test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

9. Álvaro Morata

Started by The Skipper,

1,747 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, manpe said:

Maybe our next manager plays 2 forwards? Morata in a supporting striker role could be something else than Morata the lone striker. He doesn't seem to be the type to lead an attack. A lone striker needs to be a ruthless badass not swayed by tiniest contacts, and more importantly a ruthless finisher. He is neither. In lone striker role I prefer Giroud anyway, this much 2018 has proved.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think he has the personality to lead the offensive line in Premiere league but as a second striker, in a more free role he could be more effective.

2 hours ago, Mana said:

Why are you backing Morata so much? Are you friends with him or something? Evidence shows he is not good enough. He's one of the main reasons why we are 5th.

Morata is too soft then to be our main man if confidence is what takes to make him score. That can be said for ANY player. Moses is shite, but when confidence runs high he plays fantastic. We cannot rely on "confidence" around the team all the time. When the confidence is low with the team, it's up to YOU to gain confidence within yourself and be that person that makes the team's confidence go high.

Kante for example, while the team is shite low on confidence he still manages to do HIS bit and be a beast in midfield.

I understand its not always a great situation and you cant rely on Confidence, but constant undermining from the fans, media, and even the coach does not help. I still remember Hazard/Costa when we finished 10th, They were dreadful. The season after we were champions. I agree Morata needs to be more of a catalyst with regards to developing confidence throughout the team. This is what we signed up for when we off loaded Costa for Morata, there was always this risk and it was probably the biggest question when we signed him. This year was an obvious fail but he wasnt the only failure. They have to band together and bounce back once again. Every player adapts differently to the Prem, all I am (and most people) are saying is its simply too early to entirely give up on the player. It has been an incredibly frustrating year for the entire club, a summer to refocus and a pre season are needed to come back stronger. 

3 hours ago, Amblève. said:

Saying that Morata scores every 3rd game is so terribly misleading. In saying so you are implying consistency which Morata has not shown at Chelsea (nor anywhere else for that matter).

To put Morata's PL goal scoring into context:

- Morata has scored more goals in his first 6 PL games (6; 3 of which came in a hat-trick vs Stoke) than in his last 24 (5).
- Out of his last 24 PL games Morata has played 60+ minutes in 18 games so he has had enough time to make a goal contribution in those games.
- Against top-6 opponents Morata has scored 2 goals in 8 games (10 games actually but I took out the 2 games vs City since he only played a combined 36 minutes in both games)
- In 2018 Morata has scored 1 PL goal.

...and these are only the numbers. Getting into his bitch-ass attitude on the pitch, his stupid yellow cards, and his missed sitters would just make me even more depressed.

These facts are worse than I imagined. Jesus. 

Amblève. and Supermonkey92 like this

It's as simple as follows;

Every team bar City and Spurs vs Chelsea play with 'the tight spaces'.

Morata is shit in 'the tight spaces'.

Move on 😒

20 minutes ago, DDA said:

It's as simple as follows;

Every team bar City and Spurs vs Chelsea play with 'the tight spaces'.

Morata is shit in 'the tight spaces'.

Move on 😒

Gotta ask bruv. Whats with the goat? Is it like - Stuborn as a old goat? lol Just wondered.

DDA likes this

Morata is never going to be another Drogba, he is mentally weak, and is all around mediocre at best. Drogba was at least fighter, and physically dominant. Morata is good at nothing.

Blusan Alamb likes this

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Gotta ask bruv. Whats with the goat? Is it like - Stuborn as a old goat? lol Just wondered.

🤣 Well now you say it, I am as stubborn as an old goat. Actually I was just looking at funny goat faces on google at work through pure boredem. Then decided it kind of resembled my own facial features.

Unionjack likes this

2 hours ago, DDA said:

🤣 Well now you say it, I am as stubborn as an old goat. Actually I was just looking at funny goat faces on google at work through pure boredem. Then decided it kind of resembled my own facial features.

haha Looks a LITTLE like manpe's head on his Av

manpe likes this

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

haha Looks a LITTLE like manpe's head on his Av

manpe's av is far superior.

manpe likes this

1 hour ago, DDA said:

manpe's av is far superior.

Should make a signature with it bud.

48 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Should make a signature with it bud.

I have no idea how to do that kind of shit tbh.

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

I have no idea how to do that kind of shit tbh.

I'll have a play if iget time maybe ;) Not had a play in photoshop in ages

If ya find a particular image ya like send it meh

We didn't chase Aubameyang when he was available in January. A player that has a track record of 20+ goals.

