test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NikkiCFC

Sergio Reguilón

Started by NikkiCFC,

164 posts in this topic
12 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Same people said that there is no way we would buy kai havertz after already buying ziyech and werner. 

Have you seen the fixture list? It's horrendous. We need depth. And we need quality depth. The likes of alonso have played against sheffield's and Leeds and have screwed us over multiple times with us having to change the formation and way we play. 

As for the last bit, same was being said about

1. Bakayoko - close to 20m € exit to milan (with lyon, Fulham and CP monitoring)

2. Emerson - close to 20m€ exit to inter (with Napoli and Juve in the race too)

3. Batshuayi - linked with 25m£ exit to Leeds

So there will always be takers for players. 

1) Let's see who actually takes those players. Press links are one thing, actually selling the player is another. Especially when it comes to fees. 

2) On top of Harvetz and a LB, we desperately need a GK, CB and probably a DM also, so those need to be sorted first before any LB2.

3) Alonso is actually that bad, as a LB2 he is perfectly fine. He can play 15-20 games a season against lower ranked opposition and not be a problem. If we get a good offer for him (unlikely) then sure, upgrade him. However, it is a massive problem and certainly a smaller one than some of the other areas. 

7 minutes ago, Jype said:

Even so, do you really consider the second choice LB to be the most pressing concern in the squad? The very first priority should be making the first XI as strong as possible so after singing a new LB (whether it's Chillwell, Reguilon or someone else) the club should focus fully on GK and CB areas before even thinking about the LB position again. And after those two are done I'd say DMF is next on the agenda, unless the defensive signing is Rice who can do both DM and CB.

While I don't think he's good enough, at least for the big games, having Alonso as 2nd choice LB for at least another season should be the least of our problems in the short term.

I think the concept of first xi will have to be thrown out of the window for this season. There is a game every 3rd day. That's huge. Rotation and depth will decide the measure of success this season. 

So I honestly feel a 2nd lb IS a matter of concern. If we play 60 games next season, alonso starts 20-25 easily. That's 20 games where we either need to change our formation or just forego the left wing. 

Point is, I dont think we will have a problem finding suitors for alonso, and I think we already have the signing lined up. It does not dent our budget or clog our wage and amortization bill.

Whereas buying a DM is totally reliant on off loading jorginho. There is no way we will be buying a DM if we still have jorginho or our books irrespective of what happens with alonso. 

14 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

I think the concept of first xi will have to be thrown out of the window for this season. There is a game every 3rd day. That's huge. Rotation and depth will decide the measure of success this season. 

So I honestly feel a 2nd lb IS a matter of concern. If we play 60 games next season, alonso starts 20-25 easily. That's 20 games where we either need to change our formation or just forego the left wing. 

Point is, I dont think we will have a problem finding suitors for alonso, and I think we already have the signing lined up. It does not dent our budget or clog our wage and amortization bill.

Whereas buying a DM is totally reliant on off loading jorginho. There is no way we will be buying a DM if we still have jorginho or our books irrespective of what happens with alonso. 

Yeah I agree lots of rotation is needed, but it's not like Alonso is the Kepa of left-backs. He's not a top class player but he's done an alright job most of the time in the four years he's been at the club, even in a back-4. He has some shockers at the back but to compensate for that he contributes in attack too. Overall not good enough but decent for a backup.

And you still ignore the point I was making earlier. Signing two new LBs is risky because both need time for settling in and getting to know the play style of their team mates. You don't gel playing 20-30% of the games so the 2nd LB could still perform worse than Alonso, even if by their ability level they were better players. We've seen at Man City that Cancelo hasn't had the easiest time settling in and he's not performed any better than his predecessor Danilo who's a much worse player but at least he was familiar with his team mates and Guardiola's tactics.

I don't like Alonso as a player and as a man I despise him for the fact he got away with killing someone while drink driving but I can see why the club aren't planning on replacing him just yet. Should be axed next year though.

3 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

I disagree.

Why would a player put in his best foot forward if there is no real danger of an ax. For some very weird reason, its only NOW, that people/managers want small squads. SAF always had a big squad and used a lot of rotation. We ourselves had 2 players for each position around 2004-10. After which our difference in the first squad and bench was very visible and hence the problems.

There is a difference in supporting Chilwell, and over-using him. We bought torres for 50mil, and kept playing him despite his issues of form, injuries etc etc. WHat happened? Thats so not the way to get the best out of players?

