Edin Dzeko

the wes

One of my favourite centre forwards for the past 7-8 years to be honest. Never in the flashlights but a cool presence in front of goal and always delivered for City. I can still remember Mourinho tipping him for POTY after scoring one goal less than Aguero in that 13/14 City season and although I hate the bloke I cannot agree more with him. Granted it is almost four years since then, I think that Dzeko still has at least this half a season and the next one, too, at the very highest level.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

As some have alluded to, had we gotten Dzeko 4-5 years ago, it would have been an excellent signing. Not too sure about now but he should be a decent back up.

Am curious about one thing though. He is the first choice striker at Roma but he's willing to leave that to join us, where he may potentially be second choice? Or has he been promised regular game time?

Surely as someone who payed for years in the PL he knows how often teams have to rotate. He'll know that he should get plenty of game time. I actually think he'd start more games than people think he will.

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

Am curious about one thing though. He is the first choice striker at Roma but he's willing to leave that to join us, where he may potentially be second choice? Or has he been promised regular game time?

This move and the role he would have at Chelsea, rotating with Morata, could extend his career for a few years. You have to consider this when you are almost 32. At Roma he is playing every game for 90 minutes in a team that isnt offensively very good, they create very little especially compared to last season when they scored for fun and were a totally different team. So there is huge pressure on him to score, which is not easy.

Plus I believe he thinks there is a trophy or two more to be won in his career, something he wont be able to do in Rome.

On the other hand, it really is a shame he wont be eligible for the CL. 

51 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Surely as someone who payed for years in the PL he knows how often teams have to rotate. He'll know that he should get plenty of game time. I actually think he'd start more games than people think he will.

Agreed. We can't base game time compared to Bats, or the likes of Remy in the past because the drop off between them and our first choice striker has been so high, that managers have been reluctant to rotate too much up front.

There will no longer be that drop off between Dzeko and Morata. Both have different playing styles which will hopefully suit different situations and give Conte options but I wouldn't worry seeing either of the two starting games or replacing the other during a game. 

I'm not so sure it could only be 2 years of good football in him. The player I see in these Youtube hilights from this season he seens fast,strong and very passionate about playing/scoring/winning.

I would't truly mind if he was a starter over Morata. Gives him something to work for. Or will he be paart of 352? Can he play RAM? He miht be a great target with Eden for Rossy? No matter really where he goes it can only be a plus for us.

I'm still not having a party in my pants yet as theres no ink on the contract but I hope there will be.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

As some have alluded to, had we gotten Dzeko 4-5 years ago, it would have been an excellent signing. Not too sure about now but he should be a decent back up.

I think he’s coming as second choice. I think Roma we’re looking to sell him in the summer (they have Schick now) but realised that they’ll get more money in January for him. Given that, at about £20m it’s a decent transfer. 

Everything but fee and his inability to play in CL is perfect about this transfer.

But I guess january brings extra 5-10m on table, so its not awful.

I was hoping we bring Etoo esque striker and he is exactly that. Experienced, proven, but still quality player. He will be good competition for Morata, and wont hinder Tammy progress. 

9 minutes ago, Blusan Alamb said:

It will be interesting to see the length of contract Dzeko gets. As far as I know, we have a very strict rule regarding 30+ players. Our board even refused to give a contract to our legends for more than one year when they were above 30.

I swear Lampard, JT and Drogba all got big contracts at around that age? I think the reason they weren't offered longer one's post 2010 was more down to the fact they weren't that good anymore.

40 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think the reason they weren't offered longer one's post 2010 was more down to the fact they weren't that good anymore.

I think we should add compared to their best. Lamps I thimk scored 8 his last season and helped Shitty (scoring against us ffs - sadness) with another 8 goals the next. Same with Drogs. Think he had 12/13 didn't he? Tho I was upset we brought him back cause I suspected he wouldn't be at his best  But think he still had 8 ishhh?

But I think our 30 rule is outdated. It should be purely on an individual basis. Top players now stay fit into their 30s and depending on them are as fit as ever. Soecially it seems defenders. Most top defenders round the world are 30+.

So Id have no qualms of giving him 2/3 years.

I dont watch European football as a rule but my eyes will be watching Inter v Roma tonight to see how/IF those 2 play!!

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I think we should add compared to their best. Lamps I thimk scored 8 his last season and helped Shitty (scoring against us ffs - sadness) with another 8 goals the next. Same with Drogs. Think he had 12/13 didn't he? Tho I was upset we brought him back cause I suspected he wouldn't be at his best  But think he still had 8 ishhh?

But I think our 30 rule is outdated. It should be purely on an individual basis. Top players now stay fit into their 30s and depending on them are as fit as ever. Soecially it seems defenders. Most top defenders round the world are 30+.

So Id have no qualms of giving him 2/3 years.

I dont watch European football as a rule but my eyes will be watching Inter v Roma tonight to see how/IF those 2 play!!

Surely they wont play if they are coming here. Injures etc 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You