his age and inexperience. He has the potential to be one of the best center back in the world, hence I believe we shouldn't play him in midfield and give him time. To my minde, to play Luiz in midfield would be 'throw pearls before swine'.

Happy Birthday Alex!!

``````````` ✬ '✧ '✬

````````` __♜_♜_♜__

``````` `{,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,}

'````` ✩`{✫/\/\✰/\/✰/\/\✫}` ✩

'``` ♖_{♖___♖__♖___.♖}_♖

``` {/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\}

```{,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,}

``{/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/}

`{_✿_❤_❀_♥_✿_♥_❀_❤_✿_♥_❀_♥_}

Bruma isn't good enough, Ivanovic is inconsistent (though I blame this on his conversion to right-back, it has ruined his positional sense slightly, I feel) and Luiz is still adapting to the pace and power of English football. The only reason Terry starts every week is because he is our captain. Alex, without doubt, is our best centre-back and would be first choice at any other club. Not only is he superb defensively, but he is so vastly underrated in an attacking sense, though everyone knows his free-kick skill.

And if Guus comes in, there is no way he would leave.

I can guarantee he will start our first game of the season if Hiddink signs.