Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

10 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Personally will have Bakayoko + Fabinho together over Bakayoko + Kante any day. I just see the latter being totally dominated by any top team's midfield, just as Kante and Matic have been in many of the games vs the top sides. It's becoming clearer that Kante needs a specific type of midfield partner next to him when we face better teams for us not to suffer. Bakayoko will be an improvement on Matic but we're still going to experience the same problems we did this season. We will see very little of the ball, play on counters and feed on scraps vs good opposition. We'll also have severe problems building up play from the back. 

This is what I'm afraid of, too. It's why I'd kill for Verratti. I hate going into games against the likes of Man City, Arsenal, Spuds, and United knowing we'll likely be dominated in possession and have our midfielders struggling. We beat all of those sides regardless this season but you can't say we outplayed them all.

If we play a midfield 2 of Kante/Bakayoko or Kante/Matic and have to play Barca/Madrid/Madrid/Juve they'll completely dominate us. We 100% need to have another player in there with them.

28 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

This is who we needed to sign. I'm telling you this kid is going to become one of the best midfielders in the world in the not to distant future. 

Did he not just sign for BvB?? 

34 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

There's also these two lads we should be looking at:

I like the look of paredes there. What do you think about Kovacic?

42 mil for Bakayoko? Why are we so freaking poor in our transfers? This deal is atrocious not only is he coming but now he costs over 40? Let's hope it includes an agreement with Mendy as well otherwise this is a joke. We are targetting the worst player from the Monaco stars. How is that even possible..

1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

You're in luck 

Screenshot_2017_06_01_00_08_18.png

Get the fuck in. That's more like it. Just hope it's true. I heard L'Equipe has turned to shit in the last few years.

1 hour ago, lucio said:

I like the look of paredes there. What do you think about Kovacic?

He's an outrageously gifted player but I'm not convinced he can cope in a 2 man midfield. He's also a bit rawer than you'll expect from a 23 year old. He's not really yet been able to channel his gifts. 

He really impressed me against Tottenham and Man City but was rather average against Juventus but trust Conte with any signings he makes after the success of his signings in his first season with us. I know Youtube can deceive people into a perception of players but judging by this clip here, he looks a lot better on the ball than I thought and almost has that Yaya Toure style about him when he is on the ball and running at an opponent. A big presence and looks really athletic as well which hopefully will not leave us vulnerable in terms of losing possession cheaply and still is only 22 and improving.

My two cents on Bakayoko - definitely a decent player, but not one that would improve our team IMHO.

I've seen this season and I think we've all seen this season that Kante + Matic midfield offers protection for the back line, but lacks creativity. Would Bakayoko change this? I don't think so. Any team with a set of decent midfielders good on the ball would still run our midfield over and control the game with ease. 

Think Chelsea need a Dembele/Modric/Kroos type of player next to Kante if Conte is to play a two man midfield still. Someone with vision and ability to move the ball forward, not only tackle and protect the back line.

At this moment for me Cesc Fabregas is one of the best passers of the ball in Europe. Lacks pace, but still, his ability on the ball is brilliant. Would be such a shame to let him go. 

Would love Conte to experiment in the pre-season and try implement new tactics also, not only 3-4-3 during whole season. 3-5-2 would be nice, too, against different teams he feels they are vulnerable to this system.

Think a three man midfield would also be perfect for Cesc. My dream midfield next season would be Kante - Cesc - Nainggolan. Would have everything - vision, creativity, work rate, tackling abilities, long range shooting.

I think he's being underrated after doing badly in a couple of CL games, he starts over Moutinho, plus our team's old and he's only 22 . Think he'd give us much more physicality in midfield, Matic+Kante got dominated by Wanyama+Dembele

I've only really seen him in the Champions League games. He was poor against Juventus but everyone except Mbappe was poor over those two legs for Monaco.

The other games, he did look like someone with the right coaching and tactics could become a dominating presence in midfield. 

People who have seen more of him, how would he compare to someone like Essien?

5 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I've only really seen him in the Champions League games. He was poor against Juventus but everyone except Mbappe was poor over those two legs for Monaco.

The other games, he did look like someone with the right coaching and tactics could become a dominating presence in midfield. 

People who have seen more of him, how would he compare to someone like Essien?

Let's be honest tho shall we juve defensive capabilities can make any attacking team/player look poor there a disgustingly well drilled defensive team and you would need more then a few kids at Monaco to get any result we have experience in bundles we just need some youth and freshness I believe this kid can absolutely change are team and will work brilliantly with kante reminds me of a inform yaya 

Chelsea are continuing discussions with Monaco over the potential £43m signing of Tiemoue Bakayoko, according to the Daily Mail.

The 22-year-old defensive midfielder has had a fine season for the Ligue 1 winners, and Monaco are reportedly asking for Michy Batshuayi and Charly Musonda in a part-exchange deal. 

Manchester United are also reportedly interested.