• Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Chalobah (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Aina (sub)

27 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

How solid was Luiz today btw? To be honest, since he's joined we've had some bad team performances but individually he's been pretty good. 

Hit his own woodwork (tbf Vardy was right behind him, already in the perfect spot, most likely that would have been a goal). Overall Luiz looked solid to me, Vardy didn't get a sniff! Commanded the back line and didn't shout when his teammates caused an unnecessary dead ball. Inspired the level of confidence and his build up from the back is pretty good. At least in this game, Conte seemed to have found the perfect setup to play to his strengths. It's better to have Luiz in the line-up than not. So, good business from the club, still a football club, not all about the money.

EDIT:
Rhetorical question, my bad. :ph34r:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

How solid was Luiz today btw? To be honest, since he's joined we've had some bad team performances but individually he's been pretty good. 

Yeah, it's the players around him.  For all the "Playstation" talk you could see him organizing players in the build up.  Telling Cahill and Matic where to be, or where they should of been as he was playing the ball to his second option.  He got caught out in midfield once or twice and didn't get back fast enough, but overall, he's been solid.

As for Luiz, did you notice in the first half that he signalized a medical problem to the bench? John Terry immediately started warming up. Good to see him finish the game and all, but hopefully it was something minor and long forgotten.

5 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

As for Luiz, did you notice in the first half that he signalized a medical problem to the bench? John Terry immediately started warming up. Good to see him finish the game and all, but hopefully it was something minor and long forgotten.

I think he may have landed badly when he fluffed that overhead cross attempt.

If we can maintain that level of performance and add an in form Willian instead of Pedro we'll be a very tough side to beat.

Pedro just needs to calm down and slow down. It always looks like he's rushing everything. His touch is so erratic and his delivery is so poor. Then when he gets into perfect, clear cut scoring positions he fluffs it.

8 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Even at 3-0 there is no way Mourinho would bring on more than 1 youth player. Conte showing faith in the whole squad. Love him for it!

And he's shutting Fabregas down, can see right through him, respect him for that. :)

Like people said, no doubt the best performance of this season, kudos to everyone. Hope we bring this form to next week and destroy United. Up the Blues!

p.s. been away from the forum for two weeks due to work, can anyone tell me what's wrong with Tapatalk? I can't access to TC via Tapatalk for few weeks now. 

i think that costa was angry on conte that he shouted to him to pass the ball to the right (chalobah) and he passed to the left to hazard, after that costa shouted if you don't like what i do you can sub me, and because conte is smart and didn't want to make a drama he didn't get michy inside,but if costa wouldn't do all this story michy had played, because you saw RLC was not suit to play there and the formation looked very odd. hope michy have patience.

5 hours ago, The Skipper said:

He hasn't been flawless but he's made far less mistakes than Cahill, Ivanovic etc and yet somehow, he's still getting hammered by some pundits because of his reputation.

1 hour ago, Essien19 said:

And he's shutting Fabregas down, can see right through him, respect him for that. :)

Yeah good about Fabregas. 

What about Oscar? He realized about him too? Or he's just injured or something like that? 

Last I also liked that mikel nowhere near and Ivanovic finally been bench.... Or at least I hope so and it's not just because of injuries. 

Best performance of the season so far and while Leicester haven't been great, it's still nice to see us replicate the performance we saw against Burnley - the intensity, the pressing, the energy and some lovely interchange of plays - against one of the slightly better sides in the league. Now, it would be great if we can do it against United next week and beat them and Mourinho!