Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

Bottom line if we sign him is if he is better than what we already have. A German international at a young age, most likely he is better than anybody we have except for maybe Zouma, but that is left up for debate due to his injury. Improvement over what we have is what we should be aiming for, we are not in a position to get the best of the best. If we get him, a pretty obvious target of Conte's, I'd be happy... it's something.

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Im no scout but I watch games. And based on that create opinion on players. Seeing how they play and knowing their market price aint the same you know. 

Im telling you each summer there are players top quality available for less money. And our scouts should target them instead of overpaying for average players in thus case Rudiger. All the talk about that coach transforming these players etc. You know how chelsea works right? You think they will give players a chance? No they wont. Few games thats all. Next summer sold and new one arriving. Happend pre and post Mourinho. 

What is your point exactly tho? Lets us buy Rudigers quality players and splash 40m on each? Hope Conte will transform them into beasts? One Bonucci doesnt mean every CB conte will touch will make top cb. But yeah lets hope and spend 40m on this dude. Next year rinse and repeat. 

Stop saying players need to want to come etc. Damn sure they have to. I know that. I dont watch football since yesterday. Thing is. Koulibaly as example. He can go if price is high. Damn sure he will join us if we offer right money and wages. Or he will go elsewhere. Now we are targeting Rudiger instead. Why? Is he better. No is he much cheaper? No. We just dont want to pay extra few millions on Koulibaly who is actualy brilliant CB. Instead we opt for "cheaper" alternative that is still damn expensive and not even half as good. Under spaletti he improved but he was disaster before. Thats what im telling you. The concept we have is wrong and the results and quality of team show that.

And if you dont see certain quality players from france, thats your problem not mine.

How the hell do you know that?

On 5 June, 2016 at 10:25 PM, BlueLyon said:

Im no scout but I watch games. And based on that create opinion on players. Seeing how they play and knowing their market price aint the same you know. 

Im telling you each summer there are players top quality available for less money. And our scouts should target them instead of overpaying for average players in thus case Rudiger. All the talk about that coach transforming these players etc. You know how chelsea works right? You think they will give players a chance? No they wont. Few games thats all. Next summer sold and new one arriving. Happend pre and post Mourinho. 

What is your point exactly tho? Lets us buy Rudigers quality players and splash 40m on each? Hope Conte will transform them into beasts? One Bonucci doesnt mean every CB conte will touch will make top cb. But yeah lets hope and spend 40m on this dude. Next year rinse and repeat. 

Stop saying players need to want to come etc. Damn sure they have to. I know that. I dont watch football since yesterday. Thing is. Koulibaly as example. He can go if price is high. Damn sure he will join us if we offer right money and wages. Or he will go elsewhere. Now we are targeting Rudiger instead. Why? Is he better. No is he much cheaper? No. We just dont want to pay extra few millions on Koulibaly who is actualy brilliant CB. Instead we opt for "cheaper" alternative that is still damn expensive and not even half as good. Under spaletti he improved but he was disaster before. Thats what im telling you. The concept we have is wrong and the results and quality of team show that.

And if you dont see certain quality players from france, thats your problem not mine.

you sound like you paint by numbers. I don't want to go around the mulberry bush again.

On 6/5/2016 at 7:49 PM, Tomo said:

I thought Ricky was a liability that season and its no coincidence him out and Alex in produced better defense.

Fair playto him for still playing now tho.

What? Seriously disagree with you there, Tomo. Carvalho was never a liability. A 32-year-old liability joining Real Madrid after 09/10 doesn't make sense either. His fitness was waning though.

Alex was fantastic, yeah. But he was very underrated and still is. Comfortably better than Cahill and Luiz.

31 minutes ago, DYC. said:

What? Seriously disagree with you there, Tomo. Carvalho was never a liability. A 32-year-old liability joining Real Madrid after 09/10 doesn't make sense either. His fitness was waning though.

Alex was fantastic, yeah. But he was very underrated and still is. Comfortably better than Cahill and Luiz.

Maybe he raised the bar too high in the seasons before that but I thought he was below average that season, and not that much better in 08-09, which again saw vastly improved defense when Alex came in.

We were conceding so many soft goals in the air, and it was no coincidence that it got better when Ricky was replaced for Alex, I also remember him getting ripped a new one by Jason Scotland of all people in that 3-1 Wigan game.

That's why I'm pleasantly surprised he is still not only playing but internationally aswell, I thought he had it after that season.

04-08 he was almost flawless, his last two seasons he was below par for me, maybe he got too comfortable, something he alluded to just before he left.

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Maybe he raised the bar too high in the seasons before that but I thought he was below average that season, and not that much better in 08-09, which again saw vastly improved defense when Alex came in.

We were conceding so many soft goals in the air, and it was no coincidence that it got better when Ricky was replaced for Alex, I also remember him getting ripped a new one by Jason Scotland of all people in that 3-1 Wigan game.

That's why I'm pleasantly surprised he is still not only playing but internationally aswell, I thought he had it after that season.

04-08 he was almost flawless, his last two seasons he was below par for me, maybe he got too comfortable, something he alluded to just before he left.

Chelsea's aerial game improving with Alex in for Carvalho... come on, Tomo. My pet kangaroo could tell you that.

Still think you're exaggerating. I just checked WhoScored and while their ratings aren't gospel (not at all), he scored a 7.16 compared to Terry's 7.24 in 09/10. Just saying. Tactical defenders usually score on the low side.

Riccy was never below average for me. We'll never agree on this. I'll say it again, he'd never have joined Real if that was the case. I remember him impressing immensely for Real in his first season as well. But after that year his fitness went downhill.

36 minutes ago, Tomo said:

17 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Chelsea's aerial game improving with Alex in for Carvalho... come on, Tomo. My pet kangaroo could tell you that.

Still think you're exaggerating. I just checked WhoScored and while their ratings aren't gospel (not at all), he scored a 7.16 compared to Terry's 7.24 in 09/10. Just saying. Tactical defenders usually score on the low side.

Riccy was never below average for me. We'll never agree on this. I'll say it again, he'd never have joined Real if that was the case. I remember him impressing immensely for Real in his first season as well. But after that year his fitness went downhill.

I think it's safe to say we'd all give anything for Alex or Carvalho from then back in our team now. Our defence is a fucking mess and if I'm honest real top draw centre backs are few and far between!