Benjamin Mendy

Unionjack

But how is pep going to use the three extremely expensive FB he bought if there are only two wings?

Sorry, but people willing us to be like them, no thank you. They continue to spend like crazy for years, and they won one Pl and scrapped another.

With this crazy investment they should be dominating English football and have at least a couple of UCL finals under their belt.

I do believe Guardiola will do better this season, but I don't think their strategy in the market is that good.

There will be (again, but now even more than last season) a lot of pressure for results and until all those new players settle down and Pep puts his philosophy in place, they could lose a considerable amount of points... Although last season they did have a stellar beginning of season

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 22.7.2017 at 2:33 AM, Pizy said:

I don't think we'd spend £50m or more on him. City will pay whatever it takes because they simply don't care.

With the FFP rules, I'm sure they care. With them it's the fact that they've lost Kolarov, Sagna, Zabaleta, Clichy. From what I've read Kolarov's exit wasn't pre-planned by the club but rather Kolarov's own initiative. Over 130 million for three defenders who by no means guarantee success, well I guess that's football nowadays. I'd rather see Chelsea sign some "unknown" (read: unhyped) prospect and give them a chance (or use our own young players), like we did with Azpilicueta.

10 hours ago, MetsajCFC said:

With the FFP rules, I'm sure they care. With them it's the fact that they've lost Kolarov, Sagna, Zabaleta, Clichy. From what I've read Kolarov's exit wasn't pre-planned by the club but rather Kolarov's own initiative. Over 130 million for three defenders who by no means guarantee success, well I guess that's football nowadays. I'd rather see Chelsea sign some "unknown" (read: unhyped) prospect and give them a chance (or use our own young players), like we did with Azpilicueta.

Azpi wasnt one of unknown players tho...He wasnt as hyped, but still very good already back in Marseille. And in today market, I guess the odds of getting someone like Azpi for 7m is becoming less and less possible. And even then, dont forget Azpi only got real chance when Ashley got injured.

The market completely lost it when clubs are willing to pay 50, 60 m for fullbacks, 40m for 16 year olds and 80m for non staters.

That said, I would love to get another Azpi for low price. However his profile of FB is that he is quality defender and average going forward, meaning he will get far less attention than a FB thats realy good going forward. And right now we need attacking fullbacks/wingbacks.

Azpi wasnt one of unknown players tho...He wasnt as hyped, but still very good already back in Marseille. And in today market, I guess the odds of getting someone like Azpi for 7m is becoming less and less possible. And even then, dont forget Azpi only got real chance when Ashley got injured.
The market completely lost it when clubs are willing to pay 50, 60 m for fullbacks, 40m for 16 year olds and 80m for non staters.
That said, I would love to get another Azpi for low price. However his profile of FB is that he is quality defender and average going forward, meaning he will get far less attention than a FB thats realy good going forward. And right now we need attacking fullbacks/wingbacks.

Low price may have changed, but I hope we get more deals like his.
Anything around 20m for a player to develop similarly to Azpi would be amazing

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

AS Monaco VP Vadim Vasilyev: "Benjamin Mendy said to me, if it was Chelsea, he would've stayed, but Guardiola..." goo.gl/fGLRpz

see ya in the end of the year 

mendy haha

Mendy spoke a truth about our club. We are not attractive to top players.

I believe there are a cocktail of reasons for that. The ingredients include the accepted ones like our reputation for playing dull football as well as some which I know many do not agree with me about like the stupid, ugly and racist behaviour of some of our fans. These bleeping morons have blighted our club for as long as I've been a fan and that's longer than most of you have been alive. If these people can't muster up the brain power to change their point of view I wish they'd at least learn to shut their gobs.

27 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I believe there are a cocktail of reasons for that. The ingredients include the accepted ones like our reputation for playing dull football as well as some which I know many do not agree with me about like the stupid, ugly and racist behaviour of some of our fans. These bleeping morons have blighted our club for as long as I've been a fan and that's longer than most of you have been alive. If these people can't muster up the brain power to change their point of view I wish they'd at least learn to shut their gobs.

Yawn. Probably does not want to sit on the bench.

Nothing story, really.

Monaco wanted him to stay but he's a fan of Guardiola. What he meant with that quote is that he can resist the temptation of joining Chelsea to please Monaco but not Guardiola. He's a big premier league fan as well. I actually think the quote could suggest he likes us.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Yes we aren't so attractive because we don't pay a lot of money to agents . Like man und or city. Money is the power of now 

no other reason. He doesn't want to come here ? It's simple he wants a lot of money.  

City is attractive because of guardiola and their money nothing else.

25 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Yes we aren't so attractive because we don't pay a lot of money to agents . Like man und or city.

We do. Only City paid agents (not so much) more than Chelsea between February 2016 and January 2017.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/07/premier-league-clubs-paid-record-174-million-agents-one-year/

57 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

We do. Only City paid agents (not so much) more than Chelsea between February 2016 and January 2017.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/07/premier-league-clubs-paid-record-174-million-agents-one-year/

So man city pay more money to agents. Haha + guardiola. 

Antonio conte not so attractive like mourinho,guardiola,zidane ,ancelotti etc. 

i am pretty sure that if we had mourinho as a coach:ox ,Barkley and maybe Sandro or even pogba 

we would have signed them. 

We made 90millions to juve for pogba but too late for his departure and one season later signed for man united with mourinho haha . 

On 10/09/2017 at 2:13 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Preach man. 

• 3 years later...

wtf

Chelsea appear to list two new squad additions before quickly deleting from website

The Blues have put their new shirt for next season on sale, though may have accidentally given fans an insight into who they will be targeting when the summer transfer window opens

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Chelsea-benjamin-mendy-transfer-news-24101417

Chelsea appear to have accidentally announced the signing of Benjamin Mendy and Lauren James after putting their shirts for next season on sale.

Benjamin Mendy made a surprise appearance

Mendy has been hit by a succession of significant injuries in recent seasons and has fallen down the pecking order at Manchester City. He has made only 12 appearances in the Premier League this season as Pep Guardiola’s side have marched to their third title in four years, with the Frenchman mainly left on the bench.

With Mendy out of contract in two years’ time, the defender would appear likely to be a casualty of Guardiola’s expected squad rebuild in the upcoming transfer window.

Edited by Vesper

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

wtf

Chelsea appear to list two new squad additions before quickly deleting from website

The Blues have put their new shirt for next season on sale, though may have accidentally given fans an insight into who they will be targeting when the summer transfer window opens

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Chelsea-benjamin-mendy-transfer-news-24101417

Chelsea appear to have accidentally announced the signing of Benjamin Mendy and Lauren James after putting their shirts for next season on sale.

Benjamin Mendy made a surprise appearance

Mendy has been hit by a succession of significant injuries in recent seasons and has fallen down the pecking order at Manchester City. He has made only 12 appearances in the Premier League this season as Pep Guardiola’s side have marched to their third title in four years, with the Frenchman mainly left on the bench.

With Mendy out of contract in two years’ time, the defender would appear likely to be a casualty of Guardiola’s expected squad rebuild in the upcoming transfer window.

No way its true, horrible signings

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You