• Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Chalobah (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Aina (sub)

52 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

what was the last time we got back to back clean sheets?

In the league, back in February. 1-0 win at Arsenal and then 0-0 at Watford.

In all competitions, in January. 3-0 win over Crystal Palace and 2-0 against Scunthorpe.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yeah good about Fabregas. 

What about Oscar? He realized about him too? Or he's just injured or something like that? 

Last I also liked that mikel nowhere near and Ivanovic finally been bench.... Or at least I hope so and it's not just because of injuries. 

Something wrong with Oscar's family membersso he is in brazil

Fantastic performance from us. Dominated for majority of the match and looked solid defensively when Leicester attacked us.

Chalobae with the fantastic assist. He's a good passer of the ball and wouldn't look out of place starting for us imo. He could be the one that finally makes it from the youth team. :)

When costa plays well, Chelsea play well. I remember that season we bought him, where he was scoring almost every game, we played our best football for half a season. Costa is looking as good as that once again.

Hazard looks involved more centrally, please let it stay that way.

Kante along with costa is our best player. Sometimes he was giving passes like Pirlo, if he knew how to shoot he'll be one of the best midfielders in world football, has everything else in his locker.

Luiz has been fantastic, he's thriving in the Bonucci role and I hope he stays there permanently. 

Moses is all energy, all action, causes trouble out wide always. Well done 

Alonso was fantastic in the first half. It feels so good having a left-footed leftback that can cross once again. Looks a huge threat in attack. 

Matic was very good, didn’t dwell on the ball and passed out quickly. 

Pedro was energetic, huge contribution in the link up play but lack of quality up top.

Azpi and cahill have been steady in this formation. It'll be sad if Azpi gets dropped for Terry :(

Conte has got us playing quicker in the attacking third of the pitch, quick one twos between the 3 upfront. We also look more comfortable sitting deep with this 3-4-3 compared to the 4-1-4-1 Courtois has had nothing to do since we went 3 at the back. And he trusts youth, I think he likes chalobah. 10/10 from Conte today. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Yeah good about Fabregas. 

What about Oscar? He realized about him too? Or he's just injured or something like that? 

Last I also liked that mikel nowhere near and Ivanovic finally been bench.... Or at least I hope so and it's not just because of injuries. 

Don't know what's the case with Oscar. But what's good is that Moses and Chalobah (who already has about 100 caps) has finally come to fruition. Conte knows his stuff, the way Chelsea's been playing is real good. Sure there were defeats against some of the big boys, but he's getting the points from the smaller sides. Passes like the one from Kanté to Hazard are fun to watch.

3 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Obviously the best performance of the season since it was the first I had to miss! :P

Any ideas when downloads of the full match will be available? 

Same here. I thought it was tomorrow because the date on my phone was set a day behind. Furious. Trust it to be our best performance. 

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

Did Hazard start out wide today or was he in the 10 role?

He played LW but he moved inside alot. Even in interview he said that he likes the new formation, because forwards can move more freely

12 minutes ago, DDA said:

Did Hazard start out wide today or was he in the 10 role?

He and Pedro played in forward roles behind Costa (so like a LF/RF sort of thing). If we get someone like Di Maria in there next to Hazard and Costa we'd be laughing. 

Probably one of our best display. All of our guys have well played.

Luiz was outstanding, and he was my MOTM until he made that mistake in the second half. Eventually, I voted for Kante. He was terrific. If only he can improve his finishes, he would be the best midfielder of the PL.

Our best transfer? Conte. Just let's give some play time to Batsman.

Definitely our best performance. We dictated things for most time and while at the beginning of the second half we gave them the ball, we still looked well posted in defense and midfield and they didn't really threaten us.

Kudos to Conte and the players, right attitude, good positioning and execution. We were sloppy in our finishing and we could certainly have won by 2-3 more if we were more efficient on that, but that's not a complaint, just an observation.

I don't see either Oscar or Fabregas playing in this team right now because there isn't space for them in midfield (while not being fantastic as he was two seasons ago, Matic improved a lot as the season went on) and I hope they stay in the bench.

I really wish we had a better player to play by Hazard and Costa side in the attack. I don't think Pedro is cut for it, and while Wililan and Moses have their qualities, they are far from what we could have there. Even Schurrle would be better suited for this role than the two of them, but let's see how they fare.

Oscar came back from international break, but then the club released him back to Brazil because one of his close relatives is really sick... for those asking why he wasn't even in the bench.

1 hour ago, BXL70 said:

Probably one of our best display. All of our guys have well played.

Luiz was outstanding, and he was my MOTM until he made that mistake in the second half. Eventually, I voted for Kante. He was terrific. If only he can improve his finishes, he would be the best midfielder of the PL.

Our best transfer? Conte. Just let's give some play time to Batsman.

No hate, but Im just wondering whats this trend with Kante and "if he could shoot he would be best midfielder"? I have seen it in few posts now. 

I mean, he is DM/box to box and his role is to break up play and connect both ends. He does that absolutely brilliantly. Last season he was best PL midfielder. 

I just wonder why is everything in football being best connected with goals. Strikers obviously. But Kante? Its almost like saying; if only Bonucci could shoot he would be best CB in the world :)

Kante is what he is and he is doing bloody brilliant in that role. His job was never to score goals, I dont think why would that make him best midfielder if he already is "best" at what he does. 

For midfielders, goals are far too valued today. Pogba got half of the fame for his shooting ability, while there are many things he needs to improve.

Obviously finishing would make Kante even more complete, but for me he is player who breaks up attacks and sets them up, not finishes them. As long he does that he will be best in his role, regardless of how many or how little he scores.

---

Regarding the game, the performance was amazing. Sometimes everything just gets together. Established players did amazing job, side kicks shown they are good enough to start, youth got their day too, Costa scored, Eden scored, defense was brilliant and kept clean sheet. Almost too perfect, because the very next game could give us the feel we need to replace whole team.

Bring on United, we are only 3 points off the top!