test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nachikethas

22. Christian Pulisic

Started by nachikethas,

1,202 posts in this topic
37 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah, he isn't physically strong right now but imagine thinking players have never lost the ball in training. Jesus christ! 

I'm just going by what I see in the video. Being weak and getting easily dispossessed have been the hallmarks of his Premier League performances so far.

Vesper likes this

1 hour ago, SUNZ said:

I'm just going by what I see in the video. Being weak and getting easily dispossessed have been the hallmarks of his Premier League performances so far.

Yes, imagine passing some sort of conclusive judgment on a player after like 5 games.

You would think after what happened with De Bruyne and Salah previously, people would have that little more patience with younger players but nope, not at all. 

Vesper and NikkiCFC like this

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Yes, imagine passing some sort of conclusive judgment on a player after like 5 games.

You would think after what happened with De Bruyne and Salah previously, people would have that little more patience with younger players but nope, not at all. 

While I do agree that Pulisic needs time to bed in bringing up De Bruyne and Salah everytime is getting a bit tiresome, even with Bakayoko the sentence was used by some.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

While I do agree that Pulisic needs time to bed in bringing up De Bruyne and Salah everytime is getting a bit tiresome, even with Bakayoko the sentence was used by some.

Well, you did say it goes both ways, no? And besides, Pulisic is nowhere near as bad as Bakayoko technical wise. His problem is a lot more fixable.

Tomo, Vesper and Blue Armour like this

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well, you did say it goes both ways, no? And besides, Pulisic isn't nowhere near as bad as Bakayoko technical wise. His problem is a lot more fixable.

Do you see it being fixed HERE though?

They are arguably the two best players in the league, which we let go. Don't expect us to live it down.
Vesper likes this

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
49 minutes ago, Tomo said:

They are arguably the two best players in the league, which we let go. Don't expect us to live it down.

Still, bringing them up whenever an under 23/24 leaves is tiresome. Like we could have a youngster who can barely kick a ball straight yet we can't let him go just incase.

1905didierblue likes this

Still, bringing them up whenever an under 23/24 leaves is tiresome. Like we could have a youngster who can barely kick a ball straight yet we can't let him go just incase.

We can, just insert buy-back clauses to prevent getting burnt again.  

Saying that, Pulisic was brought in for the present & future rather than those two.

Vesper likes this

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

In case of Salah, letting him leave was understandable. At the time he basically looked like Egyptian Walcott. De Bruyne, on the other hand, was very special from the moment he first kicked ball for this club. He was our best player during that 2013-14 preseason, and also man of the match in his PL debut game against Hull City if my memory serves me right. What happened after that game remains a mystery cause he was completely sidelined, played one crappy cup game and that was it.

communicate and Vesper like this

Great assist today, I do feel initially he'll be a good impact player from the bench, especially in situations like today when we're winning against a tired defence because his pace,  trickery and direct running can stretch teams and cause problems. 

He'll adapt and come good, I'm sure of it but it just takes some time.

3 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Do you see it being fixed HERE though?

Why not? Why does he have to be loaned out? You don't see suggestions on CHO, who is younger and has less experience than Pulisic, to be loaned out, do you? We obviously don't know what's going on behind the scene but assuming if things are a lot calmer and patient between the relevant parties than the mass hysteria outside, then I don't see what's the issue. Furthermore, it's not like we're 100% successful with all these loans anyway. A lot have sent the players backward rather than help them improve and move forward. 

Vesper likes this

5 minutes ago, communicate said:

High left mean another assist@Jason

Erm, is it a surprise? We were attacking, you would expect him to be in attacking positions. Would've been disappointed if he was hiding behind the ball. Moreover, it's not like he didn't drop deep and help the defence when needed. 

Vesper likes this

11 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Great assist today, I do feel initially he'll be a good impact player from the bench, especially in situations like today when we're winning against a tired defence because his pace,  trickery and direct running can stretch teams and cause problems. 

At the risk of starting the whole debate again, that's the thing I don't understand. Like okay, he shouldn't be starting games right now but you would think Lampard and co. would try to ease him in by bringing him on for 20-30 minutes here and there but that hasn't happened much. That's the more perplexing thing than him not starting at the moment, IMO. 

Supermonkey92 and Vesper like this

15 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Even if hypothetically that becomes his ceiling that would still be very good for us, after all it's squads that win titles.

He's a bit of a blank canvas right now, can see him becoming a pacey suber sub type player but equally could see him evolving to the level Mane and Sterling are currently at, usually I have an idea on what a young players ceiling is but with Pulisic I really can't call it.

communicate and Vesper like this

Erm, is it a surprise? We were attacking, you would expect him to be in attacking positions. Would've been disappointed if he was hiding behind the ball. Moreover, it's not like he didn't drop deep and help the defence when needed. 
He was playing high close to Tammy/michy basically waiting for their flick on. Just watch how high and how close to striker Puli play compare to Willian.

I said it before, you want puli to play more drop Mount or now drop Cho. He will produce.