Because the board (and many of us) thought Morata would turn the corner. He's not going to turn the corner, probably ever. I'm not just looking at his Chelsea's career where he missed 3 1v1s, I'm talking about his ENTIRE career so far.

I wanted Auba, as he is capable. If we had him, top 4 would have been ours. The mistakes this board made, hurts us yet again.

God so help me if Morata remains our key man next season. That'll be 2 seasons without CL (unless maybe we win the EL by luck).

I've haven't been this negative towards a player since Torres. I don't like being this negative. But the club is in danger. Another season like this, players like Kante, Hazard etc. will start leaving and sponsors will pull out. Top players will look at Arsenal rather than us because we aren't spending cash as we used to. 

We need someone who scores 20+ goals in our squad. It is required if we want to win the league, let alone top 4. Who's going to do that here?

Amblève. and Unionjack like this

1 hour ago, Mana said:

We didn't chase Aubameyang when he was available in January. A player that has a track record of 20+ goals.

Because the board (and many of us) thought Morata would turn the corner. He's not going to turn the corner, probably ever. I'm not just looking at his Chelsea's career where he missed 3 1v1s, I'm talking about his ENTIRE career so far.

I wanted Auba, as he is capable. If we had him, top 4 would have been ours. The mistakes this board made, hurts us yet again.

God so help me if Morata remains our key man next season. That'll be 2 seasons without CL (unless maybe we win the EL by luck).

I've haven't been this negative towards a player since Torres. I don't like being this negative. But the club is in danger. Another season like this, players like Kante, Hazard etc. will start leaving and sponsors will pull out. Top players will look at Arsenal rather than us because we aren't spending cash as we used to. 

We need someone who scores 20+ goals in our squad. It is required if we want to win the league, let alone top 4. Who's going to do that here?

Aubamayang and Morata are literally in the same class/tier. He’s not really that good. Look at how Michy was scoring at BVB for example - more to do with the system than anything. He isn’t that good of a striker. Plus, once his speed is gone, he’ll be extremely average. 

Amblève. likes this

1 hour ago, Mana said:

. If we had him, top 4 would have been ours. The mistakes this board made, hurts us yet again.

Please tell me that you have watched auba play and not saying that based on stat only. Aubameyang is a poacher, his involvement in the attack is very limited. He is not suitable to our team at all. There is a reason why grioud has been quite decent for us albeit his poor finishing and really lack of pace 

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Aubamayang and Morata are literally in the same class/tier. He’s not really that good. Look at how Michy was scoring at BVB for example - more to do with the system than anything. He isn’t that good of a striker. Plus, once his speed is gone, he’ll be extremely average. 

Didn't Aubamayang score 40 goals last season or was that imaginary? Also Auba has been here half a season, and is already closing in on Morata's total PL tally. 2 goals away.

Until Morata reaches 20+ goals in a season, I strongly disagree with your statement.

1 hour ago, communicate said:

Please tell me that you have watched auba play and not saying that based on stat only. Aubameyang is a poacher, his involvement in the attack is very limited. He is not suitable to our team at all. There is a reason why grioud has been quite decent for us albeit his poor finishing and really lack of pace 

We need someone that can bury chances. Have you seen the Huddlesfield game where there were times a cross comes in and no one's in the box?

12 hours ago, DDA said:

What's your favourite tv show of all time When the goat comes in ?:) Ok bad pun I'll get me goat.

22 minutes ago, Mana said:

Didn't Aubamayang score 40 goals last season or was that imaginary? Also Auba has been here half a season, and is already closing in on Morata's total PL tally. 2 goals away.

Until Morata reaches 20+ goals in a season, I strongly disagree with your statement.

It has nothing to do with Morata, he isn’t the benchmark for strikers at all is he? I literally gave you an example of our very own Batshuayi - he could score 40 in that system. Aubamayang is just a system player. I’m one of Morata’s biggest critics on here but honestly Aubameyang isn’t much better. 

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

It has nothing to do with Morata, he isn’t the benchmark for strikers at all is he? I literally gave you an example of our very own Batshuayi - he could score 40 in that system. Aubamayang is just a system player. I’m one of Morata’s biggest critics on here but honestly Aubameyang isn’t much better. 

No, my point is if we are going to be in the top 4, you need a 20+ goal player/striker. Morata isn't proven in any league he has played to do that. 

Batshuayi has broken 20+ goals once in his 8-year career, and that was in the Belgian league. You said Bats "could" score 40 in that system. Well, until he does The Skipper, I don't believe you. We'll see IF he stays in BVB.

If Aubamayang's crap around the park, but still scores 20 goals for us...who cares?