test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

xPetrCechx

Danny Drinkwater

Started by xPetrCechx,

633 posts in this topic
18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Tbf, there's a lot worse squad players around, a lot worse. Whether he is an upgrade on Matic is highly questionable but my word he is a huge, huge upgrade on Chalobah.

Right now, he prob is better than Drinkwater however in future, Chalobah will easily surpass him imo. I rate Chalobah highly and believe once he plays in the PL regularly he will get into that England team sooner than later.

3 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Conte was able to keep Vidal + Marchisio + Pogba + Pirlo happy.

TBF, Juve played 3-5-2. So always had 3 CM playing.

21 minutes ago, Stats said:

Right now, he prob is better than Drinkwater however in future, Chalobah will easily surpass him imo. I rate Chalobah highly and believe once he plays in the PL regularly he will get into that England team sooner than later.

Im not convinced, i haven't seen anything in Nate that scream's top flight player, he's  had 3 top flight team's and barely got a look in anytime.

in my opinion he found his level back at Watford the first time (upper Championship player, maybe lower prem at a push). Guess we will find out.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Im not convinced, i haven't seen anything in Nate that scream's top flight player, he's  had 3 top flight team's and barely got a look in anytime.

in my opinion he found his level back at Watford the first time (upper Championship player, maybe lower prem at a push). Guess we will find out.

I agree with you. I find this Chalobah mania between other Chelsea fans very weird, if he wasn't part of our youth setup no one would rate him IMO

Tomo likes this

4 minutes ago, Stats said:

TBF, Juve played 3-5-2. So always had 3 CM playing.

I thought that Conte used this formation a few times last season (the regular Pedro for Fabs switch).  We get linked with a lot of versatile players, it looked to me like Conte wanted some flexibility.  There were a lot of matches where we didn't control the midfield very well and in the CL, that would be magnified.  Even in his 352, the combination of players would often be suited to the match at hand.

We'll see what happens.  I have to assume that there was a plan before selling Nate and Matic. 

I actually laughed out loud when I read that we are linked with this guy. He was pretty decent when Leicester won thr league but he isn't going to improve our squad one bit. 

3 minutes ago, lucashm said:

I agree with you. I find this Chalobah mania between other Chelsea fans very weird, if he wasn't part of our youth setup no one would rate him IMO

Imagine if he was owned by Burnley, dropped due to poor display's then sold to Napoli still barely played yet we signed him? The reaction to the Papy deal would have been pretty meek in comparison :lol:

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

As stated above, he will be replacing Nate, Matic has already been replaced.

That doesn't disregard the fact Chelsea need another CM in the mould of Fabregas or Tolisso. 

Drinkwater, Kante, Bakayoko.. that's 3 defensive CMs. What kind of squad building is this?   

You could sell me on this idea if the wingbacks were World Class, but they're not. We're clearly not getting Sandro and we're linked to fucking Antonio Candreva as RWB.  

Wow. 

IfTop wingbacks and a Top (RW or CM) are not attained. This will be a very difficult and poor season for the Blues. 

Fabregas, Hazard, Pedro, Willian cannot be our only attacking options behind the Striker.

They simply can't be. 

El P. and laura90 like this

18 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

This may be an Abumayung rumor. 

Thats what im thinking

Also, what the hell is this mentality that Chelsea can't have people fight for their place? 

Has anybody seen the amounts of talent that weren't making the field at other top clubs? Players like James Rodriguez and Morata last season at Madrid. Next season at City Sterling/Yaya/Aguero will be fighting hard to get on the pitch, and over at Bayern Muller/Renato/Robben. 

Why is it that only at Chelsea the Starting XI players must not have adequate competition for their spots? It's the reason many Chelsea fans are worried about the behinning of the season without Hazard. Because our only other creative spark in the team is Fabregas. And that's it. Come on now. 

Also, what the hell is this mentality that Chelsea can't have people fight for their place? 
Has anybody seen the amounts of talent that weren't making the field at other top clubs? Players like James Rodriguez and Morata last season at Madrid. Next season at City Sterling/Yaya/Aguero will be fighting hard to get on the pitch, and over at Bayern Muller/Renato/Robben. 
Why is it that only at Chelsea the Starting XI players must not have adequate competition for their spots? It's the reason many Chelsea fans are worried about the behinning of the season without Hazard. Because our only other creative spark in the team is Fabregas. And that's it. Come on now. 

We can't seem to beat any club that goes for a player we want, so we're mainly after the next "best" thing at this point. In for Stones, Mendy, Danilo & Lukaku to name a few and walk away with nothing.

Not saying we haven't dodged a bullet or three thanks to this, but the days of us going and getting targets are seemingly a distant memory. Highly doubt Kante would have come here, if it wasn't for the buyout clause.

Les than 10mil ok . More than that better top up for better player

Drinkwater is wasted off money cause I know what's going to happen he's going play for one season and end up getting loan out the rest of his chelsea career we should be signing a midfielder  who's going to challenge Bakayoko Kante fabregas for their place in the team 

laura90 likes this

2 hours ago, Jype said:

So you think having Kante, Bakayoko, Cesc is just as good as having Kante, Bakayoko, Cesc, Drinkwater?

He may not improve the first choice Starting XI one bit but he'd definitely improve the squad. Right now the squad is thinner than it has ever been and reinforcements are sorely needed. Aside from maybe wing-backs there's no real weaknesses in the first choice starting lineup but getting more squad depth will make the difference between a success and a 'Mourinho season' so if Drinkwater's available for a decent price it'd be a decent signing.

Just look at how hard United had to look to sign a player of Matic's quality to play a starting role for them so do people really expect us to replace him with an even better player who also doesn't mind being 4th choice CM? A reality check is in order for some lads here.

Yes, we need squad depth for sure. Our numbers are dangerously short. I can't help having higher expectations on who I deem good enough to warm the bench. That's not to knock Drinkwaters ability because I think he is decent but I want more than decent here at this club. If Kante, Cesc or Bakayoko get injured during the coming season... I'm not confident in bringing Drinkwater in to replace one of them, especially if we are facing top sides in Europe.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Sadly, but plainly, this is the case.

Tomo likes this