I would be fine with having castillo as backup, but never EVER going to be fine with having Alonso as a back up. The guy is useless. Will disrupt the whole chemistry and the way we play each time he takes the field. No way should he be in our squad next season.

Thing with Sir Alex is he had a big squad but for the most part a set 11-13 that would play any match of importance, the rest were simply there to fill in for a flat track game when a big boy needed a rest (O Shea, p.Neville etc) or just there to be a super sub and not much more (OGS).

Alonso can play vs the Newcastle's of this world while our new LB saves his energy for Bayern.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Thing with Sir Alex is he had a big squad but for the most part a set 11-13 that would play any match of importance, the rest were simply there to fill in for a flat track game when a big boy needed a rest (O Shea, p.Neville etc) or just there to be a super sub and not much more (OGS).

Alonso can play vs the Newcastle's of this world while our new LB saves his energy for Bayern.

You guys seem to rate alonso much higher than I do. For me, it's like saying, we have papy djobodji as our 3rd CB so we will be fine, or we have michy/Bamford/Franco di santo as our 2nd striker. I mean that's the level of alonso as a LB. A lower to mid table PL club player. 

Liverpool bought that guy from Olympiacos, (who a lot here wanted ahead of chilwell), and we are wondering why we are suffering in games and in breaking teams down when teams don't have 1 but 2 players better in a single position than ours.

Also, what makes people say he will do well.against newcastle? They are gonna play deep, make us suffer on the counter? Can he help us in attack by dribbling past a player. Hell no. Infact he costs us several good positions by pulling the ball back. Can he atleast be defensively solid against counters? Lol.

I am sorry, but alonso is the last name I would want to see on the team sheet and in our squad for next season. Which I can promise will happen a lot due to fixture congestion. I somehow feel we will sell him and buy another LB. 

3 hours ago, Jype said:

Yeah I agree lots of rotation is needed, but it's not like Alonso is the Kepa of left-backs. He's not a top class player but he's done an alright job most of the time in the four years he's been at the club, even in a back-4. He has some shockers at the back but to compensate for that he contributes in attack too. Overall not good enough but decent for a backup.

And you still ignore the point I was making earlier. Signing two new LBs is risky because both need time for settling in and getting to know the play style of their team mates. You don't gel playing 20-30% of the games so the 2nd LB could still perform worse than Alonso, even if by their ability level they were better players. We've seen at Man City that Cancelo hasn't had the easiest time settling in and he's not performed any better than his predecessor Danilo who's a much worse player but at least he was familiar with his team mates and Guardiola's tactics.

I don't like Alonso as a player and as a man I despise him for the fact he got away with killing someone while drink driving but I can see why the club aren't planning on replacing him just yet. Should be axed next year though.

Lots of fair point. 

Just one though. If we get an offer for 25m€ for alonso and were able to get reguilon/tagliafco for the same amount, will it be worth passing this chance away?

31 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

You guys seem to rate alonso much higher than I do. For me, it's like saying, we have papy djobodji as our 3rd CB so we will be fine, or we have michy/Bamford/Franco di santo as our 2nd striker. I mean that's the level of alonso as a LB. A lower to mid table PL club player. 

Liverpool bought that guy from Olympiacos, (who a lot here wanted ahead of chilwell), and we are wondering why we are suffering in games and in breaking teams down when teams don't have 1 but 2 players better in a single position than ours.

Also, what makes people say he will do well.against newcastle? They are gonna play deep, make us suffer on the counter? Can he help us in attack by dribbling past a player. Hell no. Infact he costs us several good positions by pulling the ball back. Can he atleast be defensively solid against counters? Lol.

I am sorry, but alonso is the last name I would want to see on the team sheet and in our squad for next season. Which I can promise will happen a lot due to fixture congestion. I somehow feel we will sell him and buy another LB. 

I'm sorry but that is way way to harsh on Alonso, he may not be world class but he has his uses and certainly more so than the players you mentioned do. 

Above all else, there's only going to be so much money we can spend in one window, if we want to get rid of Alonso we have to find other ways to sort out our backup LB beyond buying atleast for next year. Whether that's by keeping Emerson instead (lol), promoting Maatsen or do what was done with Milner/Delph and shift a midfielder there, not sure who on our rooster would be suitable for that role, Gallagher perhaps?

