• Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

2 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Diego is not a ball player. He 'll never be. Also seeing that he is 29 he's got two-three more good years. Players with his style seldom go beyond 31-32. I think He needs to concentrate and score us some goals.
The most useless ever of this type was Dimitriadis (AEK Athens 90s). Could only kick the ball with his shin. But fast as a bullet inside the area, won the title of top scorer for 3 consecutive years (= three Toyota sports cars). The one of the same type who is a wee bit of a ball player is Mitroglou (Olympiakos - Benfica).

I think it's dead simple with Costa, he is purely a fox in the box because outside of it he's like a Hedgehog on a motorway. The best players with small deficiencies cover their weakness by being a little bit more dynamic, Costa cannot be dynamic because for me he has one string to his bow, that's been in the area and that's his only threat, he's not even good in the air so even that lets him down in the box.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I think it's dead simple with Costa, he is purely a fox in the box because outside of it he's like a Hedgehog on a motorway. The best players with small deficiencies cover their weakness by being a little bit more dynamic, Costa cannot be dynamic because for me he has one string to his bow, that's been in the area and that's his only threat, he's not even good in the air so even that lets him down in the box.

He did score with the head many times.
The question is to do it again between now and June. China is expecting.

22 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

He did score with the head many times.
The question is to do it again between now and June. China is expecting.

Goals49
Goals Per Match0.58
Goals With Header4

4 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Brilliant analysis on the United - Chelsea game on MNF ... Great comparison by Neville on Hazard and Messi. Worth a watch.  

Felt painful watching that but good analysis. If Luiz is seriously carrying an injury, then Conte has to maybe think about dropping him. It's bad enough we're playing with a liability upfront. We don't need another one at the back. Right now, we can't keep clean sheets and we're finding goals a bit hard to come by.

42 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

How many did we score with headers though ?

The whole team in this season? I don't know, not a lot. One by Diego that I know, and maybe a few by GC from corners but other than that I don't recall.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

The whole team in this season? I don't know, not a lot. One by Diego that I know, and maybe a few by GC from corners but other than that I don't recall.

That controversial header from Marcos against Arsenal too

2 hours ago, manpe said:

5 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

That controversial header from Marcos against Arsenal too

Pedro at Leicester and Wolves.

14 hours ago, Jason said:

Pedro at Leicester and Wolves.

There used to be log-keepers and goals compendium videos round here.
I don't think our play-makers aim for peoples heads all that much, under Conte system.
Also the chance of a corner kick resulting in a goal is small in the premier.