The FIFA Thread

Fulham Broadway

Question about the career mode. Why don't Champions Cup and Euro Cup happen until the second season? I lose interest after completing the first season (if I win the league title).

If you're losing interest after just one season then career mode isn't for you anyway. :rolleyes:

I play legendary difficulty, with a shite team in the lower leagues (in which I eventually turn into world beaters), that makes career mode challenging..

If you're losing interest after just one season then career mode isn't for you anyway. :rolleyes:

I play legendary difficulty with a shite team, that makes career mode challenging..

I play according to the dates of the fixtures, except for the first 3 or 4 games since the game doesn't get released until the 3rd or 4th week of real-life season. So yeah, I play one league match per week. It's my way of keeping interest for the entire season.

I play according to the dates of the fixtures, except for the first 3 or 4 games since the game doesn't get released until the 3rd or 4th week of real-life season. So yeah, I play one league match per week. It's my way of keeping interest for the entire season.

That's an odd way of playing.

The whole point of career mode is that you build teams, progress youth, win trophies etc. Only playing one season is against the whole point of the game. :doh:

That's an odd way of playing.

The whole point of career mode is that you build teams, progress youth, win trophies etc. Only playing one season is against the whole point of the game. :doh:

I like realism. I like the feel of anticipating a match each week. Then again, the accelerated clock is what keeps the game from being completely realistic. So I play 15 minute halves. 20 mnutes is just too long for the pace of this game, which results to high scorelines. What's your half length?

I tried playing after I won La Liga in my first season as Villarreal. But I just didn't have interest anymore. If I didn't win the league, I definitely would've played for another season. FWIW, Real had to lose their last match (which they did) for me to win the title. Let's just say that if FIFA didn't come out annually, I'd have more interest in completing all 15 seasons in career mode. For me, after winning a league title, I'm already thinking about next year's game. Plus, even if I wanted to complete all 15 seasons, I wouldn't have enough time. 38 league games plus other tournaments each season are too many for my schedule, unless of course if I play those shortened 6 minute halves or something. Maybe for FIFA 12, I'd set up a career mode where I play shortened matches whenever I have free time so I have enough time to finish the whole career.

I tried playing after I won La Liga in my first season

You've missed the point entirely. :doh:

Career mode is all about player development (players improve their rating each season, based on how much you play them etc), if you only play one season you miss the whole point of manager mode. In Fifa 12, ‘youth academy’ will be a new feature in the game, pretty much every feature in career mode is based on the fact you progress through seasons quickly.

I play 15 minute halves

You do realise the 6 minute half’s are not shortened, they are standard. Which means you specifically changed the game to 15 minutes in the settings, lmao.

30 minutes for one game is ridiculous, especially for career mode... it stops being 'realistic' when you have 23-17 score lines. :rolleyes:

Shortened compared to my preference of 15 minutes.

I simply asked why Champions Cup isn't available in the first season. You are right. The whole point of the manager mode is well...to act like a manager in real life for 15 seasons. Here's the thing, though, buddy: I do not give a flying fuck about player developments and all that shit. I do not have the time to play as Leyton Orient to turn them into the most feared club in the world. It was already a challenge for me to play as Villarreal in the two-horse race they call La Liga. I just want to play as Chelsea and Villarreal because they are my two favorite European clubs. Since there is no "Play as one club in one season to win titles and be able to buy and sell players" mode, the career mode is my only way to go.The hell with the player developments. I'm sorry if I'm not as good as you in this game...

But like I said, I'm gonna stop being "one-and-done" in FIFA 12. The new career mode features are interesting especially the egos of the players.

The real challenge of a manager mode is making a poor team good, or a good team great.

Hopefully FIFA 12 will sort out the issue of player growth, players like Raul Albiol improve by five-to-six points inside a couple of seasons but then players like Kakuta stay the same for years.

I played around 15 matches and I have to say that I'm absolutely amazed by new Fifa. I'd recommend the demo to anyone who likes football, it's really great. I really like the new defending. Impact engine is just sick, it makes the game feel much more fluid and smooth. Also, they optimized the engine on PC so that it runs really smoothly. Fifa 11 worked fine on my PC, but there was some stuttering and game lag, but Fifa 12 works absolutely perfect.

I played around 15 matches and I have to say that I'm absolutely amazed by new Fifa. I'd recommend the demo to anyone who likes football, it's really great. I really like the new defending. Impact engine is just sick, it makes the game feel much more fluid and smooth. Also, they optimized the engine on PC so that it runs really smoothly. Fifa 11 worked fine on my PC, but there was some stuttering and game lag, but Fifa 12 works absolutely perfect.

The PC version works? I've read EA took it away from the download section because it has too many bugs so people can't even install it...