test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

2. Antonio Rudiger

Started by Jason,

182 posts in this topic
23 minutes ago, Jason said:

The thing with Zouma is that he's a back-to-the-wall kind of defender, someone who fits better in an approach where the team sit deep and defend from there. If the team play a much more progressive football, where the defenders not only have to defend (and defend higher up the pitch) but also play out from the back, then I don't think Zouma is your man for that.

Perfectly said. Was browsing the United forum after the game and saw quite a bit of "Chelsea wasted money on Rüdiger when Souma is better" posts. Clearly they haven't watched Toni and are basing their opinion on one viewing of Zouma.

He's not even in Rüdiger's league yet on the ball or in terms of decision making. Zouma is a freak of nature athlete who is still raw. 

4 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

1. Christensen isn't a new signing.

2. Conte obviously disagrees with who should start ahead of whom.

3. I've been saying Christensen will be a world-class player since he was playing in the youth team but Rudiger has been objectively better. 

4. You obviously have an issue with Rudiger beyond his performances for us, but he's already proving to be an important signing and a very good piece of business. 

Didn't say Christensen was a new signing, if you think Rudiger has been a better performer than Morata or Bakayoko thats your opinion but i would hedge afew bets that alot would disagree ! No issue with Rudiger just not totally convinced yet simples!

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The thing with Zouma is that he's a back-to-the-wall kind of defender, someone who fits better in an approach where the team sit deep and defend from there. If the team play a much more progressive football, where the defenders not only have to defend (and defend higher up the pitch) but also play out from the back, then I don't think Zouma is your man for that.

He played out from the back quite afew times against utd

On 10/09/2017 at 0:59 PM, mccg said:

I'm still not convinced with him , i hope he prove's another Conte masterclass down the line , 

Read the comment especially the bold bit if you think i have issue with Rudiger!

Tbh we haven't seen Rüdiger and especially Christensen enough for Chelsea to make any substantial comparisons or judgements. Rüdiger may just be more adept playing on the left, Christensen has his hands full trying to displace Azpi or Luiz. We have one weak spot (Cahill) and at the moment Rüdi seems like the best replacement not least because of his experience playing that position. And tbh he has done very well, I like what I've seen so far. I'm not nearly as worried about that side anymore as I was with GC. He's a physical beast, but also fast and comfortable on the ball - basically a more developed version of Zouma.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Well, that's a convincing argument...

Who wanted a argument ? stating a fact he has shown he can play out from the back  .Zouma has himself came out since his injury and said he will have to learn to play slightly different but he is young enough to do that  As yourself commented "but also play out from the back, then I don't think Zouma is your man for that." 

4 hours ago, mccg said:

Who wanted a argument ? stating a fact he has shown he can play out from the back  .Zouma has himself came out since his injury and said he will have to learn to play slightly different but he is young enough to do that  As yourself commented "but also play out from the back, then I don't think Zouma is your man for that." 

A fact? More like an observation from ONE game. Doing it at the weekend doesn't mean he's good at it or will be good at it. Hell, I can probably pick out games where Cahill plays out from the back but does that make him ball playing CB, comfortable at playing him out from the back? No. And that's just one aspect of the game. Is Zouma comfortable at being asked to defend higher up the pitch? I don't think so.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

A fact? More like an observation from ONE game. Doing it at the weekend doesn't mean he's good at it or will be good at it. Hell, I can probably pick out games where Cahill plays out from the back but does that make him ball playing CB, comfortable at playing him out from the back? No. And that's just one aspect of the game. Is Zouma comfortable at being asked to defend higher up the pitch? I don't think so.

Ffs the way you dribble on about Rudiger and playing out from the back you think he was next Franz Beckenbauer lol

49 minutes ago, mccg said:

Ffs the way you dribble on about Rudiger and playing out from the back you think he was next Franz Beckenbauer lol

Erm, where did I talk about Rudiger?

Antonio Rudiger was the fastest man in the Premier League last weekend clocking at 35.2 km/h. [@SkySportsMNF] #cfc

Think Rudiger was shocking when he came in...

Cahill might be back in the 1st team after that.

mccg likes this

1 hour ago, Tautvix said:

Think Rudiger was shocking when he came in...

Cahill might be back in the 1st team after that.

Why shock ? He wants to rotate azpicuelta . 

He didn't played well on the right ,he made some mistakes.

On the left  he is very solid-good defender. 

I hope that conte have the "ball" to replace Cahill .

lets see

2 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Cahill, Azpi, Luiz, Christensen, Rudiger and Zouma. We're set at the back 3 for the next 3-4 years.

Zouma will never be good enough for Chelsea

1 minute ago, kiwi1691 said:

Zouma will never be good enough for Chelsea

Ppl said that about alonso...

On 9/11/2017 at 8:25 PM, manpe said:

Tbh we haven't seen Rüdiger and especially Christensen enough for Chelsea to make any substantial comparisons or judgements. Rüdiger may just be more adept playing on the left, Christensen has his hands full trying to displace Azpi or Luiz. We have one weak spot (Cahill) and at the moment Rüdi seems like the best replacement not least because of his experience playing that position. And tbh he has done very well, I like what I've seen so far. I'm not nearly as worried about that side anymore as I was with GC. He's a physical beast, but also fast and comfortable on the ball - basically a more developed version of Zouma.

One of the key requirement to play as wide cb in 3 cb system is to be comfortable being dragged wide. Both azpi and rudi can play fb hence it feel natural for them. Christensen on the other hand is considered to be just a cb and it looks like his passing skill is decent which make him an ideal replacement for luiz