test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nachikethas

22. Christian Pulisic

Started by nachikethas,

1,197 posts in this topic

Lampard on Pulisic...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/11858164/frank-lampard-hails-christian-pulisic-as-big-player-for-chelsea

Asked whether Pulisic's recent performances vindicate the decision to bed him in slowly, Lampard said: "I don't think it's vindication, I think it's more that Christian came from another league and didn't have a break.

"He played some games early on and the pace of the Premier League is tough for any player, it's been proven time and time again.

"But with Christian, I always believed that he had huge talent and was going to be a big player for us, and he's absolutely showing that.

"I thought he was first-class today, as he has been recently. Energy, movement of the ball, slipping past people, working off the ball and the quality. He's getting into areas and scoring in and around the six-yard box, which I think is a huge thing for any wide player."

The only downside was a suspected hip problem that led to his substitution straight after his goal - although Lampard is optimistic that it won't prove serious.

"The only frustration is he comes off with a bit of an injury, which he was going to get subbed off for before his goal," he said. "He's got a bit of a hip issue but I'm hoping it's not too bad because the way he's in full flow at the minute is great to see."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only I was wrong about him (purely because I did not watch his Dortmund performances), but I actually thought he was supposed to be a right winger and nothing more, I was absolutely sure he was bought for that position only. 

He looks so damn good on the left and frankly for me the way he drives forward and glides past players he seems to be the closest player to Eden Hazard in European football atm. Sure Eden is a different type of animal, but there is shades of him in this guy and I feel he's more driven to score goals than Eden is. 

Stats and kellzfresh like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, I am getting on the Pulisic hype train. His close dribbling is insane and he did not play that well when he played for BVB last Season

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Now, I am getting on the Pulisic hype train. His close dribbling is insane and he did not play that well when he played for BVB last Season

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
 

We all know Favre didn't fancy Pulisic and it also didn't help that he had little, niggling injuries. Hard to build up any sort of form/consistency when you're in and out of the team. He did finish the season strongly once he recovered and was put back into the team. 

OneMoSalah and killer1257 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't expect him to hit this form so quickly as earlier in the season I thought he looked pretty poor and out of his depth and therefore it would take a lot longer to adapt.

What is most pleasing for me is his two goals yesterday and against Watford. He seems an intelligent and willing runner into the box to get on the end of things, very much how the likes of Mane, Sterling, etc get a lot of their goals. As he continues to improve and gain confidence he could become a very productive and important source of goals for us.

11Drogba likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

What is most pleasing for me is his two goals yesterday and against Watford. He seems an intelligent and willing runner into the box to get on the end of things, very much how the likes of Mane, Sterling, etc get a lot of their goals. As he continues to improve and gain confidence he could become a very productive and important source of goals for us.

Those 2 goals are the perfect examples of 'going the extra mile' that Lampard was talking about last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if you want to see how Pulisic will try to do everything Lampard wants him to do, look at his relationship with his father Mark Pulisic. His father has been a professional coach Christian's entire life. If a child doesn't have top talent, that arrangement can go negative at some point. Christian and Mark have a very positive relationship and when Christian is in the US, his father is with him coaching him on how to use his skills to achieve what his manager wants and needs. I am sure they talk all the time. Pulisic is going to spend every waking hour trying to be the player Lampard needs. It is all he has ever been with his father, in a very positive way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I didn't expect him to hit this form so quickly as earlier in the season I thought he looked pretty poor and out of his depth and therefore it would take a lot longer to adapt.

What is most pleasing for me is his two goals yesterday and against Watford. He seems an intelligent and willing runner into the box to get on the end of things, very much how the likes of Mane, Sterling, etc get a lot of their goals. As he continues to improve and gain confidence he could become a very productive and important source of goals for us.

This is what got me as well. He's a lot more intelligent football wise than I thought he'd be from what I've seen. He could become a real threat if he finesses that intelligent off the ball movement skillset. 

kellzfresh and Superblue_1986 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 6:30 AM, Jason said:

We all know Favre didn't fancy Pulisic and it also didn't help that he had little, niggling injuries. Hard to build up any sort of form/consistency when you're in and out of the team. He did finish the season strongly once he recovered and was put back into the team. 

It was also well known that Pulisic wanted to leave before the season started and wasn't going to extend his contract. That heavily factored in him being out of favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 straight "who scored" man of the match

tops on the epl player power rankings

CP is turning into a very fine supporting player for all the English lads and academy guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be nice when we know the extent of his injury. He seems to be a player that injuries stay with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.