• Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

8 hours ago, Beigl said:

I wish we would have more characters and leaders in our team, like we had in the title race from 2010 for example. We suffered set backs against Spurs or Blackburn late that season, but we had a very strong core of players who would never back down no matter how big the occasion was. I don't want to downplay our current crop of players, but they don't have the same fire and self confidence in them compared to Lampard, Terry, Drogba, Ballack, Essien. We looked paralyzed and shocked when we were 1-0 down today and no one wanted to step up, as we have no real leaders in our team.

Could you imagine our former captain helping a United player to get up during a game? No, me neither. That was so pathetic by Cahill.

Are you for real? I've seen JT help players get up before. As well as lots of other footballers helping other opposition players get up. 

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's tragic if we actually lose this title.
It's one thing when we are neck and neck with the opposition, or when we have to face them in a title decider and we lose.
Also if we have won 10 championships in a row and it's the 11th and we lose it.
But surrendering a 10-5-6 point lead is tragic for the club - any club. It just can't be allowed to happen !!!

Thinking back on what Conte did yesterday. I still can't believe he actually did it. Replacing Alonso with Ake and leaving Azpi and Moses at their positions (and Zouma at where he belongs- the bench) could have earned us at least a point. And it was so clear and easy to do. Really disappointing from the Italian.

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

Mourinho knows the Chelsea team.
But it's a typical thing that can happen if you play a strong side away and your mind is not set to secure the draw first. MU also did not plan to attack us all out - took them some 7-8 minutes early on to make an attack.
The bogus goal changed things in United's favour but again we seemed incapable of putting them under pressure, even at the risk of leaving huge gaps behind. If they use man to man tactics you can't do much - only expect them to tire.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Are you for real? I've seen JT help players get up before. As well as lots of other footballers helping other opposition players get up. 

They do when the ball outta of play not  when the other team is in your box attacking it was silly move from cahill especially from a experience player like himself 

9 minutes ago, the wes said:

They do when the ball outta of play not  when the other team is in your box attacking it was silly move from cahill especially from a experience player like himself 

Yup. He lost concentration for a few seconds and that could have been decisive. He had no active hand in conceding that goal but still a stupid thing to do.

20 hours ago, Stats said:

Although Pogba has not been brilliant this season, you can see on top of his game, why we could do with someone like him. It is why I call Dembele the best CM in the league. We need in the long run to have a CM who can control the game, dictate tempo, shield the ball from other players. Kante is brilliant but he still has his limitations. I mean the sky sports commentators like to applaud him for every little thing he does, (not being harsh here) but he was not that good imo. He made some good tackles but was also at fault for the first goal and while he made the most passes in our team did not manage to get control of the game. That being said he was our best player but we need a Pogba/ Dembele type of player next to him. Dembele is the reason Spurs tick and keep clean sheets while scoring buckloads too. He protects the ball while laying off passes for the more potent attacking trio. Next week will show, how important he is. They will dominate the game because of him.

Feel so sorry for Batshuayi. He must be tearing his hair out seeing how poor Costa is yet he can't get a minute. What a kick in the face and what pisses me off is you will get fans who say he is not good enough when he can't string more than 1 start. I would prefer to see him given a run in the team than Costa at the moment, as unlikely as it is.

Pogba Kante midfield in Conte's system would be awesome. 

19 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Pogba Kante midfield in Conte's system would be awesome. 

I m not sure on Pogba as one of the 2 CMs ... I dont see him having the discipline that is needed to be a CM, defend & attack throughtout the game ... this will only mean that Kante will have double thw work while on the defensive.

For me Pogba would work wonders when he has 2 CMs covering him and he plays more of the attacking no 10 role (like the 3-5-2 or 4-3-3). His greatest strengths is to smash the ball and the quick passes other than that he's just an over hyped player.   

The way Diego Costa gets the stick in this thread is as if he has already left Chelsea and he is in China with a little red Mao book.
First of all this was definitely the wrong sort of match to judge him. Away, against a strong opponent who had most of the possession. Against Crystal Palace maybe.
Diego's style is this: Sleep most of the day then bite like a snake. If he stays with us for twenty years and if he becomes the league's top scorer you won't see anything else.
If we use Batshuayi now is it going to work ? He was last seen against West Ham for the capital cup where he was given a great chance but he skied it with his shin. Then some cameo appearances.
I think it's the time for the present squad to be encouraged to get their act together and play like lions in the next six matches.

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

The way Diego Costa gets the stick in this thread is as if he has already left Chelsea and he is in China with a little red Mao book.
First of all this was definitely the wrong sort of match to judge him. Away, against a strong opponent who had most of the possession. Against Crystal Palace maybe.
Diego's style is this: Sleep most of the day then bite like a snake. If he stays with us for twenty years and if he becomes the league's top scorer you won't see anything else.
If we use Batshuayi now is it going to work ? He was last seen against West Ham for the capital cup where he was given a great chance but he skied it with his shin. Then some cameo appearances.
I think it's the time for the present squad to be encouraged to get their act together and play like lions in the next six matches.

There is real justification as to why he's getting stick though. Since China talk he's been abysmal, and as for judging him in this game that's incorrect as he's been judged all season because he's our main striker. We seem to want to judge him top quality but then cover him in cotton wool and use excuses for him when he's poor. I think the lot of them bar Kante were truly shite on Sunday, and nobody can tell me that Costa in this game was deserving of an excuse, he was simply back to the old Costa where he wanted to be the bullied one and cover for the awful deficiencies he has, and has had for months.

It shows how critical having Courtois is. Alonso missing was crucial too, but Begovic isn't on the same level as Tibo, and Tibo commands the box and organises the defence well. I wonder how Utd would have adapted if they had lost De Gea and similar player to Alonso before the game. When you've set out all week to prepare with the same team, then on matchday two of your first teamers suddenly need to be replaced, it's not easy to get around. I am not surprised Conte was a little lost in the first half of the game, he wasn't able to prep. No one could have predicted that, otherwise Ake would have travelled. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

There is real justification as to why he's getting stick though. Since China talk he's been abysmal, and as for judging him in this game that's incorrect as he's been judged all season because he's our main striker. We seem to want to judge him top quality but then cover him in cotton wool and use excuses for him when he's poor. I think the lot of them bar Kante were truly shite on Sunday, and nobody can tell me that Costa in this game was deserving of an excuse, he was simply back to the old Costa where he wanted to be the bullied one and cover for the awful deficiencies he has, and has had for months.

Diego is not a ball player. He 'll never be. Also seeing that he is 29 he's got two-three more good years. Players with his style seldom go beyond 31-32. I think He needs to concentrate and score us some goals.
The most useless ever of this type was Dimitriadis (AEK Athens 90s). Could only kick the ball with his shin. But fast as a bullet inside the area, won the title of top scorer for 3 consecutive years (= three Toyota sports cars). The one of the same type who is a wee bit of a ball player is Mitroglou (Olympiakos - Benfica).