54 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Alonso is miles above that level of player. The only reason Alonso isn't considered a very good/excellent player is due to speed. Virtually all of his bad points are to do with him being to slow to recover. You play him in a 343 then he is pretty good. The problem is when he is asked to play in a back 4. 

45 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm sorry but that is way way to harsh on Alonso, he may not be world class but he has his uses and certainly more so than the players you mentioned do. 

Above all else, there's only going to be so much money we can spend in one window, if we want to get rid of Alonso we have to find other ways to sort out our backup LB beyond buying atleast for next year. Whether that's by keeping Emerson instead (lol), promoting Maatsen or do what was done with Milner/Delph and shift a midfielder there, not sure who on our rooster would be suitable for that role, Gallagher perhaps?

How is he much better than michy as striker? Who is continuously called as "batshit". He is not even a LB, he is LWB. The fact that our manager either played azpi as LB or just changed the whole formation to a back 3 should be enough of a tell to show how much faith he has in who is supposed to be our 2nd choice LB in a season where squad depth is going to be paramount. 

Why do we need "budget". The plan is to sell emerson and buy chillwell. If we can offload alonso for 20m€-25m€ too (not unthinkable), and have reguilon/tagliafco available for the same amount, why should budget be an issue?

26 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Alonso is miles above that level of player. The only reason Alonso isn't considered a very good/excellent player is due to speed. Virtually all of his bad points are to do with him being to slow to recover. You play him in a 343 then he is pretty good. The problem is when he is asked to play in a back 4. 

Hence the point I am making since morning. 

Are we going to keep switching to a back 3 to accomodate alonso or are we going to forego the whole left wing when playing him every 3rd game? Because given the fixture congestion he is going to play. What's the solution here? 

Alonso is better as a LB than michy is at scoring goals? Lol. How? Michy is atleast a decent finisher who has issues with his hold up play. Alonso is a "defender" who can't defend, too slow to beat his man in attack, poor at vrossing. What particular attribute of his makes him a "decent LB"? 

4 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

How is he much better than michy as striker? Who is continuously called as "batshit". He is not even a LB, he is LWB. The fact that our manager either played azpi as LB or just changed the whole formation to a back 3 should be enough of a tell to show how much faith he has in who is supposed to be our 2nd choice LB in a season where squad depth is going to be paramount. 

Why do we need "budget". The plan is to sell emerson and buy chillwell. If we can offload alonso for 20m€-25m€ too (not unthinkable), and have reguilon/tagliafco available for the same amount, why should budget be an issue?

Because Michy offers literally nothing unless he's sticking the ball in the net and even his finishing has started deserting him. 

For all Alonso's faults he does have an upside of substance even if we only properly see it one game every four and when he's on it he's capable of match winning moments/performances, main cases in point Spurs and Newcastle at home last season, United away under Sarri where his goal was effectively the clincher for top four, or Spurs away under Conte.

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Because Michy offers literally nothing unless he's sticking the ball in the net and even his finishing has started deserting him. 

For all Alonso's faults he does have an upside of substance even if we only properly see it one game every four and when he's on it he's capable of match winning moments/performances, main cases in point Spurs and Newcastle at home last season, United away under Sarri where his goal was effectively the clincher for top four, or Spurs away under Conte.

If we are cherry picking performances, did you get to watch michy at bvb? Each of his performance for light years better than anything alonso has ever put for us. 

Which upsides are we talking about as LB (LB not LWB). I don't want us chopping and changing our formation every 3rd game to incorporate one of the worst players in the squad due to rotation. 

Speed - lol

Beating a man - lol

Crossing - nope

Defending - meh. 

Which particular attribute as a LB should we be thankful for alonso? 

56 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

If we are cherry picking performances, did you get to watch michy at bvb? Each of his performance for light years better than anything alonso has ever put for us. 

Which upsides are we talking about as LB (LB not LWB). I don't want us chopping and changing our formation every 3rd game to incorporate one of the worst players in the squad due to rotation. 

Speed - lol

Beating a man - lol

Crossing - nope

Defending - meh. 

Which particular attribute as a LB should we be thankful for alonso? 

Everywhere Batsh*t has gone he has played as he had at Chelsea i.e. zero all round game, always offside but will stick the ball in the net if you get the ball in the box and he has kept himself onside (about a 50/50 at best he has done so.) Batsh*t is the prime example of why you should never judge a player by stats and youtube clips alone. Anyone that watches him properly knows he has super low football intelligence and that he has shown zero development in this regard for 4-5 years. 

