Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

But Luiz "takes" it to the extreme. One game he looks world class and the next, he looks like an absolute disaster. Plus, Luiz sometimes lets his emotion take over him. 
We have no perfect skipper in the squad, not even close, but if what has been reported about Azpi is true, then he's not the least worst of the bunch.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

To be honest, all this talk of changing the captain is pointless really. When a team has no leaders, it has no leaders. Giving the armband to Player A instead of Player B will change nothing. People talk of Terry being a great leader, sure he was but he also had other leaders with him - Cech, Lampard, Drogba etc. When one lets the standard drop, another will give a kick up the arse. This current side doesn't have that many leaders, if any at all. 

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Passing the armband to someone who blows hot and cold is hardly inspiring. 

Having Azpi as your captain is seriously flawed, imagine trying to implement a new style and mindset of attacking football. While your current captain is so poorly conditioned in that type of football. 

It is equivalent of the blind leading the blind, actually it is worse in fact. 

Just now, Clockwork said:

Having Azpi as your captain is seriously flawed, imagine trying to implement a new style and mindset of attacking football. While your current captain is so poorly conditioned in that type of football. 

It is equivalent of the blind leading the blind, actually it is worse in fact. 

You might have a point but that's assuming Sarri stays on. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea’s Spanish contingent of Cesar Azpilicueta, Pedro and Marcos Alonso are all backing Arrizabalaga over Sarri.

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/three-chelsea-players-who-backed-kepa-arrizabalaga-vs-maurizio-sarri/

We really need to get rid of these 'contigents'. Only large group that should exist at an English club is the group of English players. Nothing good comes if a third of the squad is Spanish or French or Italian or Portuguese speaking. There should be a diverse group of players from different nationalities so they are all forced to communicate in the local language.

And besides, none of those players is good enough to start right now so they should all be benched.

6 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

We really need to get rid of these 'contigents'. Only large group that should exist at an English club is the group of English players. Nothing good comes if a third of the squad is Spanish or French or Italian or Portuguese speaking. There should be a diverse group of players from different nationalities so they are all forced to communicate in the local language.

And besides, none of those players is good enough to start right now so they should all be benched.

Up until VERY lately I would never have agreed in the past 20 years

But just MAYBE a strong core of English may help. I'm still not sure.

This leads to a problem. HG players are getting more and more expensive. And GOOD ONES are few and far between.

This MIGHT be a time to use the academy PURELY to help the 1st team. Not fill it with loads and loads for the loan army but to cherry pick the best players we can get to put in it. And aim for very good HG..

Make a proper path for the academy players to take. Either in the 1st team training, a 2 year loan or sell them. No loan after loan. Just in or out.

This picture shows wjat I meant about Luiz talking to Arri behind his hand and them knowing exactly what the crack was! There was no misunderstanding!

Look at his face! Is he bollocks telling him to get off!

gettyimages-1127424360-e1551190313733.jp

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Up until VERY lately I would never have agreed in the past 20 years

But just MAYBE a strong core of English may help. I'm still not sure.

This leads to a problem. HG players are getting more and more expensive. And GOOD ONES are few and far between.

This MIGHT be a time to use the academy PURELY to help the 1st team. Not fill it with loads and loads for the loan army but to cherry pick the best players we can get to put in it. And aim for very good HG..

Make a proper path for the academy players to take. Either in the 1st team training, a 2 year loan or sell them. No loan after loan. Just in or out.

This picture shows wjat I meant about Luiz talking to Arri behind his hand and them knowing exactly what the crack was! There was no misunderstanding!

Look at his face! Is he bollocks telling him to get off!

gettyimages-1127424360-e1551190313733.jp

I just been sat here trying to get them lines on my face to do that and I can only it it if am angry shouting or smiling lol

No punishment for Kepa is truly shocking. This is the worst a player can behave on the pitch. You can never punish a player than and everybody can run over you. This is the only message you give: "Treat me like sh*t and I will make you king.".

Mind = Blown

31 minutes ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

No punishment for Kepa is truly shocking. This is the worst a player can behave on the pitch. You can never punish a player than and everybody can run over you. This is the only message you give: "Treat me like sh*t and I will make you king.".

Mind = Blown

In modern football the punishment depends on how expendable players are.

Keeping to us for two examples, Ashley Cole got away with shooting a college student while Mutu was binned for dabbling in cocaine.

Kepa is indespensible due to not only his price tag but the fact he's vastly superior to any alternative behind him, a fine of wages and public apology is about the best that can be done realistically speaking.

24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

In modern football the punishment depends on how expendable players are.

Keeping to us for two examples, Ashley Cole got away with shooting a college student while Mutu was binned for dabbling in cocaine.

Kepa is indespensible due to not only his price tag but the fact he's vastly superior to any alternative behind him, a fine of wages and public apology is about the best that can be done realistically speaking.

agree. Sarri must think to win matches now, not to do philosophy 

the board has already punished him 

23 hours ago, Jason said:

Hodgson gave by far the most level-headed assessment of the incident. Was Kepa's reaction the best? No but there was clearly some confusion over what was going on at that moment on Sunday and as long as Kepa showed remorse and promised to not react like that again in the talk with Sarri and the club, then I don't see what would the point be in going for the kill here and drag this drama any further. 

I struggle so much with stuff like this, maybe it's my military back ground i dunno but the way I've lived my life is my NCOs word is final and I have to respect that. I don't agree with all the orders but I do them any way because that's my damn job. The lack of disapline not just at this club but football in general is a damn right disgrace. Even if this was a misunderstanding as soon as his number came up he should of got the fuck of the field regardless.

Every paper has a different story, I don’t really see why anyone’s bothering to get angry about pure speculation.
I’m glad we’ve got a match tonight so we can move on from this story that none of us know the truth about and probably never will.

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Every paper has a different story, I don’t really see why anyone’s bothering to get angry about pure speculation.
I’m glad we’ve got a match tonight so we can move on from this story that none of us know the truth about and probably never will.

Pretty much where I stand atm. Hopefully this is all put to bed now.