Aleksandr Golovin

the wes

29 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just trying not to get too excited because I'm still worried Juve/United/Bayern or someone comes in for him and offers much more £££ + CL football.

Nothing they can do if Roman gets involved. Russian oligarchy is well structured and CSKA Moscow's owner will help his brother 100 times out of 100. 

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

What's most exciting about him is how much better he should look in an attacking team who want to take the game to their opponents. Russia basically set up like a Mourinho/Pulis coached side. Defend for your life and knock it long to the big #9. Golovin has performed very well in a team that doesn't even play to his strengths. Alongside two top midfielders and in a Sarri coached side I think he can be awesome.

Just trying not to get too excited because I'm still worried Juve/United/Bayern or someone comes in for him and offers much more £££ + CL football.

Thats how I feel mate

I know that its only one player which in the big picture its not much but its difficult not to let your feelings go overboard when we haven't had anything to get excited about in ages.

But when you take a step back and look at us. And IF the things that are APPARENTLY being worked on comes off, we might have at least the start of putting something good together.

Rugani and,Golo should be excellent signings. We add a playmaker like Seri or Kovacic. A,Willi upgrade like Pulisic or Martial, Morata replacement like Higuain,Lewa, etc and we then have the makings of a team that can do good things..

Now throw in a good Tibo replacement like Alisson and if necessary a Eden switch like Asensio and we become real contenders.

But you put them with an attack minded manager and  I'd have difficulty not to involuntarily emit some sex juice.

29 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Nothing they can do if Roman gets involved. Russian oligarchy is well structured and CSKA Moscow's owner will help his brother 100 times out of 100. 

I mean, that our owner is mates with CSKA's should certainly help things, but they can't force him to come here if he doesn't want to. 

3 hours ago, the wes said:

Wow sign him up fabregas can't even covered 16km in five games for Chelsea never mind one game and extra time 

Fabregas actually covers a lot of ground, he's just not very tactful defensively.

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Fabregas actually covers a lot of ground, he's just not very tactful defensively.

Yeah his work rate has never been a problem, his tactical discipline and speed across the first 5-10m is the problem.

You know what makes me roll around laughing.  These Chelsea fans on twitter saying "Mount >>>> Golovin all day"

1. You barely watched Mount play for Vitesse in the Eredivisie (hardly a tough league in reality) you have just seen the tweets when he played well

2. You have barely watched Golovin outside the World Cup.  Juventus, Barcelona, us, Madrid, Arsenal all supposedly in for him, but yeh Mount must be better.

I despise the way we overhype our youngsters after they have a purple patch.  In the last few years it's gone from Musonda, to Boga, to CHO, to Mount  all because they had a few good games on loan.  Winds me right up. They change their mind on our next young superstars like the weather.  These are the same people who raved about Dujon Sterling for a month or so, and then stopped. They raved about Abraham after a decent loan at Bristol city, he went to Swansea and wow, suddenly they arent so keen.   

6 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

You know what makes me roll around laughing.  These Chelsea fans on twitter saying "Mount >>>> Golovin all day"

1. You barely watched Mount play for Vitesse in the Eredivisie (hardly a tough league in reality) you have just seen the tweets when he played well

2. You have barely watched Golovin outside the World Cup.  Juventus, Barcelona, us, Madrid, Arsenal all supposedly in for him, but yeh Mount must be better.

I despise the way we overhype our youngsters after they have a purple patch.  In the last few years it's gone from Musonda, to Boga, to CHO, to Mount  all because they had a few good games on loan.  Winds me right up. They change their mind on our next young superstars like the weather.  These are the same people who raved about Dujon Sterling for a month or so, and then stopped. They raved about Abraham after a decent loan at Bristol city, he went to Swansea and wow, suddenly they arent so keen.   

I actually agree with you in general and have voiced it numerous times, but Mount is the real deal and the best prospect we have had in a long long time.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

I actually agree with you in general and have voiced it numerous times, but Mount is the real deal and the best prospect we have had in a long long time.

Until he proves it at top level, he is nothing. 

Right now the biggest prospect we have is RLC who actualy had good season in PL. 

I hope Mount and CHO make it at Chelsea, but their talent is far from enough. If they have the right mentality, they might actualy have a chance. 

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Until he proves it at top level, he is nothing. 

Right now the biggest prospect we have is RLC who actualy had good season in PL. 

I hope Mount and CHO make it at Chelsea, but their talent is far from enough. If they have the right mentality, they might actualy have a chance. 