As for Alonso, as has been stated his speed is the issue. However, when you dominate 60%+ of the possession he is fine as he doesn't really need to track back. 

As for your points, no he isn't going to be beating a man with skill but his positional play going forward is pretty good. An example of this was the Dippers at home where he kept on getting in behind them. Only reason he didn't get two assists was because Batsh*t headed wide and Mount blazed over, both times he put in perfect balls to the players. So, yes whilst his crossing isn't TAA style, he does know how to play balls in (these are usually more between the lines than crosses.) This is also borne out in his stats where he has pretty high assists levels for a LB/LWB when it comes to minutes played. Defending he is one of the few players we have that can actually head the ball so at set pieces, so he is handy against bigger physical teams, in one on one's he isn't that great but again, if you have him in against the bottom half of the PL and non-top teams in Europe, he isn't that big of an issue as they have far fewer attacks.  

Another thing with him is that he actually scores at a high rate for a LB/LWB so going forward you have to say he good.

As me and Tomo are arguing there is no disagreement that we need a new LB to play as a LB in a 4 and especially against the top teams as we need someone who can defend better, however Alonso as LB2 is a pretty good option. Personally, looking around the league I would say he would possibly be the best LB2 in the league unless that new kid form Greece that the Dippers have picked up is very good. 

Tomo likes this

22 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Everywhere Batsh*t has gone he has played as he had at Chelsea i.e. zero all round game, always offside but will stick the ball in the net if you get the ball in the box and he has kept himself onside (about a 50/50 at best he has done so.) Batsh*t is the prime example of why you should never judge a player by stats and youtube clips alone. Anyone that watches him properly knows he has super low football intelligence and that he has shown zero development in this regard for 4-5 years. 

As for Alonso, as has been stated his speed is the issue. However, when you dominate 60%+ of the possession he is fine as he doesn't really need to track back. 

As for your points, no he isn't going to be beating a man with skill but his positional play going forward is pretty good. An example of this was the Dippers at home where he kept on getting in behind them. Only reason he didn't get two assists was because Batsh*t headed wide and Mount blazed over, both times he put in perfect balls to the players. So, yes whilst his crossing isn't TAA style, he does know how to play balls in (these are usually more between the lines than crosses.) This is also borne out in his stats where he has pretty high assists levels for a LB/LWB when it comes to minutes played. Defending he is one of the few players we have that can actually head the ball so at set pieces, so he is handy against bigger physical teams, in one on one's he isn't that great but again, if you have him in against the bottom half of the PL and non-top teams in Europe, he isn't that big of an issue as they have far fewer attacks.  

Another thing with him is that he actually scores at a high rate for a LB/LWB so going forward you have to say he good.

As me and Tomo are arguing there is no disagreement that we need a new LB to play as a LB in a 4 and especially against the top teams as we need someone who can defend better, however Alonso as LB2 is a pretty good option. Personally, looking around the league I would say he would possibly be the best LB2 in the league unless that new kid form Greece that the Dippers have picked up is very good. 

Really? 60+% possession means you won't have to be tracking back? Have you seen the goals we conceded this season? 

For every half decent thing he does, j can give 5 examples of him fucking up. Want me to start listing them? The number of times we lose all momentum in attack as alonso, simply drags the ball behind.

So you are telling me against the likes of yarmelenko, saint-maximim etc his defending won't be an issue? 

By God, as fans we really only see what we want to, rihjt? Suddenly alonso has become decent. The same alonso who I can't remember the last time he started as LB because our manager has no faith in him.

"Personally, looking around the league I would say he would possibly be the best LB2 in the league unless that new kid form Greece that the Dippers have picked up is very good. "

I am sorry, but this has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I have read EVER. I mean, I am actually laughing so hard reading this, it's unbelievable. Again, what is this based on? Are you telling me he is better than zinchenko? The Williams kid from United who has looked pretty good. I mean Milner is 10 times the LB alonso can ever dream off. It's shocking people who are dissing on batshuayi and bigging up alonso!! Alonso!!! Hahahaha. That is actually funny. Unbelievable

17 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

I mean Milner is 10 times the LB alonso can ever dream off. It's shocking people who are dissing on batshuayi and bigging up alonso!! Alonso!!! Hahahaha. That is actually funny. Unbelievable

this is madness

Rachel shenton GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

do you even realise that Milner is right footed, nearing 35, and was shit as a LB, was only forced to lay there as they literally had no other options

smdh

and you have the jacobs to ridicule and mock @King Kante??

lol

3 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Also, what makes people say he will do well.against newcastle? 

