Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Tbh I thought it would be one of those games where it's just backs to the wall, defend, counter. Better second half, just no cutting edge in and around the box, lacking sharpness I assume.

Willian was good.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh... glorified friendly.

biggest problem is how many of ours players looked off the pace.

cesc, matic, azpi, hazard. the back bone of our team. 2nd match is at etihad. we might take some time to getting going, unlike last year.

We need a world class striker as back up to Costa. Also When we loking for options from the bench Victor moses is not an exciting prospect. We are Chelsea and we should have much better players than ramires and falcao.

don't forget the Emirates Cup. They finally won their own trophy after five years. We should all be afraid of this new Arsenal. World beaters. Top of Europe

To be fair, with all the stick I gave them for not winning anything for years, it's better than nothing.

I just hope the boys are fired up for next week and start the season strongly.

Glorified Friendly. Regardless what Mourinho said he does not give a shit if he loses today. Albeit it was against Wenger, it is technically a glorified friendly for Charity. This game, apart from Wenger, meant as much to Mourinho as New York Red Bulls. Mark my words.

I actually think Tibo hadn't much to do as well.

are you kidding me? I think he had much more difficult saves than Cech. Cech did playbook saves, nothing out of the norm, even for Ospina or their other keeper I can't spell (loaned to Roma now).

Courtois had a couple of world class saves there imo, against Cazorla and Arteta or whoever was that he saved with his legs (both in the second).

Also, I don't get people blaming this result on Cech, I repeat, he did not do any outstanding save, not even for Oscar's FK. It was a good FK, it was a difficult ball for Cech, but not the point where people could assume other keepers wouldn't do it. Many would.

Tbh I thought it would be one of those games where it's just backs to the wall, defend, counter. Better second half, just no cutting edge in and around the box, lacking sharpness I assume.

That's pretty much what it was to be fair.. the way Arsenal set up, it was as if they were inviting us to make the dirty tackles and make us seem agitated. By doing that, it weakens our stronghold in defence, and it allows opposing teams to attack effortlessly. it also slows down our game impeccably!

We did that against PSG in the Champions League last season if I recall.. PSG played with confidence in attack, and because we'll do anything to slow the pace down, we'll tackle by any means necessary, even if it means chop down the odd player here and there. When we got agitated, Ibrahimovic called our team "babies".. and that's what flumped our performance.

Same thing today! We have to make sure it doesn't happen this season, otherwise, big games will cost us big points, and we'll start struggling again!

Glorified Friendly. Regardless what Mourinho said he does not give a shit if he loses today. Albeit it was against Wenger, it is technically a glorified friendly for Charity. This game, apart from Wenger, meant as much to Mourinho as New York Red Bulls. Mark my words.

So you're telling me an ultra competitive person like Mourinho who plays almost his entire first-11 in pre-season friendlies doesn't care about a cup game? Do pigs fly, too? Am I Jesus? etc etc etc

To be fair, with all the stick I gave them for not winning anything for years, it's better than nothing.

I just hope the boys are fired up for next week and start the season strongly.

better than nothing, yes, but still way less than they should be winning or at least seriously contending for based on the players they have.

When was the last time they really a shot winning anything but the domestic cups? They haven't been runners up in the league in ages, never close to really winning it, they're out in Europe normally at R16. I don't think a club with their investment should be happy that now they're winning domestic cups instead of nothing as they were for many years. They became such a big joke, that the standards went to the ground, but if we don't take their recent history into account, winning a couple of FA Cups and having nothing else within reach, is really poor.

It'll all come together. :rolleyes:

If we lose to City, don't worry "it'll all come together". No, it fucking won't.

Today was our first team. No kids. And Wenger gave us a huge taste of our own medicine today. Now Arsenal and its fans think they have Chelsea by their nose.

I'm not sold on Falcao, Costa keeps getting injured, Remy playing like he forgot the simple BASICS of being a striker, Ramires BARELY showing creativity, Hazard going missing in games....

Dude, if ALL that happened only today then fine, I'll keep quiet. BUT THIS IS CONSTANT (except Remy, shocking from him today). I hated the way we played in the 2nd half of the season, and now that luck of getting 1-0 wins have suddenly disappeared.

And let's not forget, we sold Luis and Cech. Cech to THESE FUCKERS. Cech's presence stopped us from scoring today. We will lose to these fuckers AGAIN if Costa isn't fully fit the next time we play them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5P7On5y0Ps

Today is nothing to get worked up over at all. Even if it is Arsenal.

Losing to Arsenal whatever the occasion is NEVER fun! If you live with 4 Arsenal supporters it's even worse!

If I had a worst enemy who supported Chelsea, I wouldn't wish it upon them!

are you kidding me? I think he had much more difficult saves than Cech. Cech did playbook saves, nothing out of the norm, even for Ospina or their other keeper I can't spell (loaned to Roma now).

Courtois had a couple of world class saves there imo, against Cazorla and Arteta or whoever was that he saved with his legs (both in the second).

Also, I don't get people blaming this result on Cech, I repeat, he did not do any outstanding save, not even for Oscar's FK. It was a good FK, it was a difficult ball for Cech, but not the point where people could assume other keepers wouldn't do it. Many would.

I agree, but i just don't think the difference in quality between teams was really that big, B. They did not give us a 'spanking'. They got the early goal, we chased and failed. This is what they implied. I might be called crazy, but i think we will be ready. Hence why i said, wait for the stats. It seems all to much panicking at this stage (but the CC isn't what makes my blood boil, its preseason).

Tibo did very well, looked the part. Im glad for that, we have errors but they our not new. Even knowing those we won the EPL. Lets talk again when we hit the EPL ground running. [emoji33]