test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

xPetrCechx

Danny Drinkwater

Started by xPetrCechx,

633 posts in this topic
31 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

We will, they hold all the cards, the only cards we hold are the jokers.

Lets hope that the jokers are wild , and we pull in something tasty from the pack or this deck will fold.

190 - Since August 2015, Danny Drinkwater has made more tackles in the Premier League than any other English player. Bulldog.

Johnnyeye likes this

1 minute ago, mccg said:

Lets hope that the jokers are wild , and we pull in something tasty from the pack or this deck will fold.

:philjones

Tony Gale explains why Danny Drinkwater's "rare" partnership with N'Golo Kante explains Chelsea's interest in the player

“If Danny comes to Chelsea, (Tiemoue) Bakayoko has cost £40million, Kante everybody loves. 

“Is he going to get a game with Fabregas as well? 

“If I was Danny I'd go somewhere where I would play personally.”

5 minutes ago, the wes said:

Danny Drinkwater to Chelsea: Leicester star should snub move, I’d go elsewhere - ray Wilkins

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/641113/Chelsea-transfer-news-Leicester-Danny-Drinkwater-snub-Ray-Wilkins-Gossip-News

At 27 he probably feels he is reaching his prime and the chance at joining a big club may not come round again. He obviously backs himself to make an impression and take any chances that come his way.

If it doesn't work out and he struggles for game time, he could easily find a club like Leicester to move to in a couple of seasons time and still be on the right side of 30.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

At 27 he probably feels he is reaching his prime and the chance at joining a big club may not come round again. He obviously backs himself to make an impression and take any chances that come his way.

If it doesn't work out and he struggles for game time, he could easily find a club like Leicester to move to in a couple of seasons time and still be on the right side of 30.

So what you're basically saying is that we're going to sign Drinkwater from Leicester to be this "4th choice bench option", only to get rid of him in a couple of years time to a team like Leicester because he's struggling for gametime?

Remind me why we're potentially signing him again......?

How is Leicester selling Kante for 30m and Drinkwater for 40m? Give me a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Dingus said:

So what you're basically saying is that we're going to sign Drinkwater from Leicester to be this "4th choice bench option", only to get rid of him in a couple of years time to a team like Leicester because he's struggling for gametime?

Because we fucked up and have no one else to come instead of him.

Just now, Georgy said:

You are the first person that has been honest so fair play to you good man.

Chelsea? likes this

27 minutes ago, Georgy said:

The state of some people :lol::lol: 

Drinkwater has been the only midfield target for the club for over a month now, which option do you consider to be the more likely reason for that:

1) The club and Conte really want Danny Drinkwater and think he'd be a good fit for what the squad needs?

2) The club and Conte are all completely clueless who have zero football knowledge and Danny Drinkwater is literally the only name to have popped into their minds throughout the summer on their search for a new midfielder and they thought 'Oh what the hell YOLO let's get him'?

kmk108 and Eidur the Spider like this

25 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

How is Leicester selling Kante for 30m and Drinkwater for 40m? Give me a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different windows, different markets.

1 minute ago, Cosmin said:

Different windows, different markets.

Not really. Kante had a release clause. We also paid a premium to make sure no one else takes him, similar to what Liverpool have done with Naby Keita.

MefiX19 likes this

35 minutes ago, Dingus said:

No that is not what I said and that wouldn't be the clubs plan. I'm saying it from the likely point of view of the player that he feels it is the best stage of his career to see if he has what it takes to play for a top club at the highest level. However if the move wasn't to work out for him, he is still at an age where he could easily get a new club in a couple of years time still playing to a solid standard in the league.

I can understand reservations, but some players kick on and improve upon joining a top club and playing alongside top players. Chelsea have had a number through the years. Cahill is an obvious example in the current team.

Yes there are plenty that don't and that is the risk you take. At least with Drinkwater, he was a big part of Leicester winning the league 2 seasons ago and played Champions League football last season so there is some experience of playing at that top level.