Sunderland 3-2 Chelsea

Jase

12 minutes ago, Henrique said:

This kind of Game was perfect for the likes of Kenedy and Traore, at least they still have some motivation left. 

Agree, but players like those needed some more game time.. like you say, we had nothing to play for.. so why didn't we? Why has Hiddink consistently played the deadwood that is the main cause for a majority of our defeats in games like these, where the youth can easily exert themselves? 

We have RLC, Colkett, Abraham, JCS, Aina, Bamford plus so many others that should be given a lot of chances while we continue to be in a phase that isn't bidding for silverware.. I just don't get why none of them are getting a chance!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Finishing 4th next season will feel like winning the CL after this 2015-16 debarcle

No, it won't. Nothing will ever feel like that again (or like winning the league in 2005 for that matter).

17 minutes ago, chrismada9 said:

If Leicester winning the league doesn't show that I don't know what does. Every other club will be inspired to be like them next season, making the Premier League a lot harder..

Yup - add the fact that playing at the Emirates, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Etihad, holds no fear now for teams anymore

2 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Gerrard's last Liverpool game: 6-1 loss to Stoke. Terry's last Chelsea game: 3-2 loss to Sunderland & sent off?

Terry got sent off at Barcelona in 2012, and turned out to be a memorable game for us! At least the defeat wasn't a rout! 

Gerrard's send-off clearly worse!

On 5/3/2016 at 0:01 AM, Jason said:

Something tells me we'll lose this game.

Just like the Man City game, called the result right again.

Now that we have ended Spurs and Newcastle (not forgetting Benitez - :lol:), can we get back to winning ways in the final two games or is that too much to ask?!

The back six including Baba are not good enough ponderous, disorganised they've forgotten how to defend as a unit, We would have been out of sight if Costa had taken his chances. Everyone could see under Mourinho that the square peg round holes formation with Dave and Ivan wasn't working yet still we set up like this it's just baffling. Since the Everton game the season has just been a going through the motions exercise except for the second half against Spurs where we showed some heart and backbone.

Chelsea's record this season compared to last*

2014/2015 vs 2015/2016
Goals scored: 70 vs 57
Goals conceded: 28 vs 51
Games won: 25 vs 12
Games lost: 2 vs 12

Fucking shocking I'm so fucking angry with Chelsea this year conte has a big job to do next season

Wow we actually lost? I didn't watch the game, how was the defence? Meh anyway the result hardly matters for Chelsea.

It's just a plan to relegate Rafa. And without Newcastle we have less dodgy grounds to play in next season.

Silver linings!

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Beepu said:

Wow we actually lost? I didn't watch the game, how was the defence? Meh anyway the result hardly matters for Chelsea.

It's just a plan to relegate Rafa. And without Newcastle we have less dodgy grounds to play in next season.

Silver linings!

Defence was shit, and Terry was unlucky for the first tackle and then the second was stupid Not sure what he was thinking of, but he doesn't normally go crashing in so I'm hoping it was just an accident. But we've lost him in two games.

4 hours ago, chrismada9 said:

Agree, but players like those needed some more game time.. like you say, we had nothing to play for.. so why didn't we? Why has Hiddink consistently played the deadwood that is the main cause for a majority of our defeats in games like these, where the youth can easily exert themselves? 

We have RLC, Colkett, Abraham, JCS, Aina, Bamford plus so many others that should be given a lot of chances while we continue to be in a phase that isn't bidding for silverware.. I just don't get why none of them are getting a chance!

Bamford isn't good enough, the others should have got some chances tho.

Defence was shit, and Terry was unlucky for the first tackle and then the second was stupid Not sure what he was thinking of, but he doesn't normally go crashing in so I'm hoping it was just an accident. But we've lost him in two games.

I

What else is new? Haha. Not sure if I'm more surprised at Chelsea losing to Sunderland or the fact that some people here are still surprised we lost. It's still the 2015-2016 season guys

The rotten season is drawing to en end.
Next year we will at least qualify for the champions league behind Swansea who will be the champions of course.
Sunderland owes us this game so it's 3 points won already.
Against 'pool in the final match I expect Willian to do his job.

So we play Mikel and Matic for defensive solidity against relegation fodder, Ivanovic and Azpilicueta supposedly for the same reason. Despite that we bottle the lead twice, RLC and Kenedy don't get a look in, Mikel plays until the 83rd minute when we should have been chasing the equalizer. I must admit, Hiddink was doing a good job when he first took over, but by the end of the season he is losing it. Nothing to play for but "pride", he continuously fields the same players who shit on pride. He ignores the youngsters who have been showing great promise despite not playing for anything. Conte can't take over quickly enough.