test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

xPetrCechx

Danny Drinkwater

Started by xPetrCechx,

633 posts in this topic

Id still much prefer Sanches if we get an option to buy. not convinced this deal will happen but if its 25-30 for a 27 yr old b2b HG midfielder who helped anchor a PL winning side, id happily take it. he might not be spectacular but he could help us win the PL and i would feel more than comfortable as a depth option no matter who his partner would be.

Baka > Matic

Drinkwater > Chalobah

Chelsea? and Tomo like this

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

If we are looking  drinkwater to replace Chalobah why not use Christensen or Baker has the 4th choice midfielder and save money ffs 

because Baker can't play b2b and is defensively liable. and Christensen might have the skills but thats a massive role and dangerous counting on a young player out of position for an increased schedule. 

Chelsea? likes this

1 minute ago, akgw13 said:

because Baker can't play b2b and is defensively liable. and Christensen might have the skills but thats a massive role and dangerous counting on a young player out of position for an increased schedule. 

Christensen has played there a few times for Borussia Monchegladbach and Christensen has CL experience aswell

1 minute ago, the wes said:

Christensen has played there a few times for Borussia Monchegladbach and Christensen has CL experience aswell

I understand that, but a few isn't alot. He needs to focus on understanding Contes Idea of CB before he attempts to fill in at CM. Some fans online want multiple massive signings which isnt realistic. I would welcome drinkwater happily for 25m and feel comfortable with him. Baka is our CM stud signing, if we can convince Bayern to let go of Sanches then we will truly be spoiled, if not ill take drinkwater and feel confident when he is on the field.  

the wes likes this

21 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

No stop gaps please, just spend the god damn money on someone who can actually play there and properly.

August 1st what kind of player you think we might get now ? think  you mentioned it before about the board having no direction or plans?

1 hour ago, the wes said:

how did he do? 

I sometimes come here and question what exactly people think Chelsea Football Club stands for. So because Christensen made a few appearances for Gladbach in midfield, now all of a sudden he's good enough to fulfill that role at Chelsea? 

I read this stuff and laugh on the daily.

Tomo likes this

He seems like gary cahill. If Drinkwater comes to Chelsea he can be new John terry . 

52 minutes ago, Kompela said:

He seems like gary cahill. If Drinkwater comes to Chelsea he can be new John terry . 

Terry was a CB drinkwater is a CM, am struggling here man help me......

2 hours ago, the wes said:

If we are looking  drinkwater to replace Chalobah why not use Christensen or Baker has the 4th choice midfielder and save money ffs 

Or we just have to let Chalobah stay. Buying Drinkwater for 40m to replace Chalobah. Never sounds right to me.

xPetrCechx and the wes like this

£40m for him must be a joke, it must. More than that, he is not Chelsea quality and shouldn't even be on any shortlist. Pathetic if we sign him for that money, would be absolutely p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c.

laura90 and Chelsea? like this

I keep struggling to come to terms with the fact that Chelsea wants to sign Drinkwater or He will cost us 40m when we can get a quality player ala Milinkovic Savic...

Sad times...

laura90 likes this

30 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Or we just have to let Chalobah stay. Buying Drinkwater for 40m to replace Chalobah. Never sounds right to me.

Chalobah WANTED to leave, the club didn't just sell him because he was surplus to the requirements. He left because he wants to play regularly.

Miguelito likes this

he aint a bad player..reminds me of John Bumstead.sort of player that is the glue for the glitter. but yeah,only really at cut price deal should we be considering him..if it was January and his contract was about to expire in the summer so we get him on the cheap. but not now. we do need more English but there`s other options. 

47 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

I feel like "don't let him leave" would be the correct wording here, it's not like we axed him, he wanted to go.

RoyalBlues likes this