test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

General Chelsea Stuff

Started by Unionjack,

344 posts in this topic
38 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Incredibly sad. I'm a big NFL fan, but never really got into NBA too much although I have an idea of what's going on, etc.

But even with my fairly limited knowledge, clearly one of the absolute best ever in basketball and as ridiculous as it may sound, on the short side too at 6ft 6, which only makes his achievements that more impressive.

As a father myself, heartbreaking too that one of his daughters was involved in the tragedy also.

Prayers and condolences to all those involved.

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

Watched a lot of NBA when I was younger, Lakers were my favourite because of Bryant and Shaq. Was my absolute favourite basketballer, it's like he was playing with cheat codes during his peak... the shots and dunks he pulled off so effortlessly were amazing. Sad day.

I will never fly a helicopter after all those accidents.

Vesper and Fulham Broadway like this

I've just watched the documentary about racism on the BBC Iplayer obviously racism is abhorrent that's a given and it is on the rise courtesy of the rabid right wing press and idiotic keyboard warriors. But on to the Chelsea part of the show well it's not exactly hold the front page news it's a handful of pissed up middle aged and old blokes singing anti Spurs songs. One of the geezers was singing a song about Martin Chivers who played for Spurs in the early 70's and he was the only one singing it I must admit I'd never heard it sung before and the bloke looks an absolute thundercunt.

You've only got to look at this forum to see that our support is worldwide and mostly young people and as someone who watched Chelsea when it was a breeding ground for racists these sort of old blockheads who follow Chelsea will soon be gone forever. Our away support is nearly all young people now which is great but our home support is the oldest in the league go to Stamford Bridge and you'll see nothing but bald blokes wearing glasses !.

It is noticeable that all incidents of racism occur when Chelsea play abroad. Something seems to happen to English people when they go abroad they turn into knuckle dragging xenophobes whether watching football or just going on holiday.

KNOCKOUT 

‘I had him worried at one time’ – When Jimmy Greaves interviewed Mike Tyson and took a punch in the ribs

https://talksport.com/football/671835/jimmy-greaves-interviewed-mike-tyson/

It’s not very often two titans from two completely different sports square off against each other.

But, back in 1988, football legend Jimmy Greaves faced up to Mike Tyson in the ring.

The Chelsea, Tottenham and England legend travelled to Catskill, New York just to get some time with The Baddest Man on the Planet who, at that point, had just won his 34th consecutive fight and was plotting a rumble with British star Frank Bruno.

After knocking out Tony Tubbs in Tokyo, Japan, to retain his WBA, WBC, and IBF heavyweight titles, Greaves was perhaps an unlikely opponent for Tyson.

Nevertheless, the greatest English striker ever – who turns 80 today – visited NYC to take on the 21-year-old boxing wonderkid as part of ITV’s fantastic coverage of the 1988 FA Cup final between Liverpool and Wimbledon.

And it’s a piece of TV gold as Greaves takes on The Champ – Jimmy even takes a few digs in the ribs too! Check it out below…

On 14/02/2020 at 10:55 AM, Iggy Doonican said:

I've just watched the documentary about racism on the BBC Iplayer obviously racism is abhorrent that's a given and it is on the rise courtesy of the rabid right wing press and idiotic keyboard warriors. But on to the Chelsea part of the show well it's not exactly hold the front page news it's a handful of pissed up middle aged and old blokes singing anti Spurs songs. One of the geezers was singing a song about Martin Chivers who played for Spurs in the early 70's and he was the only one singing it I must admit I'd never heard it sung before and the bloke looks an absolute thundercunt.

You've only got to look at this forum to see that our support is worldwide and mostly young people and as someone who watched Chelsea when it was a breeding ground for racists these sort of old blockheads who follow Chelsea will soon be gone forever. Our away support is nearly all young people now which is great but our home support is the oldest in the league go to Stamford Bridge and you'll see nothing but bald blokes wearing glasses !.

It is noticeable that all incidents of racism occur when Chelsea play abroad. Something seems to happen to English people when they go abroad they turn into knuckle dragging xenophobes whether watching football or just going on holiday.

