Alex Teixeira

the wes

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sign this guy, we badly need goal scoring midfielder since Lampard left/started decling. Shakhtar produces some great players - Costa, Fernandinho, Willian, Mkhitariyan to name a few... He will tear up the PL.

They didn't produce any of those players. They just have really, really good scouts.

To the people that actually watch Shakhthar. Even solely in the CL:

He is, imo, the player that has impressed me the most, even when they tore us up a new arsehole and everybody said it was all Willian. IMO. Teixeira was amazing back then, somewhere on youtube there is bound to be a clip of it and you can see it. He is good. A dynamic No.10 ala KDB. I'd be CONTENT with him here. Mainly because I'd prefer Isco.

To the people that actually watch Shakhthar. Even solely in the CL:

He is, imo, the player that has impressed me the most, even when they tore us up a new arsehole and everybody said it was all Willian. IMO. Teixeira was amazing back then, somewhere on youtube there is bound to be a clip of it and you can see it. He is good. A dynamic No.10 ala KDB. I'd be CONTENT with him here. Mainly because I'd prefer Isco.

What is with all the isco hype? He is good player but he is show player not someone you want when you play big team because he does fuck all in those games except for few nice tricks.

What is with all the isco hype? He is good player but he is show player not someone you want when you play big team because he does fuck all in those games except for few nice tricks.

He's often played at LW and everything else rather than CAM. Plus there's Ronaldo. Isco's amazing. A far better 10 than what we have. iMO. Excluding Willian at 10.

Trying to break Neymar's leg is disgusting.

Isco was a nice prospect at Malaga, but has regressed ever since, maybe a change of air will do the boy some good.

At least he is better than Coutinho. :ph34r:

That was never a red. Very harsh in my opinion.

And during the match there was a moment when he dribbled the ball past 2/3 barca players ran into some more traffic, shielded the ball with around 4 players around him and still was able to retain the ball and pass it on.

No one in our team has one-tenth his technical ability except for hazard (obviously).

He is a much better player than James but obviously the price tag has defined their places in the first team. Lastly, Madrid has always looked better with him in the team than bale but again, the price tag in the key element here

And during the match there was a moment when he dribbled the ball past 2/3 barca players ran into some more traffic, shielded the ball with around 4 players around him and still was able to retain the ball and pass it on.

No one in our team has one-tenth his technical ability except for hazard (obviously).

He is a much better player than James but obviously the price tag has defined their places in the first team. Lastly, Madrid has always looked better with him in the team than bale but again, the price tag in the key element here

For me Isco had lost control and the kick was absolutely unnecessary, the ball was long gone.

You see it differently, so be it.

Isco has his qualities, he is one of the best dribblers in the game and sometimes an absolute joy to watch.

For such a talented player he is working hard and not afraid of putting in a defensive shift. Good on him!

In my point of view, he often slows the play down, instead of passing he chooses the dribbling,

his releasing of the ball is often too slow and so on.

For me, James is the better player, he is more intelligent and really efficient in front of the goal, he definitely knows what he's doing.

Have you seen those shots against Barca? They were extremely dangerous, masterclass saves from their goalie.

James operates more vertically, excellent passes and never gives up.

Poor decision from Benitez to subb him off, he clearly doesn't rate him, shocking!

Agree to disagree, sorry mate.

Apart from this, good to have you back.

@didierforever, unfortunately for us Benetiz actually plays him more now. Under Carlo he even complained openly to the press at his lack of game-time, there would have been a real opportunity for him to leave this summer if Carlo had stayed and continued to leave him on the bench.

I'm a big fan of Isco, and what you described is exactly what we need. Ball retention. He has a tendency to run himself into needless trouble at times, and dwell on the ball far too long, but those are criticisms that can be worked on and I'd gladly deal with as Chelsea fan over what we have at the moment.

Only Hazard and Willian, (and Matic aswell) have great ball retention in Midfield. Oscar gets blown off the ball farr too much, Pedro same. Costa the same.

We truly just need a new #10. One who has great ball-retention and one that can be trusted in big games.

I wasn't going to but I'm sorry I could not not to react. Isco better than James? Much better? You sir, are what they call bat**** crazy.

I was among those saying 'typical Real, buy a new hot player when you already have a top talent in his position'. As a fan of Isco I was saddened by the fact he was not going to get a chance. But James has performed from day one. I didn't want to admit it after the first few months but I was only fooling myself. James has performed at a level Isco has never reached (for a sustained period). Not at Malaga, not at Real, not for Spain.

James is world-class, seriously. Isco is still a prospect, he's far too limited to be considered a top player. His ability to hold the ball in the most impossible situations is superb but that's one aspect. He doesn't offer enough yet. Technically he's fantastic but tactically he still has so much to learn. His positional sense is far from good enough. James blows him away in this. That's why Isco can go hiding for long periods or fails to impose himself and provide consistent match-winning contributions.

He beats Isco in every aspect really. Isco's ball control is better but your talking about fine margins as James' ball control is excellent as well. Isco is the superior dribbler, no contest. But it stops there. James' passing, shooting technique, finishing (he scores the most breathtaking goals btw), crossing, shot from range, set-piece delivery and free-kicks are all areas in which he beats Isco with ease.

James has a really good engine, high work rate (for an attacking player) and possesses good upper body strength. Isco is still a bit lacking in these areas. They both aren't the quickest players and don't offer much when it comes to physical duels.

But these are the key areas that sets the two apart. I already mentioned sense of space. No comparison here. Isco just floats around for the most part, isn't adapt at knowing where to move at which time. It's not good. Ozil is a master in this (mentioning him as the former Real #10). James the same but more aggressive towards goal.

And then there's the speed of thought. James is lightening. You play him the ball anywhere and he knows exactly where his team mates are and which one to play the ball too. He'll spot a runner looking for a through ball or someone moving into a good position and play the ball with great speed. He does everything with purpose, to open up defences, to find a way to goal. A really intelligent player.

This is probably Isco's biggest weakness. He's still too slow. Plain and simple. Not slow in general but the vision of a Real Madrid #10 isn't there yet. He'll always be that 'extremely talented guy waiting for his big breakthrough' if he doesn't manage to up the tempo and play smarter.

Again, Isco's ball retention in any kind of situation is ridiculous. But there are two sides to that coin. He gets into those situations because of his own doing. James is rarely surrounded. He's clever enough not to get into such predicaments. But James' ball retention is class as well. His ball control is very tight, his feet are quick and he shifts the ball away from opponents with complete ease. He too has his wow moments on the ball but he takes less touches.

Mentally again, not close. Consistency wise the two aren't even in the same galaxy. James is a weekly performer and one of the stars. Isco is hot and cold. James does a much better job at providing match-winning moments. Leading man for his country, carries the team. All the different kinds of pressure don't seem to get to him. €45 mil move to Monaco? No problem. First World Cup? No problem. Joining the Real Circus? No problem. €80 mil price tag on your head? No problem. Out injured for a while? He just bounces back. Immediately Real's best player in his sub appareance vs Sevilla, grabs a goal with Real 3-1 down. Another class goal. I don't know how he does it. Probably crafted by the same football god who created Zlatan.

Isco is still the Spanish golden child. He joined Real with a lot expectations and was supposed to overtake Iniesta or Silva for Spain. But we're still waiting for him to fully bloom.

This is why I didn't want to react. I apologise for the novel but there was no other way.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You