Funny you mentioned Newcastle.

You clearly have some agenda against Alonso. From all 8 defenders we have he costed us less goals than anyone else.

Apart from Bournemouth and City last season we were very solid defensively and Alonso was regular at back 4. 29 goals conceded in 36 games. And btw he did not even play against Bournemouth.

This season he was a part of that 7 or 8 games winning run in Sep-Oct. Again in back 4.

19 goals and 14 assists in 113 games in PL for Chelsea is amazing for his position. So he is a threat offensively always. This season for Frank again 4 goals and 3 assists in just 1430 minutes. We go with Azpi as LB or 5 at the back when we play James because of the balance. He is very weak defensively. 

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

this is madness

Rachel shenton GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

do you even realise that Milner is right footed, nearing 35, and was shit as a LB, was only forced to lay there as they literally had no other options

smdh

and you have the jacobs to ridicule and mock @King Kante??

lol

He was shit as LB and yet alonso is fine? whose primary role is LB. Lol. Sure.

Edited by Puliiszola
killer1257 likes this

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Funny you mentioned Newcastle.

You clearly have some agenda against Alonso. From all 8 defenders we have he costed us less goals than anyone else.

Apart from Bournemouth and City last season we were very solid defensively and Alonso was regular at back 4. 29 goals conceded in 36 games. And btw he did not even play against Bournemouth.

This season he was a part of that 7 or 8 games winning run in Sep-Oct. Again in back 4.

19 goals and 14 assists in 113 games in PL for Chelsea is amazing for his position. So he is a threat offensively always. This season for Frank again 4 goals and 3 assists in just 1430 minutes. We go with Azpi as LB or 5 at the back when we play James because of the balance. He is very weak defensively. 

Are we really putting us playing back 5 on James?

We could play back 4 with azpi and Alonso as traditional full backs. And hope that a WHU does not happen.

As for costing goals, sure he costed us the fewest, only if we dismiss things like not closing down Taa for the cross even though he was playing as a WB and literally his only job would have been to not let one of the best crossers in world football, cross. 

Also, I did not mention newcastle, someome else did to show that they don't have an attacking threat, whereas I think newcastle got a decent number of scalps this year playing on the counter and using pace of Saint and almiron. So it's not hard to see why alonso can and will struggle.

Lastly, my only "agenda" against alomso is that he is not good enough. I mean we have people naming our own players as "batshit", "donkeyoko", "donkeywater". I would say that's an agenda. Every time alonso takes the pitch, we suffer. In attack, as well as in defence. 

Also, my point since today morning has been consistent. Chilwell seems tk be a done deal. What if we actually are able to get a 20-25m€ offer for alonso, and get reguilon or tagliafco for the same price. People trying to prove that "alonso will be the best 2nd LB in PL" is what I would say is an agenda. 

20 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

He was shit as LB and yet alonso is fine? whose primary role is LB. Lol. Sure.

Alonso has been, for all his limitations, a VASTLY better LB/LWB then a Milner  ever was in his stint(s) there

if you disagree with that, I will make a definitive statement: you do not know football for shit, literally

Alonso was all EPL first team under Conte

Milner as a LB was one of the worst in the league, he is right-footed and it is not his normal position

Just now, Vesper said:

Alonso has been, for all his limitations, a VASTLY better LB/LWB then a Milner  ever was in his stint(s) there

if you disagree with that, I will make a definitive statement: you do not know football for shit, literally

Alonso was all EPL first team under Conte

Milner as a LB was one of the worst in the league, he is right-footed and it is not his normal position

Alonso made the TOTY playing as LWB, do undersrand the difference between a LWB and LB? What the roles entail? For someone giving away certifications on football knowledge, I would have thought that would be the bare minimum.

Yes, Milner is right footed and yes he is old, yet he did what the primary job was - defend. I watched him this season against Watford and against Everton (the draw after restart), and yes kimited, like azpi becomes when playing as LB, but saying he was poor has got to be a total and complete exageration which is not really unknown for someone like you.