test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

14. Tiemoue Bakayoko

Started by Jason,

479 posts in this topic

Seriously though....B2B role in 3 man midfield is what suits him. Kante shielding the defence, Fabregas doing the chance creation, and Bakayoko for the mayhem.

Would hesitate to say that its the same as Lampard-Essien-Makelele, but this works for me.

2 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Seriously though....B2B role in 3 man midfield is what suits him. Kante shielding the defence, Fabregas doing the chance creation, and Bakayoko for the mayhem.

Would hesitate to say that its the same as Lampard-Essien-Makelele, but this works for me.

Agree. Today showed his potential and what he can do for us. Just needs to work on his composure and final ball. Could had easily gotten a few goals/assists today.

....nobody's really saying he had a great game; our stance is unchanged..I think. He's ultra limited, clumsy, lacking technique, etc etc etc. It was all displayed again today. We aren't talking about that, though. And 1 competent game does not paint a player.

Supermonkey92 likes this

Looked a lot better in a 3. Suits him more. Obviously the question is then do we continue with a back 3, 3 in CMF and Hazard off Morata or back to 343?

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

It’s his 3rd man runs that caused havoc today. In fact, he dragged Jones out of position with his run into the box for Morata’s goal. 

It was Smalling, not Jones. The latter just wandered out of position like a headless chicken.

Maybe even worse than cesc at shooting outside the box  (or shooting fullstop). I hage question marks over whether he is the option to take us forward. Aren't we looking for a first choice option to partner Kante? It's telling that his best performances come in a 3. I think he brings 3 qualities. Aerial strength in midfield, physical strength in midfield and sometimes can dribble the ball well. Will add that his forward runs are good. That still leaves a lot to be desired as a first choice MIDFIELDER at CFC. 

Leif and Blue-in-me-Veins like this

He's no defensive midfielder. Hes completely a box to box player. Playing him deep to protect fabregas instead of setting him free was a mistake. He's still a terrible shooter though.

Him and Cesc benefited for one reason.....Kante. Both allowed to play at their strengths because they didn't have to worry about everything across the midfield.

He still needs to up his game because that Roma performance was one of the worst showings I have ever seen from a Chelsea players in years.

He played well, in the sense that he was a constant thorn to United's side. Constantly winning challenges and getting into dangerous areas. 

But one performance doesn't detract from his horrow shows against Palace, Watford, Roma (x2). 

I see very specific qualities Bakayoko possesses and Im not a fan of them because we already have a player in Kante who uses those same skills at a much higher level.

Bakayoko wants to play with a holding CM like Matic and Fabinho, but Kante is already like that. 

So the only way both can play is if Kante is reduced to a holding DM role (which limits Kante) or both play in a double pivot, but that means we forego having a DLP to help in build-up and maintain possession.

He's a redundant CM. 

What kind of squad building is that? 

8 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

He played well, in the sense that he was a constant thorn to United's side. Constantly winning challenges and getting into dangerous areas. 

But one performance doesn't detract from his horrow shows against Palace, Watford, Roma (x2). 

I see very specific qualities Bakayoko possesses and Im not a fan of them because we already have a player in Kante who uses those same skills at a much higher level.

Bakayoko wants to play with a holding CM like Matic and Fabinho, but Kante is already like that. 

So the only way both can play is if Kante is reduced to a holding DM role (which limits Kante) or both play in a double pivot, but that means we forego having a DLP to help in build-up and maintain possession.

He's a redundant CM. 

What kind of squad building is that? 

Yeah that was showcased against United: kante played dm sitting deeper while Baka had more freedom from our system and united - teams will only start marking him when he becomes more effective in possession.

I was thinking to myself during the game: our least technical player is the one with most freedom. Great for united not so for us. Aside from that bit of terific Spanish play, it was looking like a draw.

17 hours ago, El P. said:

"Works better in three". If I had a penny everytime it was mentioned.

Everyone works better with more help. "Works better in three" mostly means - needs a lot of help, is limited to the bone, can't do things by himself. Just like with our central defenders.

It was good game by him, but let's not get carried away.

Isn't that a tad too simplistic to look at things? Some players work better in a certain system where it can allow them to shine. Remember all the damage that Lampard or even Essien did in a 3-man midfield? They wouldn't even have done half of it had we asked to play in a 2-man midfield because it would restrict their freedom. Bakayoko isn't the first to work best in a certain system and he won't be the last either.