By the same token you can argue RLC season means little as how many players have come to us or another big club from mid table teams and flopped, one of which being the best player at the club Ruben was at last season. Mount is a far bigger prospect than RLC and ive seen more than enough of both to come to that conclusion.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

By the same token you can argue RLC season means little as how many players have come to us or another big club from mid table teams and flopped, one of which being the best player at the club Ruben was at last season. Mount is a far bigger prospect than RLC and ive seen more than enough of both to come to that conclusion.

In terms of what? Pure talent?

McEachran was incredibly gifted too. But he didnt have the right set of mentality aswell the club didnt trust him enough.

To me the biggest prospect is the one who has most chances to make it here and become important player. Real life is all about being in right place at right time and take advantage of situation. Players with lesser talent jumped over very talented ones because they had other abilites.

I have seen enough players with huge talent who failed. I have stopped judging players based on their talent. 

Look at the facts. Ruben has proven himself as promosing player in PL, one of key things our club looks after. Baker had amazing season in vitesse too, didnt work out. Tammy had great season in Championship, but so far not good in PL. 

Right here, Ruben is a step ahead. He has impressed enough to be even called in English squad in WC and even played two games as starter. He is becoming a player with certain reputation that the club cant ignore. Dont even look at his "talent" or "potential". He made it this far and the furthest of any chelsea youth in ages, maybe closest is Bertrand.

You look only at talent and potential I guess. Mount is super talented. Musonda is too, so was McEachran. 

But it wasnt enough. Bertrand wasnt extra talent, but he made his way and if anyone, he would be the closest to a starter of all products we made over past few years and thats all what matters. 

Biggest prospect. I see that as someone with most chances making it here. 

Ruben has already gained quite some experience over past year. His reputation is rising. Yes, maybe he will never be world class player, but he has right now the most tools to make it as a chelsea player.

The experience and reputation is making him the bigger player who will need game time and we will have to give it to him or he will leave. 

Yes its then up to him to grab it, but he is at very high stage of getting into our team. Mount? He only had a good season in vitesse that NO ONE AT THE CLUB SEEMS TO CARE (if it was different, Baker would be in plans last summer, but he was loaned to Championship, not even PL). 

Talent wise, Mount is very likely bigger talent than RLC. But prospect as in playing one day for Chelsea? Right now no. RLC is physicaly ready which is number one thing and while mentality, he isnt realy impressive, he managed to impress Southgate to pick him and he managed to impress Palace coaches to actualy play him, something many of our prospects fail to do in Championship, nevermind PL. 

As for level of Eredivisie, its low, very low. 

Once Mason impresses on higher level, and club actualy recognizes that, we may discuss further. 

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Ruben has proven himself as promosing player in PL

Hes been OK at a small club like Palace but still didn't set the world on fire. I really cant see what the hype is. What am I missing?

Him playing for England only shows the lack of decent English CMs there are.

IF Sarri sees SOMETHING in him I don't right now then I'll get behind him and give him my support but I would much prefer us to bring in Golo and a playmaker like Kovacic or Seri Maybe even give Barkley a chance if we are going to be tight fisted.

I really cant imagine this is true but if it is I'd be fuckin furious

Chelsea transfer news: Aleksandr Golovin in line for shock loan AFTER joining Blues

CHELSEA transfer target Aleksandr Golovin could be loaned straight out to Vitesse Arnhem once he joins the Blues this summer.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/983150/Chelsea-transfer-news-Aleksandr-Golovin-shock-move-Vitesse-loan-rumours-gossip

Heres the Dutch media

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/russische-wk-ster-golovin-in-beeld-bij-vitesse

Just now, Unionjack said:

I really cant imagine this is true but if it is I'd be fuckin furious

Chelsea transfer news: Aleksandr Golovin in line for shock loan AFTER joining Blues

CHELSEA transfer target Aleksandr Golovin could be loaned straight out to Vitesse Arnhem once he joins the Blues this summer.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/983150/Chelsea-transfer-news-Aleksandr-Golovin-shock-move-Vitesse-loan-rumours-gossip

Heres the Dutch media

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/russische-wk-ster-golovin-in-beeld-bij-vitesse

Lolllll

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Hes been OK at a small club like Palace but still didn't set the world on fire. I really cant see what the hype is. What am I missing?

Him playing for England only shows the lack of decent English CMs there are.

IF Sarri sees SOMETHING in him I don't right now then I'll get behind him and give him my support but I would much prefer us to bring in Golo and a playmaker like Kovacic or Seri Maybe even give Barkley a chance if we are going to be tight fisted.

All Im saying he is the first chelsea product to succeed in PL after Bertrand. We both agree he isnt ridiculously talented and his mentality is questionable, but so far it worked for him.

He will never be the same level like Iniesta or Xavi midfield star, but he can easily become something like Dembele.

