Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

SARRI 'WAITING' ON NEW MIDFIELDER

Maurizio Sarri had hoped to make two signings this month. Only Gonzalo Higuain has arrived so far, on loan from Juventus, and the head coach is keen to recruit a replacement for Cesc Fabregas, who has left for Monaco.

Sarri added: "I thought for us it was important to have two players. One has arrived. I am waiting for the other.

"If he will arrive, I will be very happy, otherwise I have to work with these players. It's not a big problem for me."

Ethan Ampadu was deployed in the central midfield position where Jorginho is first choice, but the 18-year-old Wales international fared poorly, Sarri said.

Higuain made his debut against Wednesday, afterwards telling Sarri "they are so aggressive". Sarri told him it was "normal".

Sarri could offer no clarification on the futures of midfielderDanny Drinkwater or defender Gary Cahill, who are both out of favour.

15 minutes ago, mccg said:

Sarri could offer no clarification on the futures of midfielderDanny Drinkwater or defender Gary Cahill, who are both out of favour.

I really don't get Sarri's decision to stick with Cahill as captain if he's just going to freeze him out of the team completely. 

Chelsea want £6m loan fee for star to leave this week after angering Maurizio Sarri

ANDREAS CHRISTENSEN is keen to leave Chelsea before Thursday with Juventus and Borussia Dortmund lining up bids.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea want £6m loan fee for star to leave this week after angering Maurizio Sarri

ANDREAS CHRISTENSEN is keen to leave Chelsea before Thursday with Juventus and Borussia Dortmund lining up bids.

They would be mad to let him leave esp on loan..with cahill not an option wr have only 2 real cbs and would not a replacement 2 days beofore the deadline. Aame with zappacosta. Weakening the squad further is just dumb af. Stupid stupid board

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

It's Daily Shit. They used the incident from the Arsenal game, which Sarri has brushed aside. If Sarri's really pissed at him, he wouldn't have played Christensen at the weekend, would he? :doh: 

Fuck the board, fuck Sarri

for ONLY £31.5m

we could have been set for next 8 years or so, at least partially

at striker

debut (and only 1st half)

c5003f6dace27e2ceb688053be01b892.png

yep, he really looks a bang average (lets see what else was said) high risk, unproven, fluke goal scoring, small team playing piece of shit:rant:

first 27 minutes he scored more goals than Higuain has since October

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Fuck the board, fuck Sarri

for ONLY £31.5m

we could have been set for next 8 years or so, at least partially

at striker

debut (and only 1st half)

c5003f6dace27e2ceb688053be01b892.png

yep, he really looks a bang average (lets see what else was said) high risk, unproven, fluke goal scoring, small team playing piece of shit:rant:

first 27 minutes he scored more goals than Higuain has since October

He was never going to drop his red hot form suddenly just because he changed team in the same League I'd wait until next season to see if this is true and for own mental state it better not be :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Nicco said:

He was never going to drop his red hot form suddenly just because he changed team in the same League I'd wait until next season to see if this is true and for own mental state it better not be :ph34r:

I don't normally do a rash, juvenile tweet driveby style post, but FFS

this shit pisses me off

Higuain BETTER come good in a HUGE way or I hope Sarri is tossed out on his chain-smoking arse!!

6 hours ago, Jason said:

I really don't get Sarri's decision to stick with Cahill as captain if he's just going to freeze him out of the team completely. 

Be pretty bold to strip the longest serving player of the captaincy, even though hes hardly featured. Could go down badly in dressing room as everyone undoubtly has a huge deal of respect for Gary for what hes achieved here.

Would you of expected Conte to do it to JT when he didnt play? Or strip Brana of vice captaincy when he didnt play either for months before he left? 

Dont see the issue, really. Cahill is deservedly club captain and will go out as club captain due to his longevity here and experience. All the talk of Sarrk making Eden captain in the summer was odd, particularly even more recently after all the comments Sarri made recently about him being an individual more than a leader too or whatever it was.

Azpi is definitely going to be club captain when Cahill goes permanently and will be the same for him if he does play or doesnt.

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I don't normally do a rash, juvenile tweet driveby style post, but FFS

this shit pisses me off

Higuain BETTER come good in a HUGE way or I hope Sarri is tossed out on his chain-smoking arse!!

As long as we get top 4 it's a win win for us. He either sucks and we cut his loan short and get another striker or he starts banging them and we get him for another year.

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Board didn't have balls to go with Piatek I guess.

It also amazed me how some of us here thought he was a one season wonder.

Yet they want to give an unproven, hit and miss yoof a starting spot.

Strange how some peeps think.

We should be doing EVERYTHING possible to bring in a top shit hot striker. Paying how ever much it takes to get them and tie them up in golden handcuffs with a 5 year contract.