Very true Iggs. Though I would take issue with the away games. Quite a lot of old cunts like myself when I go, though generally the demographic is right for home games. I know loads of old season ticket fuckers that would never go North of Watford, or even to the Emirates now. They have their bi weekly routine, same parking space, etc and don't want to deviate from it. 

Vesper and Iggy Doonican like this

12 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Very true Iggs. Though I would take issue with the away games. Quite a lot of old cunts like myself when I go, though generally the demographic is right for home games. I know loads of old season ticket fuckers that would never go North of Watford, or even to the Emirates now. They have their bi weekly routine, same parking space, etc and don't want to deviate from it. 

There are still old boys like us going away but there is definitely a lot of younger geezers going to away which is good. I believe Chelsea lost a generation of fans between 75-95. We were young then FB so we stayed but young fans tended to go for Spurs, Arsenal although not in the 80's for them Liverpool and United. Lets be honest Chelsea were not exactly a major pull for young fans then three relegations, hooliganism, racism, crumbling ground which was the most expensive in the country to get in.

Our reputation as well stopped a lot of younger fans going as well I know a couple of geezers who are QPR season ticket holders simply because their parents wouldn't let them go to Chelsea matches !.

3 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

There are still old boys like us going away but there is definitely a lot of younger geezers going to away which is good. I believe Chelsea lost a generation of fans between 75-95. We were young then FB so we stayed but young fans tended to go for Spurs, Arsenal although not in the 80's for them Liverpool and United. Lets be honest Chelsea were not exactly a major pull for young fans then three relegations, hooliganism, racism, crumbling ground which was the most expensive in the country to get in.

Our reputation as well stopped a lot of younger fans going as well I know a couple of geezers who are QPR season ticket holders simply because their parents wouldn't let them go to Chelsea matches !.

I think the away support is really fired up as well unlike at home, theres a really good vibe and as you say a lot of younger ones coming through that want a chat. I met some from Norfolk that were mates of the owner of this site :P

My mum wasnt allowed to go till she was older cause of the hoolligisam and all that...which both her olders brothers were a part of.

Whereas now they go with Grandchildren back then they use to go with metal poles.

Iggy Doonican and Vesper like this

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

Whereas now they go with Grandchildren back then they use to go with metal poles.

Quote of the day. My mate dave had a spring loaded cosh in his Harrington.

Vesper likes this

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

My mum wasnt allowed to go till she was older cause of the hoolligisam and all that...which both her olders brothers were a part of.

I can understand that completely as we did have a terrible reputation but to be honest going to the Bridge back in the day you'd rarely see trouble especially when we were in the 2nd division. We used to play teams like Oldham, Burnley, Carlisle who would bring about 50 fans down you'd be in the back of the Shed and even though it was a good distance away you could count them cause they were in the corner of the Northstand (MH now)

Different story away from home where we used to attract bread and butters from all over the place most of them not interested in football they weren't thugs just geezers who liked anarchy and smashing things up. I saw a bloke chuck ball bearings under a police horse at Plymouth once I mean who goes to football with the intention of doing that ?

5 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Quote of the day. My mate dave had a spring loaded cosh in his Harrington.

Anagram of the day Ladbrokes is an anagram of Broke Lads.

Fulham Broadway likes this

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

It's the total arrogance of these people that drives you mad and yet fair play to Klopp he answered this kid's letter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-northern-ireland-51590761/jurgen-klopp-tells-young-manchester-united-fan-i-can-t-make-liverpool-lose

Fulham Broadway likes this

On 21/02/2020 at 11:10 AM, Iggy Doonican said:

Think this is true.

There's no big football teams around here. Villa is probably the closest and that's an hour away.

When I started school in the early 90's I was the only Chelsea fan in my year, and I can't even remember there being any other Chelsea fans in the whole school. Most were jumping on the United glory train around this time, and the rest from what I can remember were Liverpool or Arsenal fans. Not many could understand why I was supporting a team scratching around the bottom half of the league.

The 94 cup final didn't help much either!