I dont know why people love to just look at our youth talent, if they can be one of world best and make judgement. Like Mason is very talented, he will be a star. Musonda was talented, he will be a star. McEachran was talented,  he will be a star. Bertrand meanwhile wasnt anything realy special, but was the one to make it and would still be better RB than anything we had since Cole.

Being physicaly fit, being injury free, having mentality and desire to play week in week out is what will make you a good player. Extra talent will make you great player. But without the former, you can have all the talent, he will never suceed without physical and mental atributes. And RLC has that right now. Thats all Im saying. I never said he will be great player or had seriously impressive season. But he did have good season in PL, something our extremely talented youth players never managed to achieve.

Forget the hype, no one is talking about hype and RLC being super talent. All Im saying is he as of right now has made largest jump of our youth players and is actualy playing in PL. Mount for all his talent he has, means jack shit sorry. Same with Odoi or Musonda. I would love them to succeed but the only ''hype'' is around those players because all they did was play in youth sections and netherlands, and people consider them future GOATs already.

If anything else, fantastic talents completely flopped in PL/championship. To succeed in PL is first step to become good player. RLC made that step, now we will see what is his ceiling and how capable he can become by playing week in week out.

We should appreciate it more that one of our academy actualy broke through. At least RLC will be midftable player going by the predictions right now. At least, could be even great one day. Mason has talent to be much better, same with Odoi, but until those two actualy make something in PL or any of top 5 league first divisions, they are not even fit to play in bottom PL team, nevermind in top team and they can have all the talent in the world.

Everyone wants our academy to produce the next Messi, Hazard, Lampard,...I would be more than happy to have someone in squad like Lingard at United, someone who came through academy and just enjoys playing for the club and is valuable asset, despite not having greatest skills. It would be a start.

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

All Im saying he is the first chelsea product to succeed in PL after Bertrand. We both agree he isnt ridiculously talented and his mentality is questionable, but so far it worked for him.

He will never be the same level like Iniesta or Xavi midfield star, but he can easily become something like Dembele.

I dont know why people love to just look at our youth talent, if they can be one of world best and make judgement. Like Mason is very talented, he will be a star. Musonda was talented, he will be a star. McEachran was talented,  he will be a star. Bertrand meanwhile wasnt anything realy special, but was the one to make it and would still be better RB than anything we had since Cole.

Being physicaly fit, being injury free, having mentality and desire to play week in week out is what will make you a good player. Extra talent will make you great player. But without the former, you can have all the talent, he will never suceed without physical and mental atributes. And RLC has that right now. Thats all Im saying. I never said he will be great player or had seriously impressive season. But he did have good season in PL, something our extremely talented youth players never managed to achieve.

Forget the hype, no one is talking about hype and RLC being super talent. All Im saying is he as of right now has made largest jump of our youth players and is actualy playing in PL. Mount for all his talent he has, means jack shit sorry. Same with Odoi or Musonda. I would love them to succeed but the only ''hype'' is around those players because all they did was play in youth sections and netherlands, and people consider them future GOATs already.

If anything else, fantastic talents completely flopped in PL/championship. To succeed in PL is first step to become good player. RLC made that step, now we will see what is his ceiling and how capable he can become by playing week in week out.

We should appreciate it more that one of our academy actualy broke through. At least RLC will be midftable player going by the predictions right now. At least, could be even great one day. Mason has talent to be much better, same with Odoi, but until those two actualy make something in PL or any of top 5 league first divisions, they are not even fit to play in bottom PL team, nevermind in top team and they can have all the talent in the world.

Everyone wants our academy to produce the next Messi, Hazard, Lampard,...I would be more than happy to have someone in squad like Lingard at United, someone who came through academy and just enjoys playing for the club and is valuable asset, despite not having greatest skills. It would be a start.

Aye. OK. Hear ya.

And kinda agree. I just dont know if we have the luxury RIGHT NOW to keep him at the Bridge. I dont see him as good enough to be part of our CM STARTERS and he won't be satisfied to be on the bench fighting to be in the 1st team.

I would love sometime to be a comfortable mid table club. No pressures on fighting for promotion or relegation. Even just for a couple of years while a new manager takes over with a new system being implemented.

We could experiment bringing whatever cherrty picked youth we fancied. Try out different positions etc.

But of course our owner would never let that happen and allot of our spoiled fans would start screaming for the managers head on a stick

I dunno what the answer is with RLC, Whether he will progress or not. But i do agree he has done best out of our academy so far. I'm also at a loss as to WHY our academy dont progress and make a name for themselves after our youth teams win everything